Five

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon whistled when she walked into Mina’s new apartment. Momo let out a loud gasp when she walked in, only to be shushed by Jihyo immediately.

“You weren’t kidding…” Nayeon chuckled.

“All of this is from that one couple?! How much is the paycheck?!” Jihyo gawked. Mina let out a nervous laugh, her hand reaching up to the back of her neck. “Mina..” She gasped.

“I’m actually not being paid by them anymore… My paycheck is rent being paid…” Mina explained. “They picked the place and everything…”

Nayeon’s eyes widened at the explanation, shocked that all of this was happening.

“How much did that site say they were worth again?” Nayeon asked.

“Um…” Mina mumbled while looking over at her phone. “A lot.” She shrugged her shoulders, trying to remember. She knew it was an outrageous number, but didn’t know exactly.

The two stayed a little while longer, Jihyo wanting to talk to Mina more since she hadn’t gotten the chance to for a while. With her own work schedule, everything was just difficult.

“I wish we could stay and chat longer…” Jihyo frowned before pulling her into a tight embrace.

“Go enjoy your day date. I’ll take care of Momo.” Mina smiled. “We’ll have fun won’t we!” She called over her shoulder.

“Yeah!” She giggled from the living room.

 

--

 

It wasn’t long before the couple had left for their date, leaving Mina and Momo behind for the day. Mina had adored Momo so much that she practically considered her her own niece. She watched her color in her coloring book for nearly an hour before she was bored and wanted to do something. So Mina took her down to the park nearby.

“Wow! I like this park!” Momo squealed when they arrived.

Mina watched her closely as she played, watching her make an instant friend and drag her everywhere. She smiled to herself when she saw Momo really coming out of her shell to talk with the little girl.

Momo did eventually run all the way back to Mina, giggling with her newfound friend in tow.

“Auntie! Auntie Mina!” Momo giggled when she got closer. Mina looked up from her phone, seeing the two of them. Almost immediately she cried inside when she recognized the little girl. Tzuyu. “This is my new friend!” She smiled.

“Nice to meet you.” Mina forced a smile, hoping the little girl didn’t recognize her. Tzuyu gave her a smile without any words.

“Her name is Chewy!” Momo added.

“Oh?” Mina asked, looking to the little girl who nodded her head. It was obvious that wasn’t her name, but something Tzuyu was probably used to by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter