Six

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu sat in her room, tears streaming down her face with her hands over her ears. She hated yelling. She hated hearing her parents yelling. She thought it had all stopped for a while, only for it to start back up again.

“Maybe if you actually paid attention to this family we wouldn’t be here!” Sana screamed.

“Me?! Are you really blaming this on me?!” Jeongyeon shouted. “You’re the one with the job that makes us hide!”

“Don’t you dare.” Sana growled. “Your job is just as high profile as mine.” She pointed.

“Not like it matters now!” Jeongyeon groaned. “Whatever. I’m going out.” Jeongyeon grabbed her coat before storming out of the house. The front door slammed shut, leaving behind a teary eyed Sana.

It took a few seconds for Sana to compose herself, hearing her daughter’s cries from the bedroom. She hurried over and lifted Tzuyu up, holding her close while the little girl sobbed into her shoulder.

 

--

 

Jeongyeon didn’t come home until late that night, seeing Sana seated on the couch with her knees pulled up to her chest. It was obvious that the younger girl had been crying. She looked exhausted. The older sat herself down on the couch across from Sana, letting out a small sigh before running a hand through her hair.

“I think… I think we should just get the divorce.” Jeongyeon spoke after a few minutes of silence. “We have the papers…”

Sana stayed silent, knowing that she refused to sign them at first. Refusing to believe that they had some serious problems in the past. She didn’t want to lose the one person she had loved the most in her life after Tzuyu.

“I know how you feel about all of it… But… I can’t… I can’t keep telling myself that we can fix everything when you and I both know we can’t.” She frowned.

“I’ll sign them.” Sana whispered, her eyes slowly shutting.

“You aren’t putting up a fight?” Jeongyeon asked, clearly shocked at how calm Sana was.

“I don’t want to fight anymore.” Sana whispered. She avoided looking at Jeongyeon, knowing her fight or flight instinct would kick in if she did. She didn’t want to fight her, and she didn’t want to run from her either.

 

--

 

Sana sat in her office, her mind elsewhere as she attempted to go over her paperwork. She had signed the papers last night and left them on the counter for Jeongyeon to file in the morning. She had left before Jeongyeon woke up, making a point she didn’t want to see her. She knew if she did see her, she would’ve broken down before work and she didn’t want that.

“Sana, your phone has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter