Just her luck

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next couple of weeks that followed proceeded just like this:

 

Eunbi would arrive to work five minutes before Sojung, remembering to always hand her the same overbearing coffee each morning.

 

From there the blonde secretary will be bombarded with an abundance of otherwise amateur tasks that would repeat itself on the same weekdays of every week over and over again.

 

It was a cycle she'd gotten used to after a while...

 

in fact... 

 

A pattern appears to have developed over time since Eunbi’s hire; Get to work, do the work, stay overtime until asked to leave or leave on her own accord.

 

Plain and simple and really not that much different from her first week here… other than the only factor of Sojung seemingly having gotten used to Eunbi’s presence, would no longer shoo her away as often these days towards the conclusions of her shifts.

 

Everything seemed to be fitting into place as Eunbi was slowly settling in..

 

However,

 

One thing the shorter notice that did come off as quite the odd fit though, was apart from needing to cater to her boss’s needs like every second breath she took, her assigned tasks were otherwise definitely not what she would expect for a secretary at all.

 

To put it bluntly, the work's absolutely braindead.

 

One would think a secretary within a world-renowned company like Aphrodite’s fashion will constantly be needing to showcase analytical and problem-solving skills, but Sojung, with the exception of her first day on the job, has yet to assign her anything like that just yet…

 

For someone who’s paid so handsomely… the job is simple… too simple… but hey, who is Eunbi to complain about that?

 

She had grown quite accustomed to her new pattern regime, it was definitely tedious at times but in no way difficult and acquires no need for any further academics. 

 

Or that’s what the blonde likes to convince herself of anyways.

 

You see, just beyond the pattern the younger follow almost religiously now, she’s failed to mention one tiny detail that had been, otherwise, purposely missed to support her mind to remain in the state of complete unadulterated denial.

 

And that detail can be more or less defined as literally catching glimpses of the CEO whenever the secretary seizes the chance, anywhere between doing her work and staying overtime within the sections of her pattern… but for Eunbi’s mentality and pure avoidance of sheer embarrassment's sake, the latter prefers to call this action, “Observing Ms Kim Sojung’s health for her, because the woman can hardly do it herself”

 

But before any judgement, please understand, this entire ordeal is definitely not because she’s trying to be creepy or just want an extra glance at the most beautiful woman she’s ever seen. No. Of course not.

 

Even if this is a tendency that’s developed over time since her first day here, it was really something Eunbi picked up after noticing the blatant tiredness and stress Sojung emits from time to time.

 

It didn't even take long before the young secretary deduced, that the older woman tries really hard to cover up signs of her fatigue, even putting in the effort to mask those faint dark circles underneath a light layer of foundation and getting extra grumpy when an employee walks a little too close to her.

 

But despite that, it wasn’t hard to notice the way the taller would close her eyes every so often, just to force them back open again or the way her head would nod forward a few times whenever she fails to open her eyes back up in time.

 

In fact, to put matters worst, if Eunbi was being honest she swears, ever since her first day here, she hadn’t seen any food touch Sojung’s mouth at all, other than multiple cups of that pretentious overly priced coffee that couldn’t be good for anybody’s health, let alone someone who drinks about three cups a day.

 

On top of that... although this was a discovery made very early in the job, Eunbi can’t help but keep being reminded of how Sojung would always be the last one to stay in the company against everybody else...

 

Sure, she is the CEO, but even CEOs have their limits don't they?

 

How someone manages to live like that? Eunbi would never know... but with all those factors added up together, could you really blame the blonde for being at least a tiny bit concerned for the person that pays her salary?

 

It was an extensively conflicting debate in her mind, but deciding a beautiful face liked Sojung’s didn’t fit the stressed out and tired narrative, Eunbi finally gathered up enough courage to call out to the taller.

 

“Ma’am?”

 

Looking up from the paperwork in her hands, Sojung raised an eyebrow at her secretary to indicate permission to speak.

 

“It’s almost 7:30” Eunbi begins to reason “I don’t mean to be nosy, but I haven’t seen you eat one thing since this morning and it’s been quite a busy day too… I’m going to finish up soon, but before I leave did you want me to bring you anything?”

 

Noticing an expression Eunbi couldn’t quite decipher, she quickly added another option “In all honesty, I haven’t eaten much today either and I heard there’s a good kbbq restaurant nearby, did you want to go together-“Eunbi’s eyes widen as she catches those careless words slip right out of .

 

WAIT! Did that sound like I was asking her out? OH. MY. GOD. It TOTALLY sounded like I was trying to ask her out!! ...

 

Mentally slapping herself for having such a stupid thought, Eunbi just sat in silence trying her best to wait patiently for a reply.

 

Don't be overdramatic Eunbi, you're overthinking again, it was a totally normal and casual thing to ask.

 

They must’ve sat there for what felt like forever.

 

As this dreadful silence continues to drag on for longer Eunbi too, feels herself beginning to panic, especially since her mind just so happen to decide right now, it wanted to remember the rumours she’s heard about how her boss tends to scold employees that talks too casually to her.

 

"I don't just eat from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter