Father

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All finished I see"

 

Finishing off skimming through the paperwork handed to him by Sojung, the once held files gets placed down on the CEO desk in front of her, revealing the face of a man between his mid 60s-70s right across.

 

"As expected of my daughter of course"

 

His grating voice screeched within Sojung's ears, as he picked up the second file laid next to the first.

 

"It's all completed as you asked, is it really necessary to check everything file by file? I'm not in high school anymore"

 

Flicking off the tips of his cigarette into an ash bowl, the older man leaned his head back against his chair, before going back to breezing through the documents again.

 

"High-school or company CEO,  perfection is the key to success. I'm sure you are aware. I must be certain you have not slacked off on anything Sojung. ESPECIALLY since I've heard you've been slacking off on your relationship with Eunwoo."

 

"Can we please not talk about that right now-"

 

...

 

"No."

 

"..."

 

Like a parent scolding his daughter. Sojung felt her shoulders tense at that familiar firmness in her father's voice... finding herself not really being able to do anything, other than obediently sitting there while she's practically getting her homework checked. 

 

Finally confirming that her work was by every means satisfactory, Mr Kim, made eye contact with his daughter, for the first time today. "Very good Sojung" He said as he took another puff out of his cigarette. "That should be all for the week. Do keep yourself prepared for any additional projects that may arise soon"

 

Losing the motivation to even speak at this point, the CEO just nodded her head and silently prayed that this encounter will walk towards its finality very soon. 

 

"I heard you've recently hired yourself a secretary not too long ago is that right?"

 

"Yes, it's been a couple of months by now"

 

"I see. And why isn't she here today?"

 

...

 

"I needed her to run a few errands for me"

 

"Do you honestly need a personal secretary to do that?"

 

"No, but it's a part of her job description"  There was an unspoken elephant in the room. Sojung was afraid one wrong move would potentially set everything off for the man in front of her... but alas, curiosity still got the best of her and she just needed to ask... "Why the sudden interest in that though?"

 

"Nothing in particular. It's just... " He puts out his cigarette by smashing the tips into the ash bowl. "I'm just surprised"

 

"That I've hired myself a secretary?"

 

"That you still think it's a good idea to hire one, despite after everything that's happened last year. Are you that reliant on others, you need to share your personal workload with another?"

 

"Father... " She tried her best to regulate the volume in her voice. "You can't possibly expect me to micromanage every single detail in a world-renowned company alone by myself. Heck, I'm even doing a percentage of your workload too along with my own, am I not?"

 

"All I'm saying is, this better not be a repeat of last time."

 

...

 

...

 

"Of course..." Sojung lowered her head as she felt her knuckles rolled into a fist underneath the table, away from her father's site. "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

 

"Not in particular, all that needed to be said had been said"  Standing up, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter