Our Final Goodbye

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know, out of everyone in the world, you have to be the last person I expected to see here,"

 

 

Sojung's head turned at the sound of that familiar voice, a melody etched in her memory. "Eunbi..." Emotions flickered in her eyes as she spoke. "Your hair's pink now."

 

 

"You don't like it?"

 

 

"No, I do, it suits you."

 

 

Eunbi walked over, standing beside her former boss. They found themselves at a small bridge lookout, offering a breathtaking view of the river below. Despite being a popular spot in Eunbi's hometown, the late hour ensured there were hardly any bystanders. This had been a popular spot for their rendezvous since they were... well together... yet after their rather messy breakup.. Eunbi had subconsciously found herself visiting this bridge often... it's not something her brain could explain... rather... somewhere her heart had always lead her back to.

 

 

Following Sojung's lead, the now pink-haired girl leaned her arms on the bridge's railing, focusing on the view ahead. She avoided making eye contact with Sojung, who seemed to be doing the same.

 

 

And just like that, they stood there silently for a couple of minutes. No words shared... just a quiet mutual understanding. 

 

 

The view had always been great from this bridge... but tonight Eunbi couldn't help but think it looked rather different.

 

 

"What are you doing here, Sojung?"




"..."
 

 

A momentary hush enveloped them. It had been just over a month since their paths had last crossed – that pivotal day when Eunbi had resigned, a choice met with little commentary from Sojung, save for a subtle nod. Gazing upon the older woman now, the emotions Eunbi harboured felt as raw and poignant as they had on that farewell day. Perhaps, she mused, these intense feelings for Sojung would persist, unyielding to the passage of time. Maybe, just maybe, they were destined never to fade and if she were being brutally honest, she didn't want it to either.

 

 

Even beneath the twinkling starlight, amid all that had transpired between them, even as soon as Eunbi noticed Sojung from afar, the very woman still remained, in Eunbi's eyes, the most beautiful woman she had ever beheld. A certainty echoed in her heart that nothing in the vast expanse of the world could ever alter that perception. Yet, alongside this enduring admiration, the sting of hurt lingered. Though time may have muted its intensity, the wounds were undeniably present. Eunbi hadn't extended her forgiveness to Sojung, and by the way, the woman had stayed so somberly silent, that she suspected that Sojung was well aware of that factor too. 

 

 

"My wedding is tomorrow. I thought I'd come over here one last time to clear my head."

 

 

"Oh," the shorter woman found her hands clenching on the handlebar underneath upon hearing that answer. "Why here, though? It's a bit of a travel for you, is it not?"

 

 

"I like it here." The CEO finally turned her head to look at Eunbi, properly this time. "I've never told you, but this view has become one of my favorite views in the world."

 

 

"Huh..." Eunbi pondered the taller's words for a brief second, feeling the other's gaze on her, but not daring to look. She wasn't sure if she could handle looking at Sojung properly just yet. "A view like this? Surely the CEO of one of the world's biggest fashion companies could find herself an even more amazing site."

 

 

"I can, but none would be as special or meaningful."

 


"..."

 

 

How are you able to say something like that... just how are you able to do that now? 

 

 

Eunbi shook her head subtly, trying to regain her composure and ignore the sinking yet beating feeling in her chest that was causing to tighten.

 

 

It helped that Sojung had finally looked away from her, back to the view ahead.

 

 

"And why is that?" She finally was able to ask.

 

 

"I think you know why, Eunbi."

 

 

Don't cry, Eunbi. Don't you dare cry. It's not worth it... it's not worth it.

 

 

"Are you not afraid your father's PI might see you here? Would that not cause you trouble?"

 

 

That invited a small chuckle to come out of Sojung's mouth... at least Eunbi thinks it's a chuckle, her neck was still stiff in place, consciously still avoiding to look at Sojung's face properly.

 

 

"They've already won, Eunbi. There's no point in worrying about that now."

 

 

Oh, how she hated that gnawing feeling that was growing in her chest.

 

 

"Sojung-"

 



"Eunbi.. look a shooting star." The taller extended her arm and pointed towards her target, prompting Eunbi's eyes to follow the gesture.

 

 

It was easy to miss, but Sojung was right, there was a small shooting scar souring across the clear night sky.

 

 


"Make a wish Eunbi..."
 

 


"A wish?"
 

 


Eunbi never took Sojung to be the type to believe in such traditions.

 

 

A wish... She closed her eyes 

 

 

Any wish..?

 

 

Her heart began to beat faster as she tried her best to hold in a certain mistiness that began to form within her eyes. 

 

 

I wish... I wish for... She bit her lip at the very thought.

 

 

"It's gone now Eunbi..."
 

 


She opened her eyes, confirming the stillness within the sky. She hadn't really noticed how beautiful yet dark the sky was tonight until now.

 

 

Why does the sky make me feel so sad.... jeez.

 

 


"Eunbi" Sojung's voice snapped the younger back to reality. "What did you wish for"
 

 


For the first time tonight, Eunbi finally made eye contact with Sojung causing all sorts of emotions to fly as she struggled in herself to find the right words. She wasn't ready to face her at all... Without giving herself a moment to spare to capture Sojung's face fully, the girl turned away just as quickly.

 

 

"Secret" The pink-haired girl finally responded. "What did you wish for?"
 

 

...

 

...

 

...

 


"I never real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter