Unfinished work

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's go get dinner together, you and me"

 

The sudden ask...  made Eunbi feel completely taken aback. To put it quite frankly, it surprised her in more ways than one... making her unsure just what exactly the CEO was playing at and if all this was meant to be a trick question or genuine...

 

However, staring into Sojung's eyes for what felt like the first time in a week... the younger cannot deny the sincerity behind it for even a second.

 

It made her want to stare into them longer... made her consider the offer and even formulate an answer that was undoubtedly clogged up in . 

 

Still, one cannot blame her for still feeling quite skeptical about the question.

 

"But you have dinner there don't you" The blonde gesture towards the dinner bag Eunwoo had brought for Sojung earlier "... besides... I thought you don't just eat from any restaurants" Her words carried a slight tinge of bitterness to it.

 

"Let's just say, his choices of what should be considered as a good dinner is quite... questionable... but" Sojung puts on a prideful smirk "You're right, I'm not going to just take you to any restaurant, Now come on'  she pulls Eunbi away from her desk, towards the exit. "My treat"

 

"Wait-" The blonde couldn't help but resist against the older's grasp. "I don't know if this is a good idea Ms Kim.. besides" She quickly said whilst pointing towards her paperwork "I still have some unfinished business to do"

 

"You can do it later, I'll extend the due date to the end of tomorrow"

 

"but-"

 

"Eunbi" Sojung finally turned around to stare down on her secretary

 

"I'm your boss and I'm not taking a no for an answer"

 

***

 

Oh she did not just use her boss card on me

 

Eunbi quietly thought to herself as she did her best to try to relax into one of the fanciest dining chairs she's ever laid eyes upon. 

 

Sojung was right... this place... definitely isn't just like any restaurant she knew

 

It practically resembles exactly how the latter would imagine where billionaires would typically dine out on a Friday night. With waiters and waitresses wearing suits and ties, dishes carried out to diners in a dome and atmosphere just dark enough that candles are enough to lighten up the room. 

 

Yeah, definitely not just any restaurant indeed.

 

And Eunbi, definitely didn't feel like she fit in at all. 

 

Reading over the menu of twenty items of unfamiliar names she could hardly even pronounce, the secretary slightly winces at the pricing of each dish... where a few digits next to certain items would come very close to a week's worth of pay for most people...

 

It made the blonde just that much more uncomfortable, thinking about the need to order.

 

"It's alright Eunbi" Her boss's voice manages to snap Eunbi right out of her train of thought.

 

With the way Sojung was watching the younger though, it seems she had caught on to Eunbi's inner dilemma as well, "It's my treat, so feel free to order whatever you like"

 

Alright she says that but... Eunbi scanned over the menu again, This is just too much...

 

Not even having another second to process whatever a 'haricots verts' is, a waiter appears right in front of their table, pen and an order pad on hand.

 

"May I take your orders ladies?" The rather handsome looking staff member had asked, running a hand over his freshly cut mid fade whilst his chocolate brown eyes stared solely on Sojung... making Eunbi feel tugs on her heart she couldn't at all control.

 

It did, however, manage to distract her even further from picking the menu, despite Sojung having already somehow managed to articulate out those over-the-board fancy words from the page to the waiter.

 

"And you miss?"

 

"Huh?"  Eunbi looked back up to the man, before transferring themselves onto the woman sitting across from her, both sharing eyes of anticipation as they waited for an answer she had taken too long to decide on. "Oh- uh" The blonde quickly shoved the menu in front of her face again, wondering at this point if she should just point on a random item.

 

"She'll have the same as me"

 

The secretary quickly snaps back up towards Sojung as the CEO mutters some more pretentious french word she's never heard before whilst the waiter did nothing else but give her his most undying attention, before writing a few more things down onto his note pad.

 

"I hope you like braised beef in wine" Sojung finally brought up, right after the waiter had left. 

 

...

 

"Oh thank God, I genuinely thought you're the type to order snails or something"

 

That made the other chuckle and Eunbi wouldn't lie, watching that small laugh put a smile on her face too.

 

"I can't say I'm exa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter