Uptown to Downtown

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Sojung's entire life, she had always felt very blessed to be raised in such a well-heeled household. Although with it, came along a rather unfortunate trade-off which landed her quite the restrictive lifestyle that never really went away the way she had hoped, as she grew older. Nonetheless, not one day went by without her at least acknowledging that the fact that her circumstances were quite different from the average person and that she was quite fortunate to have experienced many things that certain people may never in their lifetime.

 

With that said though, now with her wealthy family heritage established, it is no surprise at all, that the infamous Kim Sojung. The CEO of Aphrodite Fashion. Has never. EVER. stepped foot into your local retail store. 

 

Like ever.

 

Eunbi thought that matter at hand was funnily quite ironic, considering Sojung's company owns different branches of the business that accommodate casual living types of clothing, which, again, quite ironically, usually do end up in your local retail stores.

 

So, to see the very woman that orchestrates the whole system look so uncomfortable walking into just your everyday retail department is a matter of factly, the best whip of fresh air Eunbi had inhaled in a long time. 

 

"For someone that design clothings for the hangers, you sure do look uncomfortable being around them" The blonde had simply commented. 

 

It's obvious Sojung isn't someone that liked to be called out on trivial things like these. That was especially obvious with the older's answer of just a plain simple:

 

"I'm not"

 

"Really? Then why are your shoulders so tense?"

 

Instantly dropping her shoulders, Sojung just walked in front. 

 

"Hey hey wait-" The blonde quickly caught up to the CEO "I'm not judging, just surprised that's all" She stopped her movements as soon as the other does so too.

 

"I've never... actually been to a retail department store like this before" Sojung slowly answered looking to the side as her shoulders tensed up again. "It's a new environment and I.. don't know, I feel out of place right now."

 

Listening to Sojung, Eunbi finally understood what she meant.

 

She supposes dragging an uptown woman from a fancy restaurant to a downtown retail store without any prior warning, does make that very woman appear very overdressed for a place like this.

 

"Well... that's why we're here right? To make you fit in... besides... people here are nice, we don't judge"

 

The shorter wasn't sure if it's something she said, but the next thing she knew, the older was just staring at her for a solid 5 seconds as if pondering something... before giving her a small nod. 

 

***

 

Giving Eunbi the reason, that this type of shopping was not at all within her norm, as admittedly, the so and so-called 'retail stores' that Sojung had ever shopped in, usually had a couple of more 0's on the price tag of each item. So, with that said, the CEO simply gave her secretary the permission to dress her up however the latter had felt... which... eventually turned may have turned into something that she had soon learned to slightly regret...

 

Polyester.

 

Sojung could never understand why the shorter has such an obsession with that sad excuse of material and cannot fathom why anyone would want to have plastic sticking to their bodies every day. 

 

"It's not even all polyester" Eunbi would refute, upon hearing Sojung's short yet impactful complaints about her choice of clothing. 

 

Because let's be honest. By 'not all,' the blonde had meant it's at least 10% cotton, which in Sojung's perspective, made absolutely no difference to her opinion whatsoever. 

 

However, walking out of the dressing room for the 6th time now... and seeing how Eunbi's jaw drops just that little bit wider each time she steps out... The CEO can't help but admit...

 

This dress-up thing is actually really fun. 

 

So in the end, coming to a middle ground with Eunbi and deciding to purchase the only crop-top in-store that was 80% cotton and a plain blue denim shorts, accompanied with a light gray cardigan. The two finally left the store after spending around one whole hour in there. 

 

***

 

Eunbi didn't want to react in such a way. She never even anticipated it or had thought it was possible... and not being able to turn back time to force herself to actually hold off on her reactions... walking out of that store with Sojung now, she felt absolutely embarrassed. 

 

It's not like she wanted to blush every time Sojung came out of the dressing room... or have her jaw literally drop to the ground when she saw just how good a simple white crop top would look on her... or gasp the moment she saw the older's long beautifully defined legs in denim shorts...

 

Even now, walking with her side by side, the latter could still feel her heartbeat slightly jumping out of control, unable to fully fathom just how god damn good Kim Sojung looks in casual clothing.

 

It's so simple... a white tee and denim shorts... but still when Sojung is wearing it, it's as if she's a god sent, which, by all means, was doing wonders in making Eunbi's head spin just a little bit more than usual.

 

She supposes it's to be expected though, as at the end of the day, the older could literally wear a big black baggy garbage bag and still look like the hottest being on Earth.

 

However, embarrassment aside, seeing the slight contentment, on her boss's face the moment she got changed and left the store...

 

In every way, Eunbi too felt herself feel just as content. 

 

As if she's achieved something.

 

"So" Sojung's voice managed to momentarily snap Eunbi out of her mini heated trance. "Where to now?"

 

"Now?" Eunbi had to think for a moment. 

 

Honestly, this whole night had taken place so much on a whim, that the shorter really did not have time to even think about how the night should go by.

 

She's usually not very much of a spontaneous person, but recently with Sojung, the blonde had been making too many exceptions. 

 

Eyeing around the shopping center, Eunbi's eyes got caught up with a cluttered stream of neon lights and colours that existed next to a small modern cafe.

 

"Have you ever been to an arcade?" The blonde asked with genuine curiosity, wondering if Sojung had ever in her life let loose enough to step into such places that could only be described as a teenager's sanctuary.

 

Following Eunbi's line of vision, Sojung just gave the latter a simple no, which... the shorter had expected...but still...

 

To live all her life never once stepping into an arcade? 

 

Can one really say they've lived a fulfilling teenage life without ever stepping foot into a room of such vast entertainment? 

 

Eunbi just couldn't believe it...

 

And with that, instantly in a flash, she decided she wanted to catch Sojung up to that teenage heaven. 

 

Convincing the older to step in wasn't hard. She too appeared to be at least a little intrigued with the whole establishment. 

 

However, the longer they walked, Eunbi soon discovered a small pattern in Sojung's demeanour. 

 

The CEO tends to get uncomfortable within new environments, like now how her shoulders would tense up around a bunch of kids playing on a virtual racing machine, or how she would get slightly startled by the loud colliding noises from the basket ball machine game sections. 

 

In fact, the territory is so unfamiliar to Sojung, she even asked, out of pure confusion, why every single machine would spit out an abundance of tickets after each use, which Eunha had to slowly explain to the taller, that they were used to exchange for prizes and the more tickets they have, the bigger the prize.

 

"It's a complete psychological scam" Sojung would reason as she scanned the prize section of the arcade. "Even the most expensive item here, doesn't justify the amount of money being spent on those games. Yet, because there is a chance for a bigger prize, for the thrill of it, people come back here anyway. It's no different from gambling. It's a smart conceptual algorithm for a business to pull in money quickly, but ethically, I don't exactly condone such a system. You're honestly better off purchasing these toys alone, it'll save you way more money than trying to win it"

 

"But what would be the fun in that?" Eunbi refutes "For a moment just look past the business side of things, and understand maybe people come here, not for the prizes, but because they just enjoy playing games and having fun?"

 

"I don't see how sitting on an uncomfortable miniature stool and pressing buttons whilst staring at a screen is fun"

 

"You can't say that until you've tried it. Come on." Dragging the woman to the only vacant arcade game available, Eunbi quickly grabbed out her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter