Take it away

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You wanted me in Ma'am? 

 

Eunbi entered the office on short notice. She can't lie, on her way here, a million thoughts ran through her mind in a period of 20 minutes. 

 

Everything between them last night was still quite fresh on her mind, both the ugly and the sad... and coming in today after literally being told to take the week off...  the blonde honestly doesn't know what to expect. 

 

"Eunbi.. hey" Sojung voice slightly cracked as she turned around on her chair and attempted to give the younger a smile that only turned out more tired than anything. It just made this entire experience that much more unsettling for Eunbi, but at the same time, made her feel just that little more concerned for the older.

 

When in the world did she ever greet anyone with an attempted smile? And... had she been crying..?

 

Never in her world did she thought she'll ever witness the usually composed CEO to be in such a low state.

 

"Ms Kim... are you.. alright?" Sojung didn't need to answer that, it was already too obvious at this point... but Eunbi just wanted to make sure.

 

"Of course, why would I not be?" The nonchalant tone was back, setting the blonde back her few desires to question her situation.

 

"I don't know..." Eunbi just responds honestly and decides to not pry any further "Was there anything you needed from me today? Considering you called me in all of a sudden"

 

"Right" Sniffing subtlely one last time, the woman gets up from her table and carried a stack of papers with her before placing them all down onto Eunbi's desk. 

 

"This is just half of what I need completed for today and tomorrow. I'm going to do the other half alongside with you today, but tomorrow I'll be going to a very important meeting that I am socially obligated to attend to and would need someone to finish off the work by tomorrow night when I can't..." Sojung scratched the back of her head sheepishly "I know it's not exactly fair on you, especially as I've just asked you to take the week off... You can take an extra two days off after this if you like... but I'm honestly out of options at the moment and you're the only one I trust that can handle this amount of workload.."

 

"No no..." Eunbi stepped up to her desk and analyzed the pages one by one.

 

Finance again... this isn't too bad at all 

 

"I can get this done Ms. Kim, so don't worry about a thing"

 

Unable to hide her gratitude, Sojung lets out a genuine smile this time. "Thank you, Eunbi. I'll work through it with you today, so we can lessen as much workload as possible for you tomorrow."

 

With the mood around them... surprisingly light for the first time in months. The secretary didn't waste any time before her head was down and her attention was solely focused on the work ahead. 

 

***

 

Fixing up the last couple of documents and sleeving them up for tomorrow, Eunbi begins packing up her things after she and Sojung had tackled through majority of the paperwork. 

 

Sojung had thanked her for her efforts, and had dismissed her, but the thought of the meeting the older had mentioned earlier kept eeking right on the back of her mind. 

 

It wasn't as if anything Sojung did outside of work was any of her business... but it's just the fact that as a secretary, she doesn't remember setting up any meetings for this week... and with that thought in mind, the entire situation itself just baffles her quite a bit. 

 

Her thoughts must've been written on her face, because the next thing she knew the CEO was giving her an explanation amidst getting ready to leave. 

 

"It's not a company meeting Eunbi, so don't worry you hadn't missed anything."

 

"Ah" In a weird way, the blonde was relieved. "I see, it's good to know you haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter