r | 22

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 22]

Pacing back and forth in her room, Gayeon was stuck debating whether or not she should let the male waiting outside in her room. An hour has passed since Chenle had knocked on her door and she didn’t know if it was time to just let him in. Truthfully, she just didn’t want them to bicker anymore. Somehow, they always end up butting heads and she just didn’t want that to happen again. After what happened today, she was just so furious with the way he was behaving that she just dreaded speaking to him again. However, she knew she shouldn’t keep him away forever. Hell, he was waiting patiently for her.

 

So, her door abruptly swung open and stepping out, she found Chenle seated against the wall with his head still buried in his knees. “Come on, get up and let’s talk.” The male raised his head up, staring at her with rather dull eyes. As if he was still trying to process her words, he remained staring at her blankly. “Come on, don’t just stay there, let’s go.”

 

Holding out her hand towards him, she heard him heave a sigh before pulling up his weight as he latched onto her. Finally pulling him up to stand, there was a moment of awkwardness when the stood staring at each other. Gayeon had to awkwardly clear and suggest for them to go in to talk.

 

It took them a while to even get the conversation going after sitting there awkwardly in silence. Chenle was swarmed with his dark thoughts once again, making him dread even looking her in the eye again. His hands were shaky as ever as he brought himself to speak. “I’m sorry for how I acted today. I shouldn’t have blamed you nor Lucas. I couldn’t manage my temper well and I’m sorry.”

 

“I understand you were worried, but you shouldn’t have been yelling at everyone.” Honestly, seeing how guilt ridden the male was, she no longer felt upset with him.

 

“Yeon, I’m sorry for making you witness me act that way. Especially when you had to watch me kill someone. I just got mad because you were in danger.” His voice was so hushed, he was practically whispering to her. Chenle felt a lump stuck in his throat, making him struggle to continue. Self doubt filled his mind as he sat there. “I know it was traumatic for you. I’m sorry I put you in that position. But I’ve made up my mind; I’ll protect you as much as possible, and I’ll try my best to keep my distance, okay?” His heart felt incredibly heavy as he spoke. He was finding himself failing hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter