Chapter Eight

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Flashback ~

 

Yongsun's PoV

 

I tightly closed the lid of the thermos that contains hot honey lemon tea for Wheein's hangover. I also packed her slices of bananas and eggs in a container. I grabbed two tabs of hangover medicine from my cabinet and poured lukewarm water on a glass. I went inside my room bringing the medicine and the glass, placing them on the bedside table, and sat down on the edge of my bed.

I woke up earlier than usual to prepare for work and Wheein's hangover remedies. Knowing that her exhibit is today, I don't want her running late nor miss it just  because she got drunk the day before, fully aware that I was the reason behind it.

She's sprawled on my bed with the blanket covering half of her. She slept like a kid, especially wiht how her body was tilted a little bit to the side of the bed. She must've moved a lot in her sleep. Good thing I slept on the couch despite experiencing a painful back right now.

"Wheein" I called, shaking her and brushing her hair away from her face. "You have to wake up now" I leaned down and kissed her forehead. 

I nudged her again, shaking her arms and elbows. I smiled when she slowly shifted on the bed and groaned, probably from being disturbed in her sleep.

"Wheein, you really have to wake up now"

"Five more minutes" she whined, her voice croaking from dryness while she pushed her face deeper on the pillow.

"You have to wake up now or you'll miss your exhibit" I said, still nudging her.

She immediately opened her eyes and tried to sit up but stopped when a wave of headache hit her. She groaned while holding her head and whispered curses of regret.

That worked huh...

"Come on. Let me help you sit up. You need to drink medicine for your headache" I was about to reach when her sudden movements stopped me.

She opened her eyes when she heard me. She looked around my room, looked down on her body, and then looked back at me, her eyes roaming on my body. 

"Nothing happened between us last night, if that's what you're thinking" I said before she even say anything about it.

"Huh…"

Was that disappointment that I heard? 

Raising one of my eyebrows while smirking at her, I asked, "Would you prefer that something happened?"

"What?! No!" she exclaimed, groaning from the loudness of her voice, triggering her headache.

"Okay, sit up. You need to stop groaning from the headache" I slipped a hand below her head and heard her in her breath when I got closer to her. I slowly pulled her on a sitting position, and propped a pillow for her to lean on.

I handed her the glass of water and the tabs of medicine. "Drink a little bit of water first to ease the dryness on your throat." After she emptied the glass, I grabbed the glass from her hand and stood up. "You need to shower now. I have to wake you now so that you still have time to prepare before going to your exhibit"

"I want some more sleep… " she whined, sinking her body back to bed.

"No one told you to get drunk the night before your exhibit. You did that to yourself. Now up" I said, pulling the blanket away from her.

"No… sleep…" she whined some more, grabbing the pillow beside her and hugging it.

My heart warmed at the sight of her whining for more sleep. It should probably annoy me, but I'm not. I even wished to have more moments like this with her.

I placed the glass back on the bedside table and sat down on the edge of the bed again. I slowly pulled the pillow that she's hugging and set it aside. I brushed her hair away from her face and leaned down to kiss her dimpled cheek.

"Come on, Wheein. I don't want you to miss your exhibit. I still have to go to work too" I said, caressing her cheek.

She pouted and whined, turning away from me, "You still don't want to date me though"

I chuckled as I raised my eyebrows at her. "Says who?"

She immediately turned back to face me, eyes widening from what I said. "What do you mean?"

I smiled at her and stood up. "We'll talk later, okay? Right now you need to shower. You stink of alcohol. You still have your exhibit, which is what's most important today. I've placed a towel and some clothes already in the bathroom. I'll be waiting outside. Now please, get up"

Albeit reluctant, she slowly got up and dragged herself to the bathroom, whispering "Okay, okay. Yes mam."

I smiled at her back and grabbed the glass before heading out of my bedroom.

I was in the kitchen, sitting down, while playing with my phone when she got out of my bedroom wearing my clothes, her hair still wet. I immediately stood up and grabbed my purse and keys.

"Grabbed that thermos and container. Dropped your clothes on that chair and just bring your coat, wallet and phone"

She muttered an okay and did what was told. We went out of my apartment, her dragging herself behind me, and walked directly to my car. She leaned her head on the headrest, placing all the things she's holding on her lap, when I pulled out of my apartment building.

"Open that container. You need food in your stomach after vomiting last night"

"I'm sorry" she said, as she opened the container of food.

"For what?" I asked, glancing at her briefly before focusing on the road again.

"For last night" she whispered, embarrassed about what happened last night.

"Hmm… You don't need to apologize, Wheein. Now please, eat. Also, there's honey lemon tea on that thermos. That'll help you with the hangover.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" I asked, glancing at her briefly as I raised my eyebrows.

"Have you eaten already?" 

"I'm good. I can eat at the company"

She sliced an egg, handed it to me and said, "Ahh…", placing a slice of egg in front of my mouth while cupping my chin.

"What? No! I made that for you"

"Just eat it, Yong. I don't eat a lot on breakfast and I can't finish all of this so we're sharing" she said exasperatedly.

"Fine" I muttered before eating the egg. Still chewing, I said, "But you have to eat more"

I drove to her apartment while she ate and fed me. We finished everything before reaching her place. I parked outside the bui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter