Chapter Ten

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein's PoV

 

Unlike in the previous paintings where I have to stop myself from the feelings projected when I glanced at it, I realized that I wasn't contradicting my emotions now against logic, against what my mind tells me. I just let myself be carried away by the warmth that started and the butterflies fluttering in my stomach as the memories ran so wild in front of me, like it was just yesterday.

Our first date and our first kiss under the first snow as winter came in. 

If it isn't romantic I don't know what else is.

I just let myself be. A small smile comfortably lays on my face while I closed my eyes, trying to remember all of it. 

We're both silently staring at the painting, waiting for the other to be done taking in the onslaught of emotions the painting gave to us.

When I saw Yong looking at me from my peripheral, I looked at her and nodded, asking if she was already done. I didn't realize that I had come to be comfortable around her again until then. 

When she nodded, we moved on to the next painting. A simple 2.5' x 2.5' canvas. Everything is in the shades of blue except for the silhouette of two people standing in each other's arms inside a huge snowflake. Everything around them screams winter and snow as tiny bits of detailed snowflakes surround them.

 

first snow with the Sun

On the first snow of the winter season
We shared our first kiss
The kiss that warms us under the freezing weather
The kiss that only brought warmth to each other
Waking the butterflies in our stomach to flutter
And embraces us, like we're the only ones in this world

 

"Are you referring to the one on our first date?" Yong asked me, after reading from the description plate.

"What do you mean?" I said, looking at her. 

"The kiss, are you referring to the one on our first date?" she said, as she faced me.

"Yes, why?" I asked, confused by her. 

We shared a lot of kisses but I know that was most definitely the first time we kissed. On the lips. 

A smile slowly made its way to her lips until her eyes turned small and her dimples showed up, making me dip my eyebrows, confused if there's something wrong. 

"What? Why?" I asked her again. 

Still smiling, she said in disbelief, "I didn't even realize, all this time, that I forgot to tell you about it" 

"What do you mean?" I asked again, still in disbelief. 

"Our first kiss, it wasn't on our first date"she said, chuckling at herself. 

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, more confused now.

"Remember when you got drunk the night before your exhibit? When you slept at my apartment?" 

Oh, that. Wait, did something happen between us that night?! No way. 

"I thought you said nothing happened between us!" I said, raising my voice a little while shaking my head at her. 

"And that's true, nothing happened between us. But you. You did something to me" she said, smiling and pointing at me. 

"What did I do to you?" I asked, eyes widening at her. 

"Oh, a lot. You did a lot to me" she said, smiling mischievously. 


 

~ Flashback ~

 

Yongsun's PoV 

 

"Wheein, let's get you home, okay?" I told her once I reached her side and got her attention.

Wheein just stared at me, eyes unfocused, flushed red from drunkenness. Her eyebrows met as she pouted and slurred, "You're beautiful but my Sun is the most beautiful. I'm not coming with you. I'm sorry" 

With how she murdered all of those words, it's really a miracle how I can still be able to understand her.

"Wheein please. Let me get you home. You still have your exhibit tomorrow" I told her, my voice pleading. 

"No" she said, shaking her head. "I want my Sun" 

Damn it Wheein. You looked so cute right now. If you weren't drunk, I might've kissed your cheeks already. 

"Then tell me who your Sun is so I can get this person to you" I said desperately.

"I don't think you can get her. She doesn't like me" she said, pouting as she bent her head down. 

"Then I'll convince her. Please, I really need to get you home right now"

"Wheein… Please, who is she?" I asked when her head was still bent down, not answering me. 

"Yong. Her name is Kim Yongsun" she whispered, as a heavy breath escaped through .

Oh. 

A rush of emotions came in me as she told me I was her Sun. Butterflies danced in me when she referred to me as the most beautiful person to her but guilt then suddenly replaced it when she thought I didn't like her. 

I love you, Wheein. If only I could tell you, I would. 

I was just staring at her defeated figure, wondering how could I ever deserve this amazing person in front of me. But then I brushed it away, as more important matters came into my head.

I need to get her home first. I'll deal with myself later.

"Wheein, look at me please"

When she doesn't, I slowly cupped her cheeks and gently made her face me. "Baby... let's get you home, okay?" 

"Yong?" she asked, as if seeing me for the first time in the bar.

"Yes. Now, let's get you home okay? I'm really worried about you Whee"

A smile finally broke out of her cute face as she slurred, "Okay, Yong"

I paid her bill and wrapped her coat around her as she tried to balance herself in front of me. I held her on my side and staggered on our way back to my car, hoping that I wouldn't be able to let go of her. She can still stand but her balance has malfunctioned, causing her to seem like a baby who just started to take her first steps.

When we reached the passenger side of my car, Wheein held the door open, motioning for me to get in.

"What? No, I'm driving" I said, still holding her as she held herself on the door as well. 

"But I don't want you driving me around. Let me drive" she slurred while whining at me.

Wheein, the ever so caring and kind even when she's drunk.

So I cupped her cheeks, cause it seems to work earlier, and convinced her, "I know and you won't. But I have to drive this time, okay?" 

She pouted, then sighed and nodded like a defeated child. I kissed her cheeks and said, "Thank you... Let's get you in. It's freezing out here"

Once she got in, I closed the door and went to the driver's seat mentally patting myself as this seems to be going well. After I buckled my seat belt, I glanced at her and smiled as she struggled with hers, unable to aim it to lock while pouting so hard and pouring all concentration she had left on that one task. Giggling, I continued to watch her if she can really do it herself. When a sigh escaped her lips, I reached out and helped her with it. 

"Thank you" she slurred as she smiled at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter