Chapter Eighteen

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein's PoV

 

I was sitting down on one of the couches inside her office. I was leaning my head on the backrest, looking up at the room's ceiling, still processing everything she said to me. Yong was nervously standing across from me on the other side of the room. She was pacing earlier, restlessly telling me what really happened and why she left me.

She was arranged to marry Byul. Was. Past tense. His father threatened her to ruin my career. So she left fighting a battle for us. All by herself. 

"Wheein?" she called after meeting silence from my end.

"Are you going back to America?" I asked, still looking at the ceiling.

"Yes, I have matters to deal here. I'll go home after four days"

"Will you stay there?" I asked, looking at her this time.

"Depends on you" she said, rubbing her arm with one hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up from the couch.

She was nervously bumping her foot on the floor, occasionally bending her head down to look at it. "I think it's pretty obvious that I came here to have you back, to win you back. But I think, maybe I already lost that chance?"

How?

"I don't understand"

"Miss Ahn? Is there something going on between you too? Was she the reason why you were so apprehensive when I hugged you?" she whispered.

"Come here" I said, motioning for her to sit down beside me.

"Hyejin's my secretary" I started when she she's already beside me. "We met more than a year ago. She asked to work for me for experience since companies won't hire employees with no experience yet. She's far greater than to simply just be my secretary, honestly. She's a really good friend. We're not together if that's what you meant" 

She released a huge sigh of relief when she heard that. 

"So, will you be staying in America since your main branch is there?" I asked her.

"I'm transferring the main branch here, thus the paintings and the matters I'll have to deal with for the next three days. That is, if you still want me in your life. But I'll cancel everything if you think otherwise" she said, closing her eyes and leaning back on the couch. "If you don't want to see me after everything I did to you, I'll understand. I'll honor your word. I won't show up to you anymore. I leave you if that's what you want"

"I noticed your suitcase is still here. Haven't you gotten a place yet to stay?"

"No" she said, shaking her head. "I just dropped that here, and Byul just dropped me in your gallery. We went directly to your exhibit when we arrived this afternoon" 

"Perfect" I whispered, grabbing her hand then her suitcase, and walked us out of her office.

"Wheein, where are we going?" she asked as I held her hand.

"You're staying with me in my penthouse"

 

I placed her suitcase in the trunk then drove us to my penthouse. Yong was silent the whole ride, confused as to what is going on. When we arrived at my building's parking area, I grabbed her suitcase from the trunk then held her hand with my other hand, never letting go of it.

I missed this. I missed holding her hand.

"You moved?" she asked, surveying the place when we got in.

"Yes. I was saving for this one. I wanted us to move in together but the opportunity never came. I moved out from my apartment because it reminded me so much of you" I said as I wheeled her suitcase in my bedroom, motioning for her to follow.

"Whee, why did you take me to your place? I mean, it's really good and wonderful in here but I can just sleep in a hotel. I don't want to bother you" she asked once we got inside my bedroom.

I went to stand in front of her and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Can I ask you something?"

She looked at me and nodded.

"Are you going to leave me again?"

"No. Never" she said confidently, shaking her head.

"Is there anything else I don't know about your life?" 

"Other than the specifics of my work and their details that are all such pain in the , I don't think so. No"

"Do you still love me?"

She slowly wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "Always. I have never stopped"

"Perfect" I whispered, before leaning in to kiss her on the lips.

When our lips made contact, it sparked everything in both of us. How much we missed each other and how much we still love each other despite the hurt and pain we've gone through. We kissed to make up the two years that we were apart from each other. We kissed to forget the pain and hurt we felt because of the circumstances of our life. And we kissed to rekindle the relationship that was ended but not the love that we felt.

When we pulled away, I felt something wet on my cheeks. I cupped her face with both of my hands and wiped her tears away, smiling at how everything seemed to be perfect between the two of us again.

"Why didn't you tell me everything when you first saw me earlier?" I asked.

"Because I know how much I've hurt you, how much I've caused pain to you. You were mad at me. And you were so angry that I know you won't believe everything that I'll say to you, even if it is the truth. You seemed determined to forget me and move on"

"Was that the reason why you were so adamant to finish the tour?" 

She nodded and tightened her hold around me. She lowered her forehead to mine, which caused me to release her face and wrapped my arms around her waist again.

"I got that idea when I saw your paintings. It was of us. I thought maybe if you would be reminded of how much we love each other, you would open your heart to me and listen, absolutely listen to the reason why I left. Why I need to leave"

I kissed her lips again before burying my head on her neck. "Thank you for forcing me. I wouldn't have listened to you just like you said if you didn't push me" I said, chuckling at myself.

"I love you, Jung Wheein" she whispered, snuggling in my embrace.

"I love you, Kim Yongsun" I whispered back. 

We hugged each other, breaking all the walls and barriers that separated us a while ago. We hugged until a yawn came out from me and she chuckled, pulling away from my shoulders.

"Baby, I'd love to have a lovely reunion but I'm really tired now" I said, burying my face on her chest. "I had a long day. Can we go to bed now?" 

"Okay" she whispered, kissing the top of my head.

 

We changed out of our clothes into our pajamas. We're both lying down on my bed, snuggled against each other. I buried my head on her chest and wrapped my arms around her waist while she rested her chin on top of my head, arms around my shoulders. The familiarity of being in each other's arms made up all the years we were apart from each other as if the two years never happened at all. 

I missed this. I missed her so much. 

"Thank you" she whispered.

"For what?" I asked, voice muffled from her chest.

"For taking me back" 

"Thank you for coming back" I smiled as I kissed the exposed skin on her chest. "Aren't you sleepy yet?"

"Not yet. Probably from the jet lag. But I will be, later. I got tired from all the crying I did. I should probably cancel my meeting tomorrow" 

"President's power huh?" I asked, chuckling as I pulled my face away from her chest to look at her. "I still can't believe I'm dating someone who runs an international company and owns the said company"

She kissed my dimpled cheek and said, "Well, I still can't believe I'm dating an internationally renowned artist"

"Touché, baby" I said before kissing her lips.

Another yawn came out of me a few seconds after I pulled away, exhaustion catching up on me. We snuggled again closer to each other. I felt our breaths and heart beats went in sync before slumber took over me.

 

I woke up to Yong wrapped around my arms, sleeping like an angel. I smiled at how things turned out yesterday. I woke up determined to forget her, but I slept with her in my arms. I still couldn't believe what happened but I'm not complaining. I'm loving this and I would love to have this forever.

I slowly untangled myself from her. When the bed shifted once I got out, she noticed right away. She opened her eyes and looked for me. 

"Baby, come back to bed" she whined, closing her eyes again the moment she found me.

"I wanted to but I have to tend to the gallery. We'll be transferring the paintings back to my studio today" I said, sitting on the edge of the bed before leaning down to kiss her cheeks. "I'm not like this someone I know who could just cancel their meetings, right?"

"", she groaned as she planted her face deeper into the pillow. Then, she pushed herself up into a sitting position while muttering, "ing jet lag. ing time zones"

I laughed as I just watched her struggling to get up. Once she's already sitting on the bed, I leaned in again to kiss her cheeks.

"I thought you're going to cancel your meeting" I said, rubbing my thumb on her cheek.

"I do not want to abuse the power. Come here" she said, pulling me into a hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter