Chapter Twelve

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Flashback ~

 

Yongsun's PoV

 

It's been seven months already since Wheein and I have been together. To say that we've been happy together would be an understatement. I feel elated. I feel like I'm floating above the clouds. I feel all those metaphors people would say if they are together with the person they love. It sounded stupid hearing it before but now that I actually experienced it, I could confirm that it really is that stupid.

It feels perfect. But it isn't perfect. There will always be moments of misunderstandings and sometimes small arguments, mostly because of my impatience, but that doesn't mean we don't fix them. Or more like Wheein patiently explains for me to understand the situation. Like this one time when Wheein started getting busier because her career had started to rise, people started getting to know her, and I was sulking in her studio impatiently waiting for her to give me attention. Whining how she's not giving me time anymore.

I'm not like this. It's childish, I know. But she makes me crave so much of her attention.

She sat me on her lap, one time, while her arms were around my waist before she asked, "Baby, how do you feel about my work getting more attention from more people?" 

I s my arms around her neck and said, "Of course, I'd be proud of you! I'm happy for you too!", smiling down at her.

She smiled back and kissed the corners of my lips where my dimples are. "How about when there'd be no one who'll notice my work?" 

"Whee, that's stupid, you know? You're great and amazing. People would be blind not to see it" I said as I played with the strands of her hair.

She smiled so wide when she heard my compliments. She leaned in to give me a peck on the lips and whispered, "Thank you, Yong"

"No problem" I whispered before she gave me another peck.

"Ah, but baby…" she added, while rubbing a hand on my back. "If there'd be more people to see my work, it would be natural for me to get busier since I'll be entertaining more clients or I'll be having more exhibits every now and then. I might be invited to one also, but that's just wishful thinking as of the moment. I'll politely decline them if it doesn't make you happy anymore to make more time with you. But even if I'll get busier, you know that I'll always make time for you, right?"

Realizing what she meant, I kissed her cheeks and rested my chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry… It's not that I'm trying to take you away from your work or stop you from rising. I just really don't like to wait. And please don't decline clients, okay? I know you'll always make time for me" I pulled away and looked at her intently while smiling at her. "I'll just try to be really patient. Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, baby", she said before pulling me down to kiss me on the forehead. "I love you"

"I love you too" I reciprocated before snuggling into her embrace.

It , but we both understand how important both our work is for us. She never complained if I have to extend more hours in the company or if I can't come down for lunch. I still do get impatient, but I never complained or whined anymore. I've been trying hard for my impatience not to take over me, and she never failed to make time for me. She never had.

But this time is different. I've been waiting for two hours now at this park where she told me we'll meet. In the first thirty minutes that she wasn't here yet, I texted her asking if she's already on her way. I got no response. After the first hour had passed, I texted her again, still no response. I'm already mad but I still waited knowing that sometimes she could get too caught up working, that she won't notice the time. But when it was almost two hours, I started getting worried.

Maybe something happened to her? Or she got into an accident? Or she got hurt?

Once I hit two hours of waiting, I tried calling her but the line won't connect. I started getting really nervous as I repeatedly called her, hoping that she'll respond. But it won't ever connect. After the tenth unconnected call, I stood up and went to my car to drive to her studio. 

Wheein, you better be in your studio. I'm mad but I'm really worried. 

Once I arrived at her studio, I quickly parked my car and got out as fast as I could.

Closed. All the lights are off. Where are you?

I scanned my eyes in her studio through the glass window and noticed that there's no light below the door across the entrance. There's no sign that anyone is still there. I backed out of her studio, feeling sweaty and nervous thinking that something might've happened to her. I ran back to my car, grabbed my phone and called her again.

Still can't connect.

I decided to drive to her apartment, while still attempting to call her. Every time the line won't connect, I've become more and more worried and nervous thinking that she might be hurt or if something happened or she ran into an emergency. I listed all possibilities in my head but it got worse as I added more items to it, making me lose my focus from driving.

Jung Wheein, you better be safe right now. Where the hell are you? 

When I reached her place, I hastily parked my car, not caring at all if it was done properly or not. I ran into the elevator and pressed the button to her floor. I crossed my arms, tapped my foot on the floor, and bit the inside of my cheeks as I tried to cope with nervousness and my fast beating heart. I ran the moment the doors opened and rang her doorbell. While waiting for any sign of life behind the door, I rested my hands on her door frame, leaning into it, ran my bottom lip in between my teeth with my heart still beating fast, and eyed the door wishing that Wheein would open it from the inside.

When nothing happened, I pressed the doorbell repeatedly, my patience running out and my nervousness escalating. I knocked on the door and called her name a lot of times as if a different action would yield to a different result. 

Nothing. 

"" I whispered under my breath and called her once again. 

Nothing. 

I texted and called her multiple times more while I went back to my car, cursing for every unanswered text and unconnected call. 

Maybe she went to my house?

When I got in the car, I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants while I tried to even out my breathing. I'm already nervous and worried right now, my heavy breathing would most definitely not help me focus with driving.

I don't need to be distracted with my emotions right now. That won't help me find my girlfriend.

I drove back to my apartment as fast as the law would allow me, praying that Wheein was there. I parked haphazardly and immediately went to the elevator, bringing my purse, keys and phone. Checking my phone if I got any replies from Wheein but ended up cursing when I saw nothing.

Jung Wheein, you better be in one piece right now. Where the are you?!

When I opened my door, I scanned the living room. 

Nothing. 

Connected kitchen and dining room. 

Nothing. 

Bed and bathroom.

Nothing!

I went to the kitchen, grabbed myself a glass of water and called her again. Almost four hours had already passed after the time Wheein told me to meet. I couldn't think of anything else to do anymore. My mind is filled with horrible possibilities, my heart is beating so fast and my stomach is loudly complaining. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to think straight with an empty stomach, I decided to order food. After I placed the order, I went back to calling Wheein as I leaned on the sink. 

Still unconnected. 

A few minutes of calling and texting her, my doorbell rang. I immediately ran to it, almost tripping on my step, thinking that it was Wheein.

It wasn't. 

! What was I even thinking earlier? I don't think I would have the appetite to eat with the current situation.

I placed all the food half-heartedly on my dining table and in a huge breath to calm myself down while I leaned on the dining table.

Wheein, where are you? Please. Please answer me. Wheein!! 

The ringing door pulled me back out of my thoughts and I walked timidly towards it, thinking that it was from the food delivery earlier who forgot or left something. I'm becoming hopeless as hours pass by.

I saw none other than Wheein on the other side of the door, whom I've been looking for these past few hours. Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter