Unofficial Chapter

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's an unreleased/unofficial chapter that was supposed to be Ch 21 but it doesn't feel right anymore. It felt forced. I really hope you enjoy. THANKS AGAIN!

 

 

Wheein's PoV

 

A week after Yong and I got engaged, the Kims flew my family first, followed by Hyejin here in America for the engagement party they’re going to throw for us. My Dad was obviously nervous about meeting his boss’ family but Mr. and Mrs. Kim made an effort to make my family comfortable, which I was really thankful for.

I think Yohan made it easier for everyone. My baby bro, I love you so much!

The Kims were fascinated by my baby brother. He’s cute, responsive and charming, and he made it easier for my family and Yong’s to connect and get closer with each other. The Kims were intimidating because of their wealth but they live humbly. The mansion is a little bit extravagant for a humble life but Yong told me that the spacious house made it easier for them when they have guests and business gatherings and parties.

Mr. Kim originally planned on inviting a lot of people, especially their acquaintances from business and a couple of media, but Yong strongly argued to have the celebration more private; direct family and close friends only. I couldn’t say no to Mr. Kim but I was really thankful that Yong interjected. Meeting new people and being surrounded by people that I don’t know would definitely make me feel uncomfortable and nervous.

My friends from the art industry were busy with their schedules, scattered all over the world, and since the invitation was given only a day before the party, they couldn’t make it. Yong was saddened but I told her we can invite them to the wedding. The people gathered at the party were both of our families, Hyejin, Byul, and all the people Yong introduced to me on the first day we landed here.

I was wearing a grey suit, white long-sleeve button down oxford shirt and white rubber shoes on the night of our engagement party. Yong, standing beside me, was wearing a black spaghetti strap long dress and silver platform block heels. We were by their entry hall greeting all our guests. Yong was showing off the ring to her colleagues when they arrived, complimenting how beautiful the ring is.

Dinner was served in their dining hall that was reserved only for occasions. We were all seated in their long rectangular dining table table. Yong and I were sitting beside each other, Yohan on my lap, right in the middle. On Yong’s side were her parents while my family was sitting beside me. Across us are our other guests, Hyejin was directly across me and Byul directly across Yong.

Before we started eating, Yong stood up, as per requested by her Dad, to give a speech in front of everyone.

“Good evening, everyone” she started, smiling at all the guests on the table. “I am very grateful for your presence here tonight. Though it was in a short notice, everyone was able to come here and celebrate with us and our family. I was hoping to meet Wheein’s friends but they couldn’t make it. Thank goodness for Hyejin on that” she chuckled, smiling so wide at Hyejin while Hyejin winked at me and smiled at Yong back.

“Do you really just drag people out of their beds just to come to your place?” Hyejin asked in a light tone, making everyone on the table laugh.

“Don’t worry she did that to me too” I said, nodding my head at her.

“She’s my new EA by the way, and I didn’t drag your family out of their beds. Give me some credit here, Whee” she said, pouting at me.

"Of course. You wanted to be on their good side, especially Yohan’s" I said, ruffling the hair of my brother as I smiled at him. "Right, Yohan?" I asked him and he smiled at me, nodding his head.

"Anyways" she continued. "Thank you for coming here tonight. I also want to thank Wheein's family for welcoming me into your family. I know what I did to your daughter two years ago was probably unforgivable but—" 

"Let's not dwell on the past, sweetie" my Mom said, cutting her off. "You make our daughter happy and I think that's the most important thing"

Mom smiled at her while I smiled so wide at my Mom, happy that she accepted Yong for me.

Yong smiled, holding back her tears, and nodded at my Mom. "Thank you, Mam" she whispered. 

"To my parents for accepting Wheein. I was always looking forward to the day I will be able to introduce her to you both. I am so happy that you welcomed her with open arms" she said, smiling at her parents. "And to my colleagues. Despite giving you headaches on the main branch matter, you've been nothing but supportive to me. Thank you" 

She turned to me, smiling and looking directly into my eyes as I smiled back at her. "Jung Wheein, I have eyes everywhere. I hope you remember that" 

"Yongsun. Dear, stop threatening her" Mrs. Kim said, cutting her.

"Thank you Mrs. Kim" I whispered as I looked at her over Yong, smiling at her.

She rolled her eyes before she smiled at me. "The ring is beautiful, baby" she continued. "We’ve talked a lot and I hope you know how much I love you. I have always and I will always love you. I hope you keep that in mind. I am looking forward to the day that I could finally call you my wife and spend the rest of my life with you" she finished as she bent down to kiss me in the lips.

"I love you" I whispered before she bent down for another kiss.

Everyone clapped and cheered after her speech before dinner officially started. Everyone was chatting and laughing around us while they were eating. The gathering was small and simple but it was still a heartwarming and lovely evening for everyone. 

"Wheein" Byul called while still chewing her food. "You made a painting of Yong, right? Why can’t you make me one?" she asked, which perked both of our parents’ ears.

"You made her a painting? I thought you don't do portraits?" Mom asked.

“I didn’t. I only made it for her, Mom” I said, smiling sheepishly at her.

"Oh, can we see it?" Yong's Mom asked on the other side of the table. 

"No one is allowed to see it except me, Mom" Yong responded to her Mom. 

"I hate to break it to you, but I've seen it already" Hyejin said, never stopping from eating. "It was really good, just so you know"

"How did you do it, Wheein?" That one's from my Dad. 

"I just painted her" I responded.

"While she was in front of you?" This one's from Taeyeon. 

"Oh no. I painted her from my mind. I was able to remember her" I said, blush started to crawl to my face.

"Was it because you got so used to seeing each other ?" That's from Yong's Dad. 

"No, Sir" I said, shaking my head as my head started to heat up. "I had her face memorized. The rest from down below was something I figured out" 

"So you haven't seen her ?" That's my Dad, definitely teasing me.

I lifted Yohan and turned him so he’ll be facing me while I hugged him and buried my face on his tummy. "I have" I whispered. "Why are you all ganging up on me?" I said, sighing so big, tickling him and making him laugh.

Everyone around me laughed after that. Yohan lifted my head to hug me, caressing my hair, and I hugged him back. 

Best baby bro ever. 

Yong, chuckling beside me, whispered while she rubbed my back, "Are you embarrassed that you've seen me ?"

"We're in front of our parents, of course I am" I said, pouting at her.

"They obviously don't mind. They're just teasing you" she said, still chuckling at me.

"Still…" I whined beside her.

"I've also seen you , sweetie. Don't worry" Mom said beside me, which was heard by everyone.

"Mom!" I shouted, burying my face to Yohan's tummy again. Everyone laughed as they continued to eat while I continued to shield my face on my brother.

 

We went to their tea room to continue chatting while both of our families stayed at the dining hall. Yong was discussing something with Hyejin, and they remained in the entry hall, probably talking about company matters. I grabbed the opportunity to talk to Byul. I was holding a bottle of beer and a can of soda when I approached her.

"Byul, can I talk to you?" I asked when I was beside her. 

When she nodded, I motioned for her to follow me. We went outside to the balcony away from the other guests. I closed the door and offered her the bottle of beer. We both leaned on the balcony railings, staring at the city lights.

"No alcohol for you tonight?" she asked after she opened the bottle and took a sip from it.

"No" I said, shaking my head and drinking my soda. "Yong doesn’t like alcohol. She hates the taste of it"

"Oh, yeah" she said, laughing while she nodded her head. "So, what do you want to talk about?" 

"You" I said, offering her a small smile. 

"Me? What about me?" she asked, raising her brows, surprised at me.

Chuckling, I said, "I want to thank you for taking care of Yong when we were apart. She really valued her friendship with you so much" 

She smirked at that, having a faraway long on her face. "You don't have to thank me, Wheein" 

"I would also like to apologize to you" 

Surprised, she faced me, brows raising, and asked, "What do you have to apologize for?" 

I smiled at her before staring straight again. "Somewhere in that two years that you've been with her, you have fallen in love with her. It must've been difficult for you"

I faced her and saw her opening and closing , wanting to deny it but couldn't lie as well. 

I smiled at her and nodded my head. "I've seen the way you look at her. I'm very familiar with that look in your eyes when you watch her. You can deny it but your eyes would never lie, Byul" 

"You don't have to apologize for that, Whee. You're not responsible for my feelings" she said as she swigged the beer bottle.

“I know but it doesn’t feel right to me if I wouldn’t. This is also my way of saying that I’m okay with knowing that you love her, Byul. I even appreciate it”

“Shouldn’t you be mad at me or something?”

“Why should I? You have two years to make your move on her. You have two years to make her fall in love with you…” I said, looking at her now.

She chuckled, looked and pointed at me. “I’m fully aware of how much she loves you. Knowing that, how could I?”

I smiled at her and shook my head. “You were aware and you respected it. You could’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter