Chapter Five

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Flashback ~

 

Yongsun's PoV

 

"Yong, I'm getting us coffee. Is there anything you want?" Wheein said over the phone as I started my car. It's the weekend of our trip to Busan and we decided to leave early in the morning. 

Putting the phone on speaker, I asked as I was pulling out of my apartment building, "What? Have you bought already?"

"Not yet. Why?"

"It’s just that I don't drink coffee"

"Why? Come to think of it, I haven't seen you drink one" she exclaimed, disbelief evident in her voice. 

"Too bitter. Can't handle it. I'll just have a mango juice or orange, if they have one"

She laughed, her voice like music to my ears. "You're such a baby. Anything else?"

"Do they have strawberry cupcakes?" I asked, smiling as I briefly glanced at my phone.

"Yeah. You like them?"

"I love them. They're my favorite"

"Okay. I'll see you in a while Yong. Drive carefully"

"I'll see you too, Wheein"

 

When I arrived at her studio, I was confused. I'm wearing a white sundress, sunglasses hanging at the front, with brown sandals. But Wheein is wearing a grey plaid suit, white button down long-sleeved shirt under her blazer, and white rubber shoes. Her light brown hair was tied in a ponytail. Definitely not your typical beach outfit. She looks unbelievably gorgeous nonetheless. 

Wheein, on the other hand, was shocked. is hanging open while carrying the bag of treats she bought earlier.

"I thought we're going to the beach? Why are you wearing a suit?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at her.

"You drive a freaking Range Rover?! A ing Range Rover Yong, do you know that?" she exclaimed, eyes going wide as she looked at my car behind me.

We both said at the same time.

Laughing, she handed me my cupcakes and juice, and two bottles of water. "We are. I just have to meet the client the moment we arrive there, thus the suit. You look beautiful, by the way," she said, now carrying the canvas bag on one shoulder and her duffel bag on one hand.

Blushing, I said, "Thank you. You too. You need a hand?"

"Nope, I'm good" she said casually while carrying all those bags.

She went directly to the back of the car to carefully lay down the canvas bag while I transferred my own bag of clothes from the passenger seat to the backseat. After placing her paintings, I stepped aside so that she could place her bag as well.

I was about to open the passenger door for her when she beat me to it and motioned for me to get in. 

"What?" I asked, brows meeting in the middle.

"I'll be driving us. I asked you to tag along, not to be my personal driver. Now, hand me the keys, Yong" she said, wiggling the fingers of her raised hand in front of us.

"What? No, Wheein. I'll drive" I declined.

"I'm not letting you drive for hours to Busan, Yong. Just please hand me the keys"

I stared at her, refusing to let her drive us. She stared back defiantly. 

Oh, there's no way I'm backing down, Whee.

I wasn't supposed to back down but an unexpected yawn escaped out of me, making me lose the battle. I'm not used to waking up early on weekends after all. She smirked when she witnessed me yawn.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes as I handed her my keys and went inside. "But I'm driving us back"

She jogged right away to the driver's seat after closing my door. "We'll see," she said after she climbed in and closed the door. And then off we went to Busan.

I was eating my strawberry cupcake when I saw her smiling at me, glancing from the road ahead to me, then back at the road again.

"What?" I asked, my mouth still full of cupcakes.

"Nothing" she said, laughing softly.

"Obviously, there is something" I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"It’s just that you looked like a kid on Christmas. Is it really that good?" 

"Of course! Here, have some." I slowly placed the cupcake in front of to feed her some, while my other hand cupped her chin to catch crumbs that might fall off. 

She took a bite, chewing carefully, as I wiped with a napkin to get rid of the crumbs on the corners of her lips.

"So?" I asked expectantly.

"You're right! They're really good!" 

"Told you. Want more?" I offered.

"I'm good. You enjoy the rest of them. I don't want to steal away your cupcakes"

I'm smiling big now, delighted to have proven my point, and happily eating the rest of my cupcakes.

When we stopped at a traffic light, Wheein drank her water while glancing at me. I was finishing my mango juice when Wheein held my jaw, angling my face to her.

My eyes went wide from her sudden action. I was about to pull back when I felt a napkin carefully being wiped on my lips, her eyes focused on her action. 

"You eat like a baby, Yong" she said as she chuckled, eyes shining and still focusing on the task.

I can definitely feel your eyes on my lips. This is making me stupidly nervous.

I held my breath, heart beating fast, as my eyes focused on hers. Our faces are so close to each other now. The rest of my body felt the tingles coming from her fingers on my jaw.

Now, she's looking at my eyes. Oh my god. , where's this tension coming from?

Wheein broke the contact first while she's blushing. Then went back to driving as the lights turned green. I looked out of the window, setting aside my empty cup of mango juice, blushing so hard as well.

The silence that covered us was broken by another loud yawn from me.

"You can sleep, Yong. I'll wake you up when we reached Busan"

"Are you sure? I can keep you company" I said over another yawn.

She laughed at my failed attempt. "Clearly you can't. Lean your seat back and sleep" 

Hours of driving is not a joke. Hours of driving early in the morning is an offensive joke. I still wanted to protest but she started humming. 

Wow. What can you not do, Wheein? I am strongly denying all claims from my heart that said I'm slowly falling in love with this woman.

Her humming is so good, I can immediately tell that her singing voice would be wonderful as well. It lulled me to sleep and that was the last thing I remembered as I succumbed myself to slumber.

 

I woke up to Wheein slightly shaking my shoulders and brushing my hair away from my face.

"Yong, wake up. We're here," she said as her thumb caresses my cheek.

I groggily opened my eyes to a smiling Wheein before I slowly sat up.

That is a wonderful sight to wake up to.

"Here," she said, handing me my water bottle. "You should drink first. Also, stretch your body to wake up your sleeping muscles"

I drank the water first, then stretched my body as instructed while looking around us. We're parked in front of the hotel but I could see part of the beach behind it. Seeing the beach excites me a lot so I immediately told Wheein we should quickly go out.

"Wait, we should settle in the hotel first. I've already booked our rooms. We can place our bags in there, then you can see the beach after"

"What about you? Aren't you coming with me to the beach?" I asked, noticing her choice of words.

"I have to meet the client first to deliver the painting. You can go ahead without me. I know how excited you are"

"No, I'll wait for you. Let's go. The faster you deliver the paintings, the sooner we can go to the beach"

And so we went inside carrying our bags to check in. However, there was a mistake with the booking.

"No. I remembered clearly that I booked two rooms, not for a room with two beds" Wheein argued.

"I'm sorry Miss Jung, but there was a mistake with your booking" the receptionist countered.

Frustrated, Wheein sighed heavily. "Can we book an additional room then?"

"I'm sorry. All the rooms are already booked. We can't offer you another"

Wheein closed her eyes, clearly frustrated from the situation.

Distressed Wheein is making me uneasy.

Leaning closer, I rubbed a comforting hand on her back. "That's okay" I said to her. Then I directed my attention to the receptionist before I said, "We'll just get the room"

"Yes mam. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience. Someone can assist you to your room and here is your key card, mam. Have a wonderful stay and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience"

We walked towards the elevator, declining the help in carrying our bags, to settle in our room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a misunderstanding when I booked the rooms" Wheein said regrettably, sighing heavily once again.

"Hey, it's okay, Wheein. We'll manage. Please stop frowning. Let's just have fun, okay?" I said, smiling at her with the hopes of wiping that frown off her face.

"Okay" she said, sighing and offering me her dimpled smile.

Finally! There's the dimple that I was looking for!

Once inside our hotel room, we placed our bags beside our beds. I was near the window and Wheein on the other bed.

The room is simple and cozy; cream-colored walls with wooden flooring, a well-functioning AC unit, two queen-size beds, a huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall across from the beds, a hallway leading to the shower and bathroom, and a closet with complimentary bathrobes, towels and pajamas from the hotel. 

Very spacious. Pretty decent. I approved.

What I love the most in our room is the balcony, which is really spacious and is overlooking directly to the beach. There's also a round glass table with two chairs located on the balcony. We could hear the ocean waves coming into our room if we opened the glass door leading to the balcony.

I walked back to my bed and dropped my body on my bed.

So soft. I could sleep again here.

"Yong?"

With my eyes closed, I responded, "Yeah?"

"I'll have to go and meet the client now. Will you be okay here?" I heard Wheein say.

"Yeah" I slurred, sleep overcoming me again.

"Okay. Be back soon. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

I didn't bother talking anymore. I just raised a thumbs up, then dropped my hand like a log on the bed. The last thing I hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter