[PREDESTINATION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-PARIS-

 

"Cheers~" Seunghyun raised his champagne glass.

 

"À la vôtre~ (cheers~)" Yoona smiled, clicking her glass with his.

 

"I see someone is learning pretty fast?" Seunghyun arched his brows in admiration.

 

"Come on, it's only this few phrases. With the amount of wine that we'd been drinking since we arrived, I would think I need to at least know how to sound like a French when I'm making a toast. Besides, the fact that we're finally drinking champagne and not wine made me feel like rejoicing in French. If only I know how to."

 

"Réjouir~" Seunghyun shook his head. "Yah, you should be honoured. You're having wine with the renowned sommelier! But here you're, complaining and rejoicing over a cheap bottle of champagne." 

 

"Cheap thrills," Yoona laughed and took a sip of her champagne. "Seeing how you finally eased up now, I would say that the event problems have been solved? You look like some edgy old man for the past two days."

 

"To be fair, you looked like some distressed woman when you first arrived," Seunghyun chuckled.

 

"Hey, I just came to a foreign place with zero clue about the language too! Of course I'd look distressed," Yoona flashed her infamous pouty lips. 

 

"There's me. You call me the half local right?" Seunghyun teased. "I don't remember leaving you in the lurch so far during your stay here."

 

"Yes yes. Dutiful tour guide~" Yoona cooed. "Oppa, thanks so much. You even found english speaking baking class for me and ensured that I'm well taken care of before you get busy with your work. I feel like a burden here."

 

"Well, you're pretty light, I can carry this burden," Seunghyun joked, before softening into a warm smile. "Besides, I wouldn't count you as a burden. More than anything, I feel like you're accompanying me instead of the other way round." 

 

Yoona replied with a sweet smile. She knew he was trying to be nice and a gentleman but it's still nice to know that there's this guy who cared so much for her. Throughout this one week, he had been keeping a lookout for her. Even when he's at work, he would drop her texts, fearing that she'd be bored or be afraid to the unfamiliar environment. She loved this getaway and more than that, she loved his accompany. 

 

At least she could forget about him for the time being.

 

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

 

-SEOUL-

 

"Hyung? Noona?" 

 

Jiyong was surprised when the doorbell rang and Heeyeon brought the two guests in to meet him. 

 

"Such a big thing happened and you didn't inform us?" Donghae was frowning. 

 

"I..." 

 

Jiyong didn't know how to tell them. How was he going to tell Donghae that he bedded his sister, under her reluctance even? He would definitely kill him. Did he already knew about it, that's why he's here to slaughter him? 

 

"Yeahs Ji. You could have at least told us!" 

 

"Noona, I-" Guess this was it. Dara was going to severe ties with him, Donghae was going to kill him.

 

He deserved it. He deserved to die. 

 

"How are you doing? Where's Kiko?" 

 

"H-Huh?" Jiyong was puzzled. 

 

"Oh, quit acting already," Dara snorted. "Yoona told us already."

 

"Sorry..."

 

"For? Kiko is to be blamed. She's really such a handful, gosh," Dara sighed. "Don't worry Ji. We don't blame you."

 

"A-Aren't you guys... angry?"

 

"Yoona told us that she couldn't stand Kiko's craziness and decided to take a break from everything," Donghae added. "She went for a vacation."

 

Jiyong was flabbergasted.

 

She... didn't sold him out? 

 

"That's what Yoona... told you guys?" 

 

"Uh huh. There's more to it?" Donghae asked. "She didn't explain much, she just called to apologise that she couldn't live up with the expectation and hung up shortly after. We thought you might be facing problem again now that there's no nurse, so we thought to drop by to take a look at you."

 

Despite her being infuriated and disappointed in him, she did not say anything to Donghae and Dara. Truthfully, if she wanted to, she could get them, could even get Daesung or Siwon to avenge for her. Even though she alone had no power even when she went to the authorities, with the help of her chaebol friends, she could easily apprehend him. Yet, she didn't. 

 

Damn. This woman. She's out to make him ache, make him guilty, make him yearn for her even more...

 

"N-Nothing," Jiyong gave a smile and decided to continue with the lie. "M-More than anything, I should be the one apologising..." 

 

"You two are funny. The culprit is Kiko, why do you two kept apologizing and thinking that it's your fault?" Donghae chuckled. "So where's the culprit? The house is abnormally quiet. She's out?"

 

"Yeahs. She's back to her place," Jiyong explained. "I'm done with finding nurses for her. I've sent her back home. Her Mum and Grandfather can take care of that. Besides, I'm going to Paris for business trip."

 

"Well, you'd tried all your means," Donghae patted his shoulder. "You don't have to feel guilty about it."

 

"I know, I'm not," Jiyong muttered to himself. "I'm feeling more guilty towards you guys..."

 

"What?"

 

"N-Nothing!" Jiyong smiled. "I mean I'm not feeling guilty towards her at all. Hey, I'm heading to the airport in a few, I'll catch up with you guys when I'm back."

 

"Sure." 

 

Jiyong walked them to the door and he decided to ask the question that had been burning in his heart.

 

"So Yoona... Do you guys know where she went?" He tried to sound casual and added quickly. "I mean, I thought I should pay her a visit to apologise to her." 

 

"Now that you mention, I think she's going to Paris too!" Dara exclaimed. "She mentioned something about Eiffel Tower and also London Bridge, so I think she's either going Paris or London. The call is way too short."

 

What a coincidence.

 

"O-Oh! Maybe I might bumped into her there," Jiyong was trying hard to not have that silly smile on his face. 

 

If he was to really meet her in Paris, it would be a miracle; God is giving him a second chance.  

 

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

 

-PARIS-

 

"Bonjour monsieur! (Hello sir!)"

 

"Bonjour~ Une baguettes classiques, s'il vous plaît. (Hello~ One regular baguettes, please.)" 

 

"Ça sera tout? (Will that be everything?)"

 

"Oui, merci. (Yes, thank you.)"

 

"Merci monsieur! (Thank you, sir!)" 

 

Two days in Paris and no sight of Yoona at all. It wasn't that Jiyong specifically looked for her (okay, he did ask Soonho to keep a look out), but he was hoping that he could at least catch a glimpse of her. Soonho didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter