[INTRODUCTION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Im Yoona immida."

 

It was the first meet-up. Jiyong did not welcome Yoona at the door, not wanting to look too eager. The helper ushered Yoona to the study room and the pair met each other. 

 

Goddess.

 

This was Jiyong's first thought when their eyes met. Jiyong did a quick scan from her head to toe, finding no flaws to her beauty. Her hair was the brown of aged mahogany, rich and deep, yet with the subtle hues only time brings. Perhaps, due to this being the first time they meet, she opted for a formal look - blue business blouse that accentuated her figure, paired with a dull-looking pencil skirt. If he was the CEO of Samsung Medical Center, he swore he would promote her to be the CNO too, working alongside with her (and probably try to get her in bed too). He hasn't seen her brains and brawn, but with just this simple look, he could already certified her beauty, grading an exemplary grade even.

 

"Welcome, Yoona-sshi," he willed himself back to reality, trying not to stare for too long. "Have a seat."

 

While Jiyong was sizing her up, Yoona was doing likewise. She thought he looked a little overdressed for a home setting but figured out he probably took time out from his busy work schedule to meet her. She had to admit, he looked rather charming. His black blazer was slung over the chair, his tie set aside on the table. He had ed the top two button of his button-down shirt and rolled up his sleeves, giving off a more casual vibe amidst the formal look. His hair was sleek black and neatly combed to the back. With such a charisma, it was no wonder he could be the youngest General Manager Korea has ever had. 

 

Jiyong flipped through her resume, nodding his head. "I must say, a pretty impressive CV you've got right here."

 

This, Jiyong wasn't lying. He was rather impressed that a woman could achieve this much in her early thirties, without any strong backings.

 

"Thank you," Yoona blinked and looked around, trying to conceal the fact that she had stared at him for a tad bit too long. "The patient... isn't around?"

 

"I did hear from Donghae hyung that you'd want to meet my wife first before making your decision?"

 

"Yes," she nodded. "That will be my criteria. I won't take it up if I don't think I'm suitable for it."

 

Jiyong nodded in response. True enough, Donghae and Dara were right. She looked very serious and took no jokes when it came to her job.

 

"Follow me," he got up and walked towards the master bedroom, with her tailing behind.

 

They stood outside the bedroom, watching a woman in her early thirties lying on the bed, eyes closed while the the helper massaged her limbs.

 

"SPS. Start experiencing symptoms since last year and it deteriorated really quickly," Jiyong spoke up, delibrately setting a little test for her.

 

"Stiff person syndrome," Yoona breathed out, taking out her notebook and started writing. "Symptoms such as muscle stiffness and extreme pain in the trunk and limbs?"

 

Jiyong was amazed by how smooth she sounded but decided not to jump into conclusion too fast, thinking that perhaps, Donghae would have filled her in on his wife's condition. He wanted to be extra careful for he was getting sick and tired of finding a personal nurse once every two other weeks. He was hoping that this woman here would be the best shot, hence he did not want to leave any stones unturned.

 

"Yes," he answered. "Spasms too."

 

"Have she fractured her bones due to the spasms? If so, how many times so far and what's the magnitude each time?"

 

She continued to press on, leaving him lost for words. Truth was, he didn't stay by his wife's side frequent enough to know every little detail. As though sensing that he was struggling with the questions, she scribbled onto her notebook while talking, "Jiyong-sshi, I guess you don't spend much time with her?"

 

For some reason, when she looked up and stared at him, Jiyong was embarrassed. He felt like he was a child that was caught red-handed for a mischief act.

 

"There's too much work to handle," he scratched his nape, sounding a little guilty. "That's the reason why I want to hire a certified nurse to better take care of her."

 

"YAH! YOU! You're causing me pain!"

 

A shout and the sound of a slap interrupted their conversation. They looked up to see the helper caressing her own cheek and bowing, apologising profusely.

 

"Kiko," Jiyong feigned coughs, in a feeble attempt to dissipate this awkward atmosphere.

 

Audrie Kiko Daniel; the daughter of Yae Mizuhara, the CEO of Mizuhara Financial Group, one of the largest conglomerate in Japan. Her parents divorced when she was young and her custody had went to her mother, who changed her legal name to Kiko Mizuhara. It seemed like Yuto Mizuhara, Kiko's grandfather, founder of Mizuhara Financial Group, covered up a lot on his daughter's failed marriage as not much was known about Kiko's father except for the fact that he was from Texas. Being the only descendant in the Mizuhara family, she was spoilt and a spendthrift. She had a bubbly personality but things took a turn for the worse when she was found to have contracted SPS, a rare neurological disorder. She was wheelchair-bound ever since, resulting in her attitude becoming from bad to worse.

 

"Oppa!" Kiko lighted up when she saw Jiyong and narrowed her eyes when she saw Yoona beside her husband. "You're..."

 

"Im Yoona," Jiyong introduced, walking into the room. "She'll be the new nurse that will be here to take care of you." 

 

Jiyong decided there and then to employ her. He figured out that he probably did not have much better choice out there and since Donghae and Dara had all vouched for her capability and character, he thought he should trust them. Seungri even c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter