[REVELATION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoon-"

 

"Did I mention that you can talk or get up?"

 

From the moment Yoona got into the car with Soonho, nothing made sense. She still couldn't quite grasp why Kwon Yonghwan would look for her and the moment she arrived at Kwon mansion, she saw Jiyong kneeling in the living room. He seemed to be really happy to see her but before he could even utter her name, there was a stern voice that stopped him and he retreated back to his position again. 

 

She had to admit, it was quite hilarious to see the almighty Kwon Jiyong being all so powerless and meek. 

 

"Yoona-sshi."

 

"A-Annyeonghasaeyo..." Yoona straightened her back and the moment she saw Kwon Yonghwan and Han Giran, she gave a humble bow, greeting them.

 

Yoona followed the elders up the stairs to the study room and with the last glance at Jiyong who was still kneeling in the living room, looking at her with pitiful eyes, the door was closed. 

 

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

 

"Have a seat, Yoona-sshi."

 

The demeanour that Kwon Yonghwan just showed to his son clearly did not fall on Yoona. The moment the door was closed, he became an all-smile, benevolent old man, talking to her warmly. In fact, it was kind of creeping her a little out on how overly friendly the both elders appeared to be. 

 

"First of all, you must be wondering why would we ask you here." 

 

Yoona was trying her very best to not freak out as she nodded slowly, "I believe it has something to do with the tabloids that happened recently...?"

 

"You're a very smart young lady, Yoona-sshi."

 

There was a piece of silence and Yoona was getting so nervous that she hoped she could just melt away into the ground. This was it, they're going to make snide remarks on her and demanded her to go to the media to put in good words for their son. It's normal wasn't it? All richmen are like that, even the benevolent, kind-hearted Kwon couple. 

 

"We're very sorry, Yoona-sshi."

 

Then, it was puzzlement. Yoona probably couldn't hide the surprise look on her face and before she could masked it, a peal of laughters erupted from the elderlies. 

 

"Aigoo, I'm sorry. You must have thought that we're going to make you do something distasteful, isn't it?" Han Giran cleaned away the mirth forming at the corner of her eyes.

 

"O-Oh no... I-It's just..." Yoona was trying to think of an excuse but obviously had none. She resigned to fate as she gave a sigh, having her head low. "Yeahs, I'm sorry... I-I don't mean it and even if you do, I don't blame it! I mean... all parents want the best for their children..." 

 

"I like you, Yoona-sshi," Kwon Yonghwan gave an affectionate smile. "You're a very nice lady."

 

"T-Thank you..." 

 

"We've heard about you even before you agreed on becoming Kiko's personal nurse. Halmeoni Lee talks a lot about you and all of my friends who have worked with you, spoke nothing but good words about you. It says a lot about your character." Han Giran added.

 

"We're very sorry that our son treated you in such... horrible way, Yoona-sshi," Kwon Yonghwan frowned. "As parents, we failed to bring him up to become a righteous young man. The things he did... It was definitely unforgiveable."

 

"M-Mr. and Mrs. Kwon..." Yoona found that the anxiety was slowly slipping away as the elderlies broke the ice. "I-It's nothing like that. J-Jiyong-sshi... He's a really good man. You guys have brought him up really well... Yes, sure, that incident... He might have been the accomplice and had done me wrong but at the end of the day, he had made things right. The fact that he was willing to risk all his pride, his fame and everything to do me justice, I... I think it says a lot about him."

 

"So... You're not mad at him?"

 

"Used to, but no, not anymore..." For some unknown reason, Yoona felt like she was being teased and her cheeks started heating up, feeling shy all over again.

 

"The purpose of asking you here was to convey our sincere apologies," Kwon Yonghwan smiled. "As well as..."

 

"Uhm?" Yoona looked up curiously. 

 

"Yoona-sshi, I'm sure this isn't the first time we've seen each other," Kwon Yonghwan continued to smile at her. "Do you recall anything?"

 

Yoona pursed her lips, trying to recall the last time she had an encounter with the Kwons. Apart from Jiyong, she had never worked for them before... So...

 

"Omo...! You're-" Yoona's eyes went wide in disbelief. 

 

"Yes, we're," Han Giran gave an affectionate smile. "We're the uncle and aunty that wanted to adopt you almost two decades ago..."

 

In the year 2000...

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, thank you so much for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter