[ADMIRATION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You shouldn't stare." 

 

"Well, you shouldn't look so pretty," Jiyong rubbed his chin. "Very unusual. I can't put my words on this. It can be casual, yet formal. y yet mysterious." 

 

"You've a way with words Jiyong-sshi," Yoona giggled, defeated by his praises. "I would take that as a compliment." 

 

"Certainly," Jiyong broke into a grin as he extended his arm out. "Shall we?" 

 

"Sure," Yoona held his arm graciously as they headed into the venue. 

 

They looked perfect. Just two weeks ago, everyone would have thought that this working relationship would be over. As mentioned, words in the chaebol world travel fast and the news about Kiko falling down from the stairs spreaded like wild fire. People would have thought Yoona's impeccable reputation would be ruined but yet, it went the opposite way instead. Perhaps, due to Dara's PR image rescue and Donghae's connection to help Yoona in the dark, instead of shunning away from her, people were vying to employ her. She had received numerous 'lovecalls', all hoping she could offer her service to them instead. Afterall, Kiko's personality is known to be notorious and some might even be gloating over her misfortune, thanking Yoona in their heart secretly. 

 

When Yoona first received Jiyong's message, she was puzzled. She thought the two weeks of radio silence had meant that her employment contract had been terminated. Jiyong did not make any explanation in the message, just simply asking her to attend a ball with him, without evening putting her name. She ignored it initially, thinking he probably got the receiver wrong. A few days later, he called her while she was busy bawling her eyes out on a melancholy drama. Her voice was all hoarse as she replied with an 'okay'. She wasn't thinking much when she agreed and only started to regret after she finished watching her show. She had planned to call him back to reject the invitation politely, but he didn't pick up the call and before she knew it, a set of clothes was sent to her house. 

 

A set of Chanel lacy see-through blouse and a black leather mini skirt. Yoona actually liked it and it didn't came as a surprise to her that the clothes had fitted her perfectly. It was like screaming at her, not allowing her to say 'no'. Eventually, she came to terms with it and decided to go if she wanted an answer from this man.

 

"I still don't get why you asked me along," Yoona smiled graciously as they posed for the camera. 

 

"Stick around long enough if you want to know the answer," Jiyong, on the other hand, posed coolly at the camera. 

 

Everyone had their eyes on this pair. Jiyong did bring a few female partners to such occasions before. However, ever since he got hitched, the only counterpart he brought along was Kiko. Even after Kiko fell ill, he would appear as solo for such occasions and if needed be, he would just get a social for the night. With Yoona in tow tonight, it was no wonder that tongues would start wagging and perhaps, words would definitely reach the Mizuhara's ears, but he couldn't care less. This is Kwon Jiyong; he would do what he wants and likes. He never needs the confirmation from anybody. 

 

"Oppa!" 

 

"Shinhye ah!"

 

Jiyong was on the roll. After the brief phototaking, Jiyong had walked into the venue with Yoona, with a lot of people stopping to greet him. They're mostly female and Yoona realised that the media did a pretty good job by labelling him as 'the devilish casanova'. She wouldn't blame him though, since she could tell easily that he treated them like sisters, even though some of them would want it to be otherwise. Besides, who's she to judge? He's technically her employer, not her friend and definitely not her man. 

 

Jiyong felt his ego being as people swarmed around him, wanting to greet him. He actually liked being superior, especially in front of Yoona. However, it seemed like the latter didn't seem at all impressed nor interested by his fame. He thought she'd be scowling away at the amount of women that came flocking towards him, instead she just looked around, having that indifferent look on her face. 

 

Until...

 

"Ji!/Oppa!" 

 

"Hey!" 

 

Yoona could see Jiyong's face lighted up the moment he saw his close friends. They walked towards them and at a closer look, Yoona was pleasantly surprised. 

 

"Im Yoona. Dong Youngbae and Lee Chaerin, or people mostly known them as Taeyang and CL," Jiyong introduced. 

 

"A-Annyeonghasaeyo..." Yoona bowed shyly. 

 

She's starstrucked! God knows how big a fan she is of these two people! She has always been a Taeyang fan, buying all his albums and attending all his concerts if possible. For CL, she always admired the baddest female, since she knew that she could never pull off such an image. CL was like the alter ego she wish she have. 

 

If Yoona was starstrucked, Chaerin and Youngbae were mesmerized. Jiyong did tell Youngbae that he would meet someone special tonight, but he didn't thought he'd be that outrageous to bring the personal nurse as his partner! He was worried for this poor girl's life but damn, he had to admit, this girl is worth taking the risk for. She exuded an elegance that couldn't be diminished and her looks was that of a goddess. Chaerin, on the other hand, wished that she could have her complexion. This lady's body was perfectly formed and unblemished and well, she now realised that it's no wonder Kiko is full of jealousy for this woman. 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Yoona-sshi," Youngbae greeted politely. "Actually, did we meet before? You look kind of familiar." 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes at his best pal's remark. Hell, he's married for god's sake! Was this a pick up line that he's using?! 

 

Youngbae threw him an innocent look. He wasn't trying to be flirty, he really did find her awfully familiar! He just couldn't pinpoint where he had seen her before!

 

"N-Neh... I-I'm a f-fan of yours. I'm actually a committee member of your official fanclub... I-I always attend your concerts and try to get the front seats..." Yoona could feel her cheeks heating up, knowing that she's admiring her idol up close.

 

Youngbae gave Jiyong the 'I told you so!' look, before breaking into a huge grin, "right! So this is why you're so familiar!" 

 

"I really like your singing, T-Taeyang-sshi..." Yoona had her head bent shyly.

 

Jiyong couldn't believe his eyes. Was she stuttering and being shy?! Hell, she didn't even stutter a word when they first met nor did she falter when in front of the Chinese officials! Now, just because of Youngbae's smile, she'd gone all weak?! 

 

"Call me Youngbae oppa. I guess we're more than just idol-fan now, aren't we?" Youngbae, on the other hand, was totally enjoying the sight of his best friend's darkened expression. 

 

You can rarely see Kwon Jiyong being jealous. Sure, he could be cold and stoic, ruthless and evil at times too, but he had rarely seen him being jealous. Being friends for almost his entire life, he could tell that Jiyong was green with envy. He's nice of course, but well, sometimes, he still loves to poke fun at his good friend, seeing him jump. 

 

"C-Can I?!" Yoona looked up, eyes glinted with excitement. 

 

"Jiyong ah!" Just then, someone called out, interrupting the conversation.

 

"Yeseul noona!" Jiyong took this chance to pull Yoona away, ending the conversation abrup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter