[PROVOCATION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't think this is the right way to kickstart the day, Jiyong-sshi." 

 

This was the first sentence that welcomed Jiyong when he turned around. 

 

"Good morning, Yoona-sshi."

 

What a peculiar girl, thought Jiyong at the back of his mind. After all, this was considered their first official meeting as employer-employee? Was that scoldings that he just heard from her? 

 

"I don't think the morning is going to be good at all if you start off your day like that," Yoona frowned. 

 

Jiyong followed her gaze and realised that she was staring, or more rather, glaring, at the cigarette that was wedged between his fingers. 

 

"I shouldn't be prying into your personal habits and of course, you smoking isn't any of my business, but I would really appreciate if you can work together with me," Yoona continued. 

 

Jiyong took the signal immediately, extinguishing his cigarette on the ashtray. No one dared to talk to him in such a manner, except for his parents and sister. Yet, this stranger was actually daring enough to greet him with a lecture, much more a distaste look on her face. 

 

Interesting.

 

"Good morning, Yoona-sshi," he repeated. 

 

"It'll be good if you can stop smoking in the house, Jiyong-sshi. Though it does not directly affect Kiko-sshi's illness, second-hand smoke would cause long-term problems and would cause more problems for people with weaker immune system," Yoona explained. 

 

Jiyong swore that if she wasn't looking so fresh and beautiful with this denim jumpsuit of hers, he might have the urge to sweep this woman out of the house right at the instant. 

 

"Point taken. Good morning, Yoona-sshi," he tried again. 

 

"Good morning," Yoona finally relented as she greeted back. "Guess it's still early for you." 

 

Yoona eyed him from head to toe. As compared to their first meeting yesterday, he had definitely dressed down more. He was wearing a daisy printed sleeveless shirt and shorts, with a pair of paint-splattered house slippers. She wouldn't have expected a cool, stoic businessman to actually have a liking for... daisies? Also, she was sure that the house slippers was DIY. Who on earth would buy such a pair of slippers? She definitely wouldn't. They looked like they had been dropped into tins of paints accidentally. However, with that head of tousled hair and stubbled chin, she had this thought:

 

He look rather charming. 

 

"I'm getting ready for work," Jiyong looked at his unkempt self but didn't feel at all embarrassed. "Make yourself comfortable." 

 

"I'll head down to get ready," Yoona gave a bow and exited the room. 

 

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

 

"She wouldn't be up till 10 at least," Jiyong was eating breakfast and scrolling his phone when Yoona finished touring the mansion. 

 

"I have read the schedule you sent," Yoona answered as she took a seat opposite him. "Just thought I should be here early to take a look around and familiarize with the place first."

 

"Breakfast?" 

 

"Nahs, I've eaten. Thank you," Yoona rejected politely. "So most of the time, you wouldn't be around?" 

 

Jiyong recalled the conversation that they had yesterday. He might have sounded like an irresponsible husband to her so he thought he should do himself some justice, "I am busy at work during the day but if I can, I will try to make it home for dinner at least." 

 

He saw her expression smoothened a little and was satisfied with that look. 

 

"Guess I'll see you in the evening then," Yoona got up from the chair and excused herself. "There's still some things left to understand from the helper."

 

"Sure. See you later."

 

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

 

"Oh, good morning, Yoona-sshi~" 

 

Kiko gave a yawn as she stretched herself, with the helper wheeling her out of the room. It almost slipped off her mind that the new personal nurse would be here today. How great, she's going to have fun with her new toy~ 

 

"Good afternoon, Kiko-sshi," Yoona gave a smile. 

 

"Are you trying to be sarcastic?" Kiko scoffed. "I jolly well know that it's noon already." 

 

Instead of 10am, Kiko ended up waking at 1pm instead. All the breakfast that were cooked for her were thrown away, replacing it with the lunch menu. 

 

"Nopes, just thought that you might want to try waking up slightly earlier. It's actually good for your body," Yoona answered evenly. "Get some sunshine and perhaps, not miss Ahyeon-sshi's delicious breakfast." 

 

"Mwuh? Are you lecturing me?" Kiko had her eyes wide in disbelief. 

 

"I'm stating things that will benefit your health," Yoona replied. "I'm here to take care of your well-being, so I hope you can work together with me, Kiko-sshi." 

 

Kiko rolled her eyes and ignored her, eating her lunch. Yoona didn't dwell on the topic either, but focus on other things instead, "after lunch, we should begin physical therapy and later in the noon, we would continue with occupational therapy. I've spoken with your doctor earlier on and he said that it would be good if you can be more proactive in therapies." 

 

For the entire lunch, it was a one-way conversation. Kiko did not listen to any of Yoona's explanations, treating them like babbles. Yoona, however, didn't seem to be at all deter by it, as she continued what she wanted to convey. Yoona did win a little with her constant pushing and nagging as Kiko moved reluctantly after she wouldn't stop bugging her. 

 

Kiko was not going to let her gloat and have her way. She was all ready to play with her like how she did with the past nurses. Eventually, she pretended to be cooperative, following through all the actions and steps that Yoona had taught, but her plan was already ongoing. She had purposely distracted the two helpers away, leaving only the both of them. 

 

"Alrights. Time to have your meds," Yoona had prepared her medicine and after the first round of therapy, they stopped to take a break and let Kiko take her medication. 

 

"Thank you..." Kiko crooked a smile as she took the pills from her hand. 

 

Her hand pretended to tremble and all the pills fell on the ground. 

 

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" Kiko cried out exaggeratingly, wanting to bend over to pick up the pills that were all over the floor. 

 

"It's okay, I'll pick them up," Yoona didn't seem to be offended at all as she knelt down, picking up the pills. 

 

As Yoona concentrated on picking the pills, Kiko purposely toppled the glass of water over, causing her to be drenched. 

 

"Omo...!" Won Ahyeon, one of the helpers, happened to walk past and gasped as she saw a drenched Yoona. "Let me he-"

 

She trailed off as she caught Kiko's threatening glare. 

 

"Oh, I'm so so so sorry Yoona-sshi!" Kiko said dramatically. "My hand can't stop spasming!"

 

"It's okay," Yoona still kept her smile on as she looked at Ahyeon. "Can you just get me a towel instead?" 

 

"Ahyeon ah, you need to go pick up the dress that mother had bought for me for the charity ball right? The tailor said to collect immediately. You're still not going to go?" Kiko interjected before Ahyeon could reply. 

 

Ahyeon was caught in between. She really wanted to help Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter