First Step Forward

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin with a lot of hesitation went to the bus stop and stood there. Being alone with Naeun, he felt uncomfortable because of his guilty feeling.
 
"You can sit here," Taemin turned to Naeun's voice. He saw Naeun pointing the space. Taemin sat with her and is waiting for the bus. One or two times they looked at each other and gave a small smile.
 
"Where is Kwonho?" Naeun asked.
 
"He went back to the office to get his keys," Taemin said in low voice pointing the direction of their office. Naeun nodded., "Do you always go by bus?" he asked after a moment of silence.
 
"Yeah, sometimes I go in metro also, sometimes my Appa will pick me," Naeun said. The word 'Appa' made Taemin nervous.
 
"So are you waiting for your Appa now?" he asked nervously.
 
"Aniyo, not today," Naeun said and smiled when Taemin let a sigh.
 
"Where is Krystal?" 
 
"She went soon today"
 
Then there was a silence, Naeun opened her handbag and took a lollipop from her bag. Taemin got a smile when she gave him also a lollipop. Both were waiting for the bus as they taste the lollipop.
 
"Are you comfortable in staying with Kwonho?" Naeun broke the silence.
 
"Huh...Kwonho...yeah I'm comfortable, his room is small but it is good" Taemin said.
 
'How does she know that I stay with Kwonho? Did he say?' he thought. Taemin saw Naeun looks at him with hesitation, wants to ask him something.
 
"Is Park Jimin alive in the hospital?" Naeun asked in a low voice with a lot of hesitation after a moment of silence.
 
"Jimin? Yeah, he is alive" Taemin immediately replied her to clear the misunderstanding, "He is alive, alive, but not in conscious that's all. He is alive," he said her. Naeun nodded at him.
 
'How did she know about him?' he thought.
 
"How do you know about him?" Taemin asked her, "Did Kwonho said?" Naeun shook her head and looked down.
 
"Then?" Taemin asked and waits for her reply.
 
"I heard you talking with Kwonho, that day in the rooftop," Naeun said and looked embarrassed. Looking at her face, Taemin got a small smile, "I didn't mean to hear it. When I came to the rooftop, I heard your conversation, sorry" she said and looked down.
 
"It's okay, no problem," Taemin said and still has a smile on his face.
 
'Oh that's why she is good to me, whatever she is talking to me that's enough' he thought.
 
"Then did you and your friend Kai also got hurt in an accident?" Naeun asked after a moment of silence, there was a curiosity in her voice. Taemin nodded his head.
 
"Are you both okay now?" she asked him again.
 
"Yeah, we are okay. Only Jimin got hurt a lot" Taemin's voice got cracked when he remembers the accident. Naeun felt guilty for making him remember his past.
 
"Sorry," Naeun said in low voice.
 
"Ahh...it's okay," Taemin said without looking at her.
 
"Soon everything will be okay," Naeun said looking at him, "It won't be storm always, soon everything will turn good," she said.
 
"Hope so...” Taemin said with a fake smile.
 
"So what Kai is doing? Is he also got kicked out like you?"
 
Taemin shook his head, "Lucky guy, he didn't get kicked out. Only me got kicked out" Naeun chuckled, "Sorry," she said when Taemin looked at her.
 
"It's okay" Taemin also got a smile, "Only my Appa kicked me out with empty hands," he said.
 
"So what you do for your spendings?" Naeun asked in a worried tone.
 
"Kwonho has lent me some money. As days go by I have to return him"
 
"Kwonho is a good person," Naeun said. Taemin nodded and started thinking.
 
"Naeun-ah" he called her after a moment of silence. Naeun looked at him to talk, "About...” he hesitated. Naeun waits for him.
 
"About the past...” Naeun stood up and looked at him. Taemin also stood before her nervously.
 
"Everybody has a past; it may be a painful, harsh, ugly one, so I don't want to think anything about my past. For me, you are a co-worker like others" Bus came to the stop. Without waiting for his reply, Naeun got into the bus.
 
"Taeminnie, get into the bus" Taemin saw Kwonho come running. Both Taemin and Kwonho got into the same bus in which Naeun got in. Taemin saw Naeun plugged in the headset and listening to the songs. She didn't turn to him but Taemin's eyes often move to look at her. Before getting down from the bus, Kwonho waved her with a smile, so she in return smiled at him, didn't look at Taemin.
 
'Oh she lives in the same place' Taemin thought when he saw Naeun getting down from the bus. It is the place where he waits for Naeun during their school days. Taemin and Kwonho got down in the next stop.
 
It is Taemin's turn to cook today. As Kwonho instructed, Taemin cooked ramyun. He was clumsy but still, he prepared it, he felt proud of himself.
 
"It is good," Kwonho said when they both sat to eat.
 
"Yah Taeminnie...Do you know Naeun-ah before?" Taemin got nervous about Kwonho's question, "I saw you both talking in bus stop" he added. With a lot of hesitation, he nodded his head.
 
"We studied in same high school," Taemin said.
 
"Oh...that's why she talks with you outside the office," Kwonho said as he nods his head.
 
"Why you are saying like that?"
 
"Usually she won't talk or initiate the talk by herself. Introvert girl. In-office also she talks only regarding work. Only to Krystal, she is close with" Kwonho said.
 
'Yeah, introvert girl' he thought and a smile formed on his face when he remembers her first meeting in the library.
 
"Lots of people in our office tried to ask her out but she didn't give any response to anyone" Kwonho added.
 
'Steel-walled girl' he thought and nodded his head.
 
"But who all likes her in office?" Taemin asked curiously.
 
"Many people, our manager Jaehyo...”
 
"Manager?" Taemin interrupted. Kwonho nodded.
 
"Many old staffs, even our Jung Shin like Naeun-ah very much...”
 
"Jung Shin?" Taemin's eyebrows frowned.
 
"Hmmm yes...” Kwonho replies as he eats.
 
"Then what about you?" Taemin asked slowly.
 
"Even I like her very much" Kwonho replied nonchalantly.
 
"Yah...don't lie...” Taemin said in a serious tone.
 
"Hey, not like how you think. I like her very much because she is good and she was the one who spoke with first when I join the office. Others always tease me for my weight but Naeun won't do such things. Such a kind-hearted person she is. Isn't she?" Kwonho said.
 
"Yes, such a kind-hearted girl she is" Taemin felt guilty.
 
Now Taemin started doing his work in the room, Kwonho helped him. It is difficult for him at the beginning, but slowly he found doing it all by himself. He got used to his new routine. He also started a busy life in his office; even his manager appreciated him for his improvement - thanks to Naeun. Each day he gets to learn new things, his colleagues got friendly, he likes his new environment. Most of the time, Taemin and Naeun get the same bus in the morning because they are from the same route. Sometimes Krystal also joins them. But Krystal was not like Naeun; she always cut short her answers to Taemin and also didn't allow him to get along with Naeun. She always stops him and behaves rudely towards him. But Taemin didn't bother much about her behaviour because she always behaves like that to him from school days and it got increased after she knows what he has done to Naeun. Sometimes Taemin feels it as fun to make Krystal get angry. Taemin also found Jung Shin likes Naeun but not in a romantic way, to make him jealous Taemin talks much more to Naeun. Jung Shin often makes pout face whenever Naeun offers help to Taemin. That makes Taemin giggle. He also realized that his manager Jaehyo has a lot of interest in Naeun. His manager always makes sure that Naeun doesn't get burden because of work, he was always so gentle towards her than others. A smile always forms on Taemin's face whenever he sees steel-walled Naeun.
 
During the lunch break, they all eat together. Naeun started to bring extra side dishes for Taemin also.
 
"Eomma, pack some extra food for me," Naeun told her eomma.
 
"Why extra food?" Saeeun asked her. Even her eomma looked curious for her reply.
 
"Because new member joined in my team

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter