His New Start

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Naeun-ah...Naeun-ah...”
 
"You are also working here..."
 
"I didn't expect that I will see you here..."
 
"I'm happy that I saw you..."
 
Taemin was walking fast behind Naeun and try to talk with her once they came out from the manager's cabin but she didn't reply to him, simply walks before him.
 
"Naeunnie...” Naeun stopped when she heard a familiar voice.
 
"Naeunnie this file is...” Krystal who came out from the file room with a file, stopped when she saw Taemin standing behind Naeun and her eyes went wide in shock.
 
'OMO, she is also here... What I'm going to do now?' Taemin thought when he saw Krystal.
 
"Yah...you...” Krystal started with loud voice pointing Taemin but stopped and looked around the office, "What the hell are you doing here?" she asked and chuckled. Taemin got angry for her question.
 
Naeun pointed an empty seat to Taemin. Don't know what to say, Taemin simply nodded at her and went to his seat.
 
"Is he joining here?" Krystal asked in shock. Naeun nodded and moved away. After giving a sharp look at Taemin, Krystal followed Naeun. Taemin looked around the room, it was a small department so not much staff. Next to him, there were two empty seats; Taemin guessed it must be Naeun and Krystal's tables. Opposite to him, two guys were sitting one is tall and lean, the other one is short and stout. Taemin look at them and gave a small smile but they looked at each other and turned to do their work. Taemin felt bad. 
 
'What I'm going to do here, with these people? Somebody please help me' Taemin was screaming inside his head.
 
His body jolts up when Krystal kept a pile of files on his table and gave a cold expression to him.
 
"Process all these files and give to database centre," Krystal said and again went inside the file room before Taemin could reply to her.
 
'Process? What does it mean?' Taemin thought and looked at those piles of files. It is all about drawing and blueprints, which Taemin doesn't understand. He turned a few pages in the files, he doesn't understand anything.
 
"This also" Krystal again placed another pile of files on his table.
 
"What is processing?" he asked in a low voice.
 
"Arrange these files," she said and gave a sharp look to him before going to her seat.
 
At last, Naeun also kept another set of files on his table. Taemin saw both girls were standing in the corner and talking, sometimes they look at him. He knows that they are talking about him.
 
Those files were like a wall between Taemin and Naeun, it was separating both of them. Few times he turned to look at Naeun hoping she may look at him but she didn't. She was doing her work without looking at him. Few times she answered Krystal's questions.
 
Taemin knows Naeun won't talk well with him and also he knows very well they wouldn't have forgotten their past, it is a bad one, a very bad one. Taemin looked at those files, he doesn't know how to arrange, what to do and what he does is the right way or not. Sometimes he gathers some courage all by himself to ask her help but he lost that courage once he saw Naeun's face. So he decided to do it all on his own.
 
After a few minutes, don't know what he did, he stood up before Naeun, "Finished" he said.
 
Naeun just looked at her wristwatch, "You finished?" Krystal exclaimed. Taemin gave a proud nod at her, "Then give it to database centre...” she said.
 
"Where is it?" Taemin asked.
 
"Go and find," she said and turned to her computer screen.
 
'Still the same, this girl didn't change' Taemin thought and looked at Naeun who didn't show him any reaction and was doing her work.  He went out with some of those files.
 
When he came out, to ask the way to the database centre he looked around and saw an old ahjumma was mopping the floor, Taemin went near her, "Where is the database centre?" he asked her in a loud tone. She looked at him and realized he is a new staff.
 
"It's on the fourth floor," she said. Without replying to her, he started walking to the elevator, "It is under maintenance" Taemin stopped when he heard ahjumma's voice. He turned towards her and gave a sharp look and kicks the elevator door.
 
'Aigo, I have to climb three floors now' he thought before starting to climb the stairs. He finally found to whom he has to give all those files. Two times he climbed up and down to submit all the files he arranged.
 
With a proud smile, he again stood before Naeun, "What is next?" he asked.
 
Naeun didn't reply, "You got a call!" Krystal said and gave the receiver of the intercom with a sarcastic smile on her face. Taemin was again called to database centre. Naeun looked at Taemin who was going out.
 
"What the hell you have done?" Chief Jung throws the file on Taemin. Chief Jung is a senior staff in Alpha Constructions, he is strict and a disciplinarian. A few minutes back, Taemin submitted the files on his table which he arranged. He is in charge of the database centre.
 
"They told me to arrange the files," Taemin said in low voice looking at the chief.
 
"Is this is called as arranging? How did you arrange it? If you don't know how to do it, can't you ask someone else?" he shouted back. Taemin didn't reply to him. Chief looked at Taemin from head to toe.
 
"Are you new join?" Chief asked. Taemin nodded without looking at him.
 
"If you don't know, you should ask somebody to teach you. Now go and ask your other department members to teach you" Chief said him softly as he is the new staff. Taemin nodded at him, "Now take back all these files and correct it" Chief Jung shouted. With his head hung low, Taemin nodded and looked out.
 
"What are you looking for?" Chief asked.
 
"Any helpers, to carry these files," Taemin said. Chief Jung got angry, "Why? You can't carry it all by yourself, you want an assistant?" he asked him angrily. Taemin shook his head fast and grabs how much he can carry. Again climbing up and down, Taemin sat on his seat tired after bringing down all the files. He looked at Naeun in the table, she didn't care what he was doing, and she was just doing her work.
 
Once he comes, others stood for the lunch break,  everyone went to cafeteria together but no one bothers to call Taemin. He felt bad and also frustration that no one is talking with him.
 
'How to get token?' Taemin was thinking as he stands before the token machine after watching others printing tokens using their ID cards. Suddenly a hand showed a lunch token before him, he looked up, it's Son Naeun. Before he would talk, Naeun moved away. "Thank you!" he said as he saw her walking back. He understood Naeun got those token in her ID card when he saw her name in that token. Taemin stood in the queue and got his food since no one invited them to their table he knew he has to eat alone. Taemin saw a seat in a table, with a smile he walked. Before he could reach the table somebody dashed him, the whole tray fell on his dress and got spoiled. Taemin got angry for the incident and looked up, he got even angrier when he saw it is done by Krystal.
 
"Oh Sorry" Krystal acted as if worried, still got a  sarcastic smile on her face. Taemin felt embarrassed when others were looking at him.
 
Taemin who is angry opened his mouth to shout at Krystal but stopped, "Aish...you gave me work" when he heard a maintenance staff saying, "Go and clean your dress" the staff said.
 
"Yes Yes, go. The washroom is that side," Krystal said and smirked at Taemin who looks red in angry. 
 
For one more lunch token, Taemin needs help from Naeun, hesitated to ask help he skipped his meal. Taemin knows he wants somebody to help him to do his work so he looked around to check to whom he can ask for help, both guys in the room were doing their work so he stood up to ask help from them.
 
"It's Naeun-ssi work, so ask her," the stout boy said. Even though Manager Jaehyo told Taemin to ask any help or doubt to Naeun, Taemin is not willing to ask her because he knows she won't help him. 
 
The remaining day also didn't go well for him. No one spoke with him, being next to Naeun was very uncomfortable, can't understand any work in the office. Taemin wants to go away from there.
 
Evening Naeun and Krystal saw Taemin getting inside a taxi angrily as they were walking together to the bus stop.
 
"I don't know what this guy is up to do?" Krystal said and looked at Naeun to check her expression. But Naeun walked as an expressionless person. She looks like she didn't hear Krystal's words.
 
"When did he come back to Seoul? But why did he come to work here? Is it any reason to work here? If he wants to work, why can't he go to his Appa's office" Krystal was asking Naeun, all questions that are arising inside her head. But Naeun didn't reply and didn't show any reaction to her.
 
When Taemin reached Kai's home, he was happily welcomed by Kai. He was waiting for Taemin to know how his first day of work was. As soon as Taemin entered the room, he threw himself on the bed. His mind rewinds the day, he punched the bed out of angry.
 
"Yah...what happened?" Kai stopped him, "Why are you doing like this? How was your first day?" he asked. Taemin didn't reply to him.
 
"What happened? How were your colleagues?" Kai asked again when Taemin didn't reply to him.
 
"Colleagues?" Taemin laughed bitterly and lean on the bed headboard.
 
"Why? What is with your colleagues?" Kai asked.
 
"You know what..." Taemin stopped and quickly decided not to say about Naeun and Krystal to Kai, he knows that Kai will , "Work is tough, nothing interesting" he said in low voice.
 
"For this only, you are angry?" Kai asked. After a moment of thinking, Taemin nodded his head.
 
"Then don't worry, everything will be alright, come let's eat together then let's watch a movie" Kai tried to encourage him. But Taemin didn't felt better, 'I need to talk with Samcheon' he thought.
 
After Mrs.Kim went to her room, Taemin went to Mr.Kim's study room.
 
"Come inside Taeminnie, I was waiting for you" Taemin heard Mr.Kim's voice when he opened the door.
 
"I know you will come to see me, now tell me how your first day of the job was?" Mr.Kim said as Taemin sat opposite to him.
 
"Samcheon, I don't want this job," Taemin said.
 
"Perfect, I know you will say this, I tell you now that you are in the right job," Mr.Kim said in bright tone and laughed.
 
"Samcheon..." Taemin said louder, Mr.Kim tried hard to stop his laugh, "I don't want this job, I don't like that place" Taemin said.
 
"Okay, tell me what the reason is?"
 
"Because there is..." Taemin stopped.
 
"What? What is there?" Mr.Kim asked.
 
"Because there is no one to talk with me," Taemin said with his head hung low.
 
"Taeminnie, that company is best in our subcontracts; if you work there you will learn everything. That place is a good atmosphere for you to work"
 
Taemin didn't reply but listens to Mr.Kim's words, 'Samcheon, how can I say you that my past mistake is there in that place. That too, it is next to me. I can't face them' Taemin said to himself.
 
"Just give one more try to that place," Mr.Kim said and touches Taemin's shoulder that made him come to his sense.
 
"Can you give a try?" Mr.Kim asked.
 
"Okay Samcheon, I will try," Taemin said and stood up.
 
"Try to get a new place to stay, you can't stay here for a long time," Mr.Kim said as Taemin walked to the doorsteps.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter