We are Colleagues

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal felt bored while waiting for Kai to talk to her. She has been sitting there for 20 minutes but still, Kai didn't talk a single word to her, instead, he was looking at the Han River.
 
That weekend early morning Kai called Krystal asking her to meet him. It was unusual for Kai to call her at that early, so she came running to meet him thinking it may be anything emergency but the situation was opposite, Kai was silent and in deep thoughts. She turned to look at him twice or thrice to gain his attention but no reaction from him.
 
"I'm sad Krystal," Kai said without turning to Krystal after a long silence. Krystal looked at him.
 
"What are you worried about?" Krystal asked in a soft voice. Kai got a small smile for her soft voice; he can feel her care for him.
 
"I'm worried about Taeminnie," he said. Krystal made a big gulp and got nervous when he pronounced the name 'Taeminnie'. She didn't reply.
 
"Did anything happen in office?" he asked looking at her after a moment of silence. Krystal shook her head nervously.
 
"Then why did he asked like that?" he said and turn to look at the river and again went to deep thoughts.
 
"What did he asked?" Krystal asked him after a moment of silence.
 
"Don't I belong here?" Krystal looked at Kai when he said those words. She can understand that he is worrying for Taemin and also her words have hurt Taemin a lot, "Can't I talk with Naeun-ah, he asked me as that" Kai continued.
 
"Did he say who said like that?" Krystal asked in a low voice.
 
Kai shook his head, "He was drunk when he said those words, so he didn't reply to me the next day when I ask who said that," he said.
 
"Don't you think he doesn't belong with us?" Kai turned to her, "Once he goes back home, to his rich life he can't be with us like this. So he may felt like that." Krystal said to him in hesitation. Kai Chuckled.
 
"What are you saying Krystal?" he said in a disappointed tone, "If he goes back home, that doesn't mean he should not talk or be friendly with you people." Krystal felt guilty, "Who is going to stop him? Do you think rich people have to be only with rich people?" he asked in a serious tone.
 
"Don't you think that is good?" she said in a low voice.
 
"If that is the case, do you say that I should stop talking with you?" he asked immediately. Krystal felt those words were like a sharp knife stabbing in her heart.
 
'No, you should not stop talking with me. I like you talking with me' she said inside her head.
 
"Tell me, Krystal. I'm also like Taeminnie, if Taeminnie shouldn't talk with Naeun-ah, then it also fits us, right?" he asked. Krystal shook her head.
 
"No, you can talk to me" Krystal's voice cracked, "But Taemin..." her words trailed off.
 
"What about Taemin?" Kai asked, Krystal was silence, no word came out of , the guilty feeling grows inside her.
 
"He is suffering Krystal. I know he is suffering inside bu not saying to us. He suddenly says he likes Sulli, but he is not happy. Something happened between Kwonho and Taemin. Don't know what is going on?" he said and looked at the river, let a sigh, a smile formed on his face as he thinks, "Do you know Krystal, how much our lives have changed? Going to big parties, dining in an expensive place, driving in big cars were the happiness we know...but now drinking and playing in Han River till sunrise with Kwonho, Jung Shin, Taeminnie, eating our own burnt preparations, walking in crowded places getting lost and searching for one another...I'm working now...dating a girl who I hate for half of my life and falling for her crazily...is it not fun?" Kai with a smile looked at Krystal whose head hung low. He touched her shoulder and realized that she is sad. Inside her head, she is scolding herself. 
 
"Sorry Krystal, I spoiled your mood too," he said. Krystal, who is guilty to look at him, shook her head.
 
"Let's go," she said. Kai nodded and stood up. In following days, without knowing what is the reason for Krystal's sadness, Kai tried to cheer her up.
 
Taemin and Kwonho still didn't talk with each other. All the attempts which Taemin made to make Kwonho talk were failed. Kwonho was constantly avoiding Taemin. That day Taemin waited for Kwonho near the coffee vending machine.
 
"Kwonho-ah, this is for you," Taemin said to Kwnoho showing the cup he was holding. But Kwonho didn't look at him and he pressed buttons for fresh coffee.
 
"Kwonho-ah, listen to me. Those days I was bad. I didn't mean to hide it from you" Taemin was talking but Kwonho walked away from there without listening to him. Taemin felt disappointed and stood there. When he turned, he saw Krystal was standing and watching them.
 
"Taemin!" Krystal called Taemin who is now walking back to his work. Taemin got a little surprise to see Krystal standing before him with her head hung low.
 
"I'm sorry" Taemin's eyebrows went high for her words. A small smile formed on his face because it is his first time to hear such words from Krystal. Taemin knows Krystal from their middle school. Even if it is her mistake, Krystal won't apologize before the trio in the school. But today she is apologizing to him; Taemin felt surprised and also wonders why she is apologizing to him.
 
"For what?" he asked her in a low voice.
 
"For that day, I spoke badly to you. My words would have hurt you, that's why" she said after looking at him. Taemin nodded his head.
 
"Taemin, I spoke like that because I don't want Naeun-ah to get hurt. I'm sorry. I know because of my words, you stopped talking with Naeun-ah," Taemin got a smile when he realized how much she felt bad for hurting him.
 
"It's okay Krystal, let's not talking about it anymore," Taemin said.
 
"You can talk to Naeun-ah, I don't mind," she said in a low voice with hesitation. Taemin nodded his head with a smile knowing that still; she has hesitation to allow him to talk with her best friend.
 
"Thank you," Krystal said in a low voice. Taemin again got surprised by her words because she is saying the words which never said to him before.
 
"This is for?" he asked hiding his laugh.
 
"You didn't say to Naeun-ah about me and what I spoke with you," Krystal said in a low voice.
 
"Oh...Is there anything else?" he asked. Taemin got a smile when she nodded yes.
 
"I'm sorry," she said again in a low voice with her head hung low.
 
"What for this sorry?" he asked with his eyebrows furrowed.
 
"For Kwonho-ah!" she said pointing to the direction where Kwonho went, "We didn't say about the past. He heard us talking in the conference room. Me and Naeun-ah tried to explain, but he didn't listen to us," she said and looked at Taemin who is now nodding his head as he thinks.
 
'Oh, that's how he knows' Taemin thought.
 
"Can I talk to him?" Krystal's words made him come to his senses.
 
"Aniyo, it's okay. I will talk to him," he said with a smile.
 
Krystal felt happy and light in her heart; the guilty feeling that was disturbing her left that day. They both didn't talk much after that but they are good with each other. Naeun noticed Kwonho coming alone to the office every day and avoiding Taemin.
 
"Taemin didn't come with you?" Naeun purposely asked Kwonho when they met near the office entrance.
 
"Aniyo, I came first because I have work, I'm going first," he said and walked before her.
 
"I told you right, he fought with him" Krystal whispered to Naeun who was looking at Kwonho.
 
All the attempts of Taemin to talk with Kwonho were failed. He doesn't know what to do next. He started worrying that is it the end for their friendship.
 
"Is it because of me?" Sulli's voice brought him back to his senses. He turned and looks at Sulli who is sitting next to him in the rooftop wooden bench. He shook his head with a small smile.
 
"Then why Kwonho-ah is not talking with you?" she asked.
 
"It's between guys. I can handle it," he replied.
 
"Sulli!" he called her after a moment of silence. She looked back, "You still remember what I said you, right?" he asked her carefully.
 
"Hmmm," she nodded, "We both are still not couples, let's try to make a relationship. We can talk, go out, eat together but if it is not working, we can remain as friends," she said. A smile formed on his face when she said just the same as how he said to her another day.
 
"You are cute." He said with a smile that brought her shy. Taemin hoped everything will be fine soon.
 
Naeun sat next to Kwonho when they got into the bus. Kwonho got surprised and looked for Krystal; she was sitting alone in another seat, so he realized that she wants to talk with him.
 
"Still are you mad with Taemin?" she asked him. He nodded his head without looking at her.
 
"Kwonho-ah" she called him. Still, he didn't look at her, "Why are you reminding me about my dark past?" she asked. He looked at her in shock, "It happened in the past, my dark past... which I want to get forget" she said. There was a moment of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter