Happily Ever After

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you waiting for anybody?" the girl who sat next to Taemin asked him to get his attention.

"Huh..." he looked at her, "Yeah..." he nodded his head. Taemin knows that she is interested on him and tries to talk with him.

"Is it not hot today?" the girl asked him as she removes his overcoat. Taemin nodded as he turned his head down.

"It is because exams are going on, campus is so silent."

"Hmmm yes...very calm..." he nodded his head.

"Oh...I'm Steffi, doing my first year in theatres..." the girl introduced herself.

"I'm Lee Taemin..." The girl nodded with her eyes going wide. There was a silence again; Taemin knows again that girl will start their conversation.

"Do you like to see my works?" she asked as like Taemin expected.

"Hmmm yeah," he said after a moment of thought. The girl moved little closer and opened a photo album which was her assignment. Taemin holds his smile as the girl shows her album and explain each photo. In between the talks she also tries to know about his interest. As Taemin's interested in dance, she often popped out dance topic in their conversation.

"So how is it?" The girl asked in a bright tone after finish looking at her album.

"Hmmm yeah it is good...I think you will shine in acting..." Taemin said looking at her.

"Thank you..." Girl replied in shy. Again Taemin went in silence.

"Oh we spoke for little long..." she said as she looks at her wristwatch. Taemin nodded as he checks the time in his mobile phone. "Shall we go for a coffee?" she asked slowly.

Taemin smiled, "I don't drink coffee," he said.

"Then what do you like to do?" she asked curiously.

"I have to be here, waiting..." the girl nodded with a pout face.

"Whom you are waiting for?" the girl sounds worry and curious. Taemin can guess she doesn't want to hear the reply girlfriend; he smirked at her.

"Girlfriend?" she asked slowly. Taemin nodded with a wide smile and felt sorry when the girl showed a pout face.

"Will she be pretty?" she asked as if she challenges him to compare with her.

"Hmmm yes...very pretty" Taemin proudly nodded at her.

"But your eyes..." Taemin calls out in curious as he points her eyes, that girl touched her eyes, "Pretty..." he said and smiled. Taemin knows that after he spends good quality amount of time with his friends Kai and Jimin, his old self comes out sometimes; he also knows Naeun won't be happy to see his old self but this moment he is alone so let his old self out. Hearing Taemin's words that girl blushed, "I like double eyelids," he continued, that girl wouldn't able to hide her smile. Taemin got a smile for her reaction.

"You are handsome too..." Girl complimented back, "No no you don't have say it back..." Taemin acted modestly, "No you are..." that girl insists. Taemin got a proud smile.

"You look pretty..." Taemin said. He slowly truned his expression serious, looked at her, "I thought not to say it soon. But I couldn't, You are beautiful...Never seen a girl like you..." Girl's cheeks turned red in shy and forget to think why he says such things to her when he has a girlfriend, "But..." he stopped.

"But what?" Girl asked with curious eyes.

"But..." he stopped when they hear a new voice.

"But he says that to all pretty girls..." Both turned to Naeun's voice.

"Naeun-ah..." Taemin calls in bright tone and stood up to walk to Naeun who is standing there with a serious expression on her face and her arms crossed to her chest. Naeun looks angry when Taemin came to give her a hug, she pushed him. Taemin worried that from when she was hearing them.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The girl asked Taemin.

"No, his ex-girlfriend," Naeun replied immediately.

"Yah...wae??" His voice sound little angry and he puts his hand around Naeun and looked at the girl, "My girlfriend..." Taemin said with a wide smile, but she pushed him again.

"No...I'm his ex-girlfriend..." Naeun said.

"Yah...Wae?" Taemin try to pull her closer but Naeun 

walked away.

"Naeun-ah..." he called but she didn't stop, "I'm sorry..." Taemin said to the girl with little bow and ran to follow Naeun.

"Lucky girl she is...handsome guy..." That girl murmured looking at them.

"Naeun-ah...wait..." Taemin calls her as he follows her behind, "I was just talking to her..." Naeun walks fast, Taemin smiled and followed her, "She only came and sat next to me..." Naeun didn't reply, "I was just saying..." They were interrupted.

"Naeun-ah..." Both stopped and turned back when they heard someone calling her.

"Myungsoo Oppa..." Naeun called in bright tone.

"Aish...why again him?" Taemin walked unwillingly towards him.

"You left your book..." Myungsoo gave her a book. "Hi Taemin-ssi..." He greeted Taemin with a smile, "Haiii..." Taemin said in low voice, Myungsoo smiled, "Soon are you leaving back to home?" Naeun nodded at him brightly, "Wae? Don't want to stay here for some more days..." he pointed Taemin, "With Taemin-ssi?" he asked Naeun. Taemin, who was acting like he didn't hear anything now turned at them when he heard his name. Naeun just gave a shy smile as a reply while Taemin was not looking happy for her reply.

"Okay then if we can, let's catch up later...or else in Seoul..." he said.

'No ways...you can't...I won't make it happen...' Taemin thought as he looks at both of them.

"I'm leaving...bye..." Myungsoo said and waved at Taemin who waved back like robot. 

Myungsoo is Naeun's collegemate from music department, and he is also one of the friends from Naeun's small friendship circle. Myungsoo is known for his vocal and also for his good looking visual, so he was given nickname L. Taemin and Myungsoo has met before but Taemin doesn't like him because many people have commented Naeun and Myungsoo can make a good pair as they have many common things between them. He knows they are friends, but he is jealous of Myungsoo. 

When Naeun came home for holiday, Taemin's friends came to know about Myungsoo, they started teasing Taemin. It got even more worser when Kai asked Naeun, "Who is better visual, Taemin or Myungsoo Oppa?" Taemin knows they will ask this to Naeun when they all decided to play Truth or Dare game on their weekend get together.

"I think Op..." Naeun stopped when she saw Taemin let a bitter laugh and turned away a little. Taemin couldn't accept that fact while others happily accepted it. After that Taemin thought Myungsoo as his next rival after Jimin because Naeun till date she doesnt change her idea that Jimin is cuter than Taemin. He always wants Naeun to be good only to him and mean to other guys as a steel walled girl but to Taemin's surprise, Myungsoo broke that wall. Naeun can laugh a loud for his jokes, both eat together quiet often in college, during holiday they both come home together. Naeun informed Taemin that Myungsoo has a girlfriend but still Taemin feel jealous because he wants to be only guy in Naeun's heart other than her Appa. Sometimes Naeun teases Taemin to see his jealous side.

"He looks so handsome today..." Naeun said looking at Myungsoo who is walking back.

"Handsome?" Taemin let a laugh.

"Yes..." she again looked at Myungsoo who is now far away from them, "He looks like a cat...innocent face..." she said.

"Naeun-ah...Does he look innocent? No ways..." He said and let a bitter laugh.

"Are you jealous of him?" Naeun asked with wide eyes and smile, Taemin couldn't hide his jealously face, "Gangaji..." Naeun .

"Yah..." Taemin said in loud voice. She knows he hates to be called like that but she and Mrs.Lee always called him like that to , "Don't call me like that..." he said.

"Dae...I'm not going to talk with you..." she said with a serious face and pushed him little and walked to bus stand.

Taemin sat next to Naeun in the bus, she still didn't look at him. There was a silence between them. After a few minutes, Naeun lean on his shoulder as she linked her arms with him, "Why do you look so cute, that's why all girls come around you..." she said in aegyo voice.

"But I like to be only with you Naeun-ah, you know that right?" He asked. Naeun nodded and lean comfortably on his shoulders.

It is true, Naeun has seen alot of girls approaches Taemin. Whenever they go to beach, a lot of eyes turn to look at his well build body, wide shoulders and also his recent tattoo on his back attracts alot of people when he comes out of the water. But Taemin's eyes only can see her even though there are so many attractive girls around them. Like today, she has seen many girls trying to talk to him when he was alone. Krystal has already informed and warned Naeun about Taemin's old behaviour that peeps out from his head sometimes which Krystal has already seen in Kai, that lead for some disappointments. But soon Krystal understood that whenever the trio comes together it will chaotic, so she left that topic after warning Naeun about Taemin.

Taemin tries to flirt a little with those but in the end he gives the shock saying about Naeun, his girlfriend. Many times Naeun teasing him saying, "She likes you...She is of your ideal type...She is pretty..." Taemin mostly could laugh for it but sometimes he replies her by his action - kissing her lips, it always says he likes only her. Sometimes she tries to pick up a fight, an another way of teasing him, and it always make him to come along behind her like a lost puppy.

Naeun knows Taemin loves only her; he is only for her and Taemin also know that she doesn't fight with him, even though she gets upset or angry on him, it won't last for long. They know each other very well after they open up about each other's thought after they met up in Alpha Construction.

It was once Taemin visited Naeun for their Christmas holiday. They were watching Twilight movie in Taemin's hotel room as she leans comfortable on his shoulder, they have to cancel their plan of going out due to heavy snowfall.

"Taemin-ah..." she called him without moving her eyes from the TV screen.

"Hmmm..."

"If you gave an option, would you like to become a vampire?"

Taemin chuckled, "Vampire? Wae?" he asked.

"Once I like to become a vampire..." she said as she plays with his T-shirt.

Taemin with confused expression, made her to look at him, "Wae?" he asked. But she put her down and remained silent. Knowing Naeun's hesitation, Taemin waited for her reply.

"You know..." she started slowly, "Vampire have never ending love story..." Taemin got a smile, "I want to be like that...Eternal Love," she said in low voice. Again there was silence, Taemin remind silent as he knows still she haven't finished her words. "Want to be with my first love, all through my life..." she said and looked at him for his reaction. But his eyes were still on the TV, so with a pout face Naeun looked down, lost interest in watching the movie.

"Naeun-ah," Taemin called her after a moment of silence. She didn't response, "Am I your first love?" he asked.

After a moment, Taemin can feel Naeun nodded her head on his shoulder; a smile formed on his face. Again a silence, "How was it when I left you?" he asked. He knows she heard him, so waited for her reply.

"You must be devastated...Your dream of one love got scattered..." he said when she didn't reply.

"You cheated me..." She sounds little angry. Taemin smiled and pulled her closer.

"What was your thought when you again saw me?" he asked. Naeun didn't reply, "You must have hated to see me again, right?" Again there was a silence.

"How did you forgive me Naeun-ah?" He asked but this time he wants to know answer from her.

"I was scared..." She said in low voice. Naeun recollects their incidents in the office.

'Why did he come back again? What plan he has now? I hate seeing you again LEE TAEMIN' Naeun wrote in her diary that night when she met him in the office.

'I don't want to work with him. But Jaehyo...oh god help me...' she wrote her frustration when Jaehyo forced her to work with Taemin.

'He is so impatient, not listening to me. I don't know how I'm going to handle him...' her first day experience work with Taemin. 'Pity that he got kicked out of his house. But I think he deserves it.' She wrote in her diary.

'I don't want to do the project with him...why Jaehyo?' she wrote thinking of the new project with Taemin. 'But why did he share his tuna cake with me?'

'Did he really listen to my words? Did he really felt bad for his behaviour?' She recollects how Taemin apologized to the maintenance staff.

'Soon my work of teaching him gets over...Yahooo...I will be away from him...' she wrote after giving his final report on Taemin to Jaehyo. 'Tomorrow is the presentation...I will be free after then...'

'Pabo Son Naeun...it was so embarrassing......stood helpless before him...' Remember how Taemin ran to help her for her necessities, 'But he did good in presentation.

'What an ideal type you have? Venus, she doesn't look good...You have a bad taste, Lee Taemin...' She wrote thinking of Venus who insulted Taemin. 'But why did I support him today? I shouldn't do it...looks like he is getting comfortable around me...no, it should not happen' she wrote in worry.

'Like Krystal said, I hope Taeminnie won't talk with me...It is better I should be away from him...' She wrote, 'That girl is pretty' Thinks of Sulli.

'Krystal prediction came false...ha ha...Why isn't he leaving me?' She wrote as she thinks how Taemin talks that happened previous day, 'Don't come closer to me...'

'It was my work to report on him, Jaehyo decided to help him but he gets angry on me...I didn't think he can't take care of him but he can get little help from his friends... It is not wrong...' she wrote in a pout face, 'Son Naeun, don't go behind him if he avoids you. Be careful' She wrote a warning for her.

'Happy that I'm going to Jeju Islands with my friends...Krystal and I were so excited...I finished packing...' She wrote in her diary before going to Jeju Island.

'Pabo Son Naeun, how many times you want to get embarrassed before him? Aish...you are a pabo...Like Krystal said, did he took pictures of me? I hope not...I want to ask him about it...but I won't because how easily he brings the topic about Love before me. He forgot how he hurt me. I won't talk with him anymore.' She wrote angrily after coming back to home.

'Krystal spoiled our lunch plan...Taemin likes Snowball, Why did I get Snowball from Taemin-ah? Don't know...I too like Snowball, he is round, fluffy like a Snow Ball...Welcome home Snowball...' she pasted a photo of her and Snowball which she took few minutes back.

'Am I not looking pretty? No, I'm prettier than Saeeun-ah. Pabo Taeminnie...I won't care about your answer...By the way, Snowball looks good in pink' she wrote her little frustration about Taemin's reply at dinner.

'I hope at least today Taemin contact me' she wrote after checking her mobile.

'Sulli? Is he interested on her? What if...' she thinks for the reason why he spoke about Sulli to her, 'I should not care about it...'

'Important work...I'm a pabo...' she wrote, no other words to write next.

'Promises are meant to be broken...so it is true...' a drop of a tear fell down from her eyes but quickly wiped it when her eomma called her for Christmas dinner.

'Try to learn Son Naeun...They are dating...Stay away..." she wrote on the day she knew Sulli and Taemin are dating.

'Happy that Kwonho-ah stands by my side...but I don't want anyone to bring back my past again. Hope Kwonho and Taemin get along tonight...' she remembers Kwonho avoids Taemin.

'Colleagues? No, friends...They made my day special...count the present.' She wrote on her birthday.

'I felt happy that he came for Snowball but didn't think that he will ask Snowball back...Should I give him back? I should because it is his pet...but I love Snowball very much, I thought he knew that...bad Taeminnie' her eyes were watery.

'I felt good after talking with him. Why did I cry before him? But I felt light. How did he come there when I'm in danger...nice...' She recollects how Taemin stopped those guys.

'I don't want to give that gift but somehow I got a chance to give and also to visit his parents...They are nice. They love Taemin a lot. Gangaji...ha ha nice...' she wrote on his birthday.

'Is it a Kiss? No, it is not a kiss Son Naeun. Stop thinking about him and the kiss. Aniyo...It is still running inside my head...please, somebody help me...' she went to bed thinking the kiss.

'He gets jealous...I like it. I showed my courageous side to him. Can't believe that I did this.' she wrote next day after their club night.

'They share an amazing friendship. Jimin-ah get well soon, Taemin is feeling guilty. I didn't expect he will cry before me, I feel bad for him.' She remembers how Taemin cried in her arms.

'Don't get close with him. He has a girlfriend. Stop your heart leaning towards him. It is not good. But is it a date? Got matching socks, spend good time...I like it. Why do I get smile whenever I see him?Don't know...My heart flutters when I see him...' She smiles as she writes it.

'Did he come to see me? But I didn't talk with him. Hope you forget your bad day...Good Night Taeminnie, Sleep tight,' she went back to her bed.

'What a day. I like it. Burnt pancakes, riding bicycle, eating ice cream, oooohhhh...holding hands, my heart flutters. Being next to him make me happy. Hope he is always there for me, only for me' she wrote with a big smile on her face and holds her chest for her raising heart beat as she thinks about the day.

'I forgot everything. Pabo...pabo...I forgot Sulli, his girlfriend, he always brought me pain but how I forgot everything. No, I don't want to get it again. He is not mine. Stay away. No no...I won't see him again.' She wrote after recollecting Taemin and Sulli together.

'My team . Go to hell Jung Joon Young...' she wrote about her first day work with new team lead.

'I did well in the exam. Hope I will clear it. I'm happy with my performance and also I'm happy for Taemin. Didn't expect he will come to wish me...' She smiles as she sees the empty juice bottle which is next to her.

'What an evening!! Taeminnie, you saved me from that bad guy Jung Joon Young. Taemin threatened him with furious eyes. I didn't know he had such side, but all I see is his puppy eyes. Today I was happy with you Taeminnie. Holding hands, feeling safe...I wish to be like that all through my life...' she stopped when she heard Saeeun ask her to turn off the lights.

'Is it really true that they are going get engaged? Then what about me? Am I got fooled again?' Tears rolled from her eyes.

'Taeminnie why did you do this? I don't want come between you and Sulli anymore. Forget me. I hate everybody you, Krystal, Saeeun-ah and even myself...let's part our ways. Forget me. Can I able to forget you? Don't know...'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter