Is it their Destiny?

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We reached" CEO Choi declared and it is followed by a huge cheer by his staffs. After an hour journey, they reach Gapyeong country. It is Alpha construction's 15th Anniversary, like other years CEO Choi don't want to end the celebration with just a special dinner for their staffs, this time he wants to spend more time together so he decided to give them a trip. A huge cheer was given by the staffs when they reached their destination place.
 
Taemin got down from the bus, followed by Kai. For weekend Kai has already planned to spend his time with Taemin and others friends but when Taemin informed him about the trip, he felt disappointed and wants to go with Taemin, so Mr.Kim requested CEO Choi to allow Kai to join them. Taemin and Kai along with other male staffs were helping others with their luggage. When Taemin turned with a bag, Naeun stood before him, it's her bag but without getting it from him, she was staring at him. Taemin has to bit his lower lips to hide his smile, he thought she is cute in angry. He knows she won't get it from him, so he gave her bag to Kai who was next to him and then from Kai she got it. But it is quite opposite in Kai's side. Krystal was waiting for Kai to get her bag but he was purposely avoiding it. When Taemin gave her bag, Krystal didn't get it from him and gesture him to give the bag to Kai. Till Kai gets her bag from Taemin, she didn't move from there. Knowing her adamant nature, Kai ends up in giving her bag without looking at her.
 
"Is he the reason for your sadness?" Naeun asked after watching their behaviour. Krystal nodded with a pout face.
 
That day after hearing from Kwonho that Krystal knows what is the problem between Taemin and Kwonho; Kai went to meet Krystal.
 
"Yah...What are doing here? Jessica Unnie is still awake" Krystal said as she comes towards Kai who was waiting for her before her house.
 
"What happened? Why did you call me at this time?" she asked him in curious, "Aren't you supposed to be with your friends now?" she asked.
 
"Are you the one who told Taeminnie that he is bad for Naeun-ah?" Kai asked in a serious tone. All her smile and happiness for seeing Kai got disappeared once because of that question. She got nervous. With a lot of hesitation, she nodded her head. Kai let a sigh and his shoulder came down in disappointment and he turned away.
 
"But I asked him sorry," Krystal said as she forcefully turns him towards her.
 
"I was hoping you will say no. But my guess was correct. I thought you got changed." He said in a disappointed tone, "Because of you, Taeminnie and Kwonho-ah fought. Am I right?" He asked.
 
"I was..." her eyes get watery.
 
"What? What reason are you going to say now Krystal?" he turned away to control his emotions, "Why didn't you say me when I asked you on another day?" he asked.
 
"I didn't mean to hide it but I was feeling guilty," she said with her head hung low.
 
"Guilty?" Kai let a bitter laugh, "After hurting him? What did Taeminnie do to you? Why you hate him so much?" he asked.
 
"It is not how you think, I did try to protect Naeun-ah," she said as she holds his hand.
 
"To protect Naeun-ah" he pushed her hand, "Do you think he is that dangerous to Naeun-ah?"
 
"I was wrong, I'm sorry" she pleaded him.
 
"If Taeminnie is bad for Naeun-ah, then I'm also bad for you Krystal," he said and step back from her. "You said that it is good if rich people be with rich people, right? Then it means..."
 
"No, I was wrong, I don't want us..." Krystal steps forward to grab his hand again but he steps back.
 
"Yes I don't want us to talk with each other again Krystal," he said and walked from there.
 
"No, wait. Listen to me" she tried to stop him but he walked away from her. From then, Kai stopped contacting her; even if Krystal contacts him he avoided her. Krystal felt happy when Taemin said Kai also joining to the trip with them. She was hoping that he will talk to her on the trip but still he is angry on her. In another case, Naeun is angry on Taemin. It is Taemin's mistake.
 
It was a usual day in the office; Naeun was on leave and others were busy with their work.
 
"Ah Saeeun-ah, are you still in the clinic?" Krystal talks over the mobile as she enters the office room after she got her coffee from the cafeteria.
 
"Is all check-up done?"
 
"Oh, is Naeun-ah next to you?"
 
"Need any help?"
 
"Bye, will call you in the evening" Krystal disconnected her call.
 
"What happened to Naeun-ah? Why is she in the clinic? Is she not feeling well?" Jung Shin, who was hearing her talks over the mobile, now shoots his questions to her.
 
"Nothing happened to her, Snowball is not feeling well" Krystal replied as she turns to her computer. The word ‘Snowball' made Taemin look at Krystal curiously.
 
"Who is Snowball?"
 
"Her pet dog, it is not feeling," she said as she works.
 
"Oh pet dog, hmmm" Jung Shin turned to his work.
 
Yes, Snowball is a pet dog but it is not Naeun's pet dog, it is their pet dog so Taemin couldn't concentrate on his work. He wants to know about Snowball, Krystal won't know much about it and also she won't say to him. As time passes he can't concentrate on his work, he wants to know about Snowball. He decided to call Naeun. Her name has already felt from his recent contact list months before. First, he hesitated to call her, his guilty feeling grows inside him because he has stopped asking about Snowball's well being long back. But now he wants to know about Snowball, gathering his courage he called her.
 
"Naeun-ah how is Snowball?" he asked as soon as the call gets connected.
 
"Is there any problem?"
 
"Where are you now? Are you still in the clinic? Wait for me I'm coming there now? I want to see Snowball." He shoots out his questions and said everything he wants to say before he could get a reply from another end.
 
'Is it Lee Taemin?' he heard a new female voice from the other end.
 
"Dae, Am I...Am I not talking to Son Naeun?" he asked.
 
'Aniyo, I'm her eomma' Taemin got nervous.
 
"I'm sorry eomonim, annyeonghaseyo, I heard Snowball is not feeling well so I called her," he said nervously.
 
‘Oh they are still in the clinic, Naeunnie left the mobile at home, I will inform her that you called her or else if possible you can meet her in clinic' Mrs.Son said.
 
"I will go to the clinic now eomonim, thank you," he said and disconnected the call.
 
Taemin left to the clinic after informing to Jaehyo. Taemin didn't give a proper reply to Sulli when she asked him for the reason.
 
"I will call you, it's important," he said and left the place.
 
When Taemin reached the pet clinic, he saw Naeun was checking the Snowball's files while Snowball is sleeping on her lap and Saeeun was standing before her with her hands crossed against her chest.
 
"Oppa" Saeeun called Taemin in bright tone as soon as she looked at him. Naeun was quite surprised at his sudden visit. He gave a small smile to the sisters as he comes near to them. Saeeun who was worried about her sister talking with Taemin is changed after she met Taemin twice or thrice with Snowball, her angry on him was reduced. After hearing his hard work in the office, positive changes in him, she felt him that he is not bad. Hearing about his dating news makes her happy and confident that Taemin won't disturb her sister anymore.
 
"How is he? What happened?" he asked Naeun in a low voice as he points to sleeping Snowball.
 
"He got high temperature and indigestion, now better. He is sleeping" she replied as she caresses Snowball's hair, "How do you know?" she asked.
 
"Krystal was saying to Jung Shin, so we came to know about it," he said and looked at Snowball, "Can I take him?" he asked.
 
"Yeah sure... Snowball look who has come" she tried to wake him, "Taemin appa waseo, look up," she said. Taemin got a smile, even though he knows Naeun always address him like that to Snowball but hearing it after a long time makes him happy. But on another side, Saeeun wants to laugh louder for addressing Taemin like that but she knows if she does that her unnie will not be easy on her. So she tried to hide her laugh. Snowball looked only once at Taemin but didn't take any effort to get down from Naeun's lap.
 
"He got injection maybe that's why" Naeun tried to convince disappointed Taemin.
 
"Can we go home?" Saeeun said them for attention.
 
"Then I will get a cab!" Taemin said and took his mobile. Snowball didn't want to leave Naeun so Taemin decided to carry Snowball's bag. In the taxi, Saeeun was the one who was talking; Naeun and Taemin were maintaining an awkward silence between them.
 
"Oppa come inside" Saeeun called Taemin inside their home but Naeun nodded her head with hesitation.
 
"It's okay Saeeun-ah, next time..." he was interrupted by Mrs.Son.
 
"Oh you all came?" she said and came out.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo eomonim" Taemin greeted her.
 
"Lee Taemin, come inside" she invited him. Looking at Naeun's hesitation, he didn't reply to her.
 
"Come inside Oppa, you didn't come home for Unnie's birthday too," Saeeun said and dragged him inside.
 
Saeeun and Mrs.Son made him come inside and he sat on the couch in their living room when Saeeun went to get fresh up, Mrs.Son went to Kitchen and Naeun went to Snowball's place to lie him down on his mat. Taemin was looking around the living room, he can see few books here and there, and those were the few books that he and Naeun got together for her scholarship exams.
 
‘Look like she started preparing for her exams' he thought as he takes a look at those books.
 
"Oppa!" Saeeun who came after getting fresh up, dragged him again to the couch "Is it true you got a new girlfriend?" she asked in a whisper after taking a look at her eomma in Kitchen. Taemin got shy and nodded his head, "Sulli her name is" he said.
 
"Oh!" Saeeun exclaimed as she thinks, "Is she pretty and cute?" she again asked him in a whisper.
 
"Hmmm yes" he nodded with a smile, "She has a beautiful smile" he added.
 
Saeeun nodded her head with disappointment and lean back on the couch. Taemin chuckled for her reaction.
 
"Is she pretty than me?" she asked. Taemin bit his lips to hide his laugh.
 
"Aniyo" he shook his head, "You are prettiest," he said.
 
"Then Oppa" she straightens up, "Are you still at the same decision that I'm prettier than Naeunnie unnie?" she asked. Taemin got to remember how Naeun felt jealous and showed her disappointment for his reply last time. He got a smiled.
 
"Yes, of course, you are prettier than Naeun-ah"
 
"Look unnie, he says I'm still prettier than you" Saeeun screamed at Naeun who just came there, after getting fresh up. Naeun's face turned red and looked at him.
 
"Naeun-ah I meant..." his words trailed off. Naeun gave a sharp look at him and went to the kitchen.
 
Mrs.Son called him for lunch after she prepared the table. It's been a very long time since Taemin tasted Mrs.Son's food. During Naeun's birthday also he didn't taste it much like before but now it is specially and only for him. Mrs.Son's food always makes him get rid of his homesick, which happened to him that day also. Naeun didn't fail to notice his happiness for home food. After lunch, Mrs.Son and Saeeun sat down in the living room to talk with Taemin. Naeun also sat in the other end of the living room with her book to study but she ends up in listening to them while her eyes still on the book. She wonders how easily Taemin gets along with her family. As they were talking, Snowball who woke up from his sleep entered the living room.
 
"Snowball, come to me" Saeeun called him with open hands. But he went straight to Naeun and Saeeun felt disappointed. Taemin and Mrs.Son laughed for his action.
 
Naeun took him in his hands, "He likes to be with the prettiest person in the room and he knows who it is." she said and gave a look at Taemin before going inside. Taemin got a smile; he always felt jealously Naeun is always cute.
 
But this fake angry was not the reason for Naeun not talking with Taemin. Next day Taemin spoke with Naeun during the break and said he wants to take back Snowball from her. This made Naeun got angry.
 
"Why do you want to take him back? Did you find a better place?" Naeun asked in a serious tone and her eyebrows were furrowed.
 
"No...Not that..." Naeun interrupted him, "Then just because you paid the money for him, you want him back. If it is the case, I will pay back the money. I won't give him back" Naeun said in angry. Taemin got shocked, it is his first time he sees her angry. He felt thankful to God that there was no one else around them near the vending machine.
 
"Aniyo Naeun-ah, you were preparing for the exam, so I thought you may feel hard," he said in low voice and looked at her face which is still red in angry.
 
"Did I say it is hard for me? I won't give him back. I will pay you back for him" she said and went back to her seat angrily. Naeun knows Taemin is the real owner for Snowball, he paid for him but they raised him together. She knows that her angry is stupid because the real owner of Snowball wants its back, no reason for getting angry. But in a deep corner of her heart, she hoped Taemin won't ask Snowball back, he knows she loves Snowball very much. She felt disappointed at Taemin for asking Snowball back and she never thought this day will come very soon. Taemin felt bad for making her angry. He thought it may be hard for Naeun to look after Snowball between her work and study, that's why he thought of getting him back but he forgot about her special affection towards Snowball before asking her. Naeun didn't talk with him till they come to trip.
 
In the trip, girls were given a room together, so Sulli, Krystal and Naeun share a room while boys stayed together in another room. Kai who got ready soon came for breakfast early. He got two plates, one for him and the other one for Taemin. He looked around for somebody to help him to get coffee as his hands are full. Krystal, who also came early for him, gladly came forward and helped him. Kai moved away without getting coffee cups from her which made her get sad and tears that she was hide from the day he stopped talking with her, rolled down from her eyes. She ran back to her room crying.
 
"Krystal" Naeun called her. She saw her running back to the room, so Naeun followed her, "Why are you crying?" she asked as she makes her turn and look at her. Krystal's face looks red and still, tears are rolling down from her cheeks.
 
"What happened?" Naeun asked again.
 
"He still avoids me, not talking with me," Krystal says as she cries. Naeun started laughing at her, she laughs as she rolls on the bed.
 
"Yah Son Naeun" Krystal called her angrily, "I'm crying but you are laughing at me. How cruel are you?" she said and took a pillow to beat her up.
 
"Krystal stop it" Naeun tries to defend her, she is still laughing, "Stop it, Listen to me" Naeun pulled her to sit on the bed.
 
"I'm laughing at my best friend who is crying for a person who she has fought with for half of her life," Naeun said. Krystal didn't reply and looked down. "Are you that much crazy about him?" she asked and again laughed. Krystal also got a small smile when she realized her change. "Why is he not talking with you?" she asked. Krystal immediately got straighten up and looked at Naeun. Krystal knew that if she says the reason, Naeun also will get upset on her, so she got nervous and thinks what to say her.
 
"Okay, that's between you. I don't want to know" Krystal got relief for Naeun's words, "But listen, if he is not talking with you, make him talk with you. I don't think so he will like you with this sad crying Krystal." Naeun said as she gets up from the bed and adjusts her dress looking at the mirror, "He will like Krystal who stands against her problem" she said. Naeun's words made Krystal get confident. Krystal looked one more time at Naeun before going out from the room.
 
"Go and get him, girl," Naeun said and smirked at Krystal.
 
Everybody started playing water games. Some girls were in shorts and boys showing their upper body. Krystal saw Kai with other female office staffs who tries to flirt with him. Kai, who just came up from his water diving, is wet and his sleeveless t-shirt got sticks to his body so that his cuts in the abdomen are seen. Some girls turned to see his body and few gathered some courage to talk with him.
 
"Aish...this idiot..." Krystal said when she saw him talking with those girls and walked towards him.
 
"Oh, I'm sorry Mina-ah," Krystal said to the girl, who she pushed into the water like an accident when Mina poses close with Kai to take a photo, others tried to help her. Krystal stopped when Kai moved to help her.
 
"Be careful next time Mina-ah?" Krystal said to her in a fake soft voice. Mina was angry and opened to reply Krystal but stopped knowing how Krystal will return with a reply that will embarrass her.
 
"Always remember you have a girlfriend," she said pointing at her to Kai when everybody left, "And be a good boy" she warned, pulled his t-shirt that was sticking to his abs and left the place after smirking at him. Kai's jaw dropped down because of her sudden change towards him.
 
"Taeminnie, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter