Reason

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Rule number 6- She must not let her guard down.

 

 

 

RM drove the two to V’s house. He explained to Jisoo that the lights went off because there was a shadow performance happening next.

 

But Jisoo told him someone ran after them. And she was certain about it.

 

Her instincts never lie. The man she saw there was following them.

 

RM left them and returned to the party.

 

“I’ll also leave now..” said Jisoo after making sure V came home safe.

 

She just wanted to see if someone followed them to his house.

 

V was still thinking about what happened before. Her lips are pictured in his mind that he can’t help thinking about them.

 

“Sir..” Jisoo snapped her fingers.

 

V was surprised.

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ll leave now..” she said again.

 

“Like that?” asked V. “How?”

 

What does he mean by like that and how? Jisoo was puzzled.

 

She was barefoot. She was wearing thin clothes and she had bruises on her knees and feet. 

 

“I’ll take a taxi.. there’s no need to worry Sir..” said Jisoo. 

 

“It’s almost midnight..” said V. “It’s too dangerous even if you are skilled in fighting..”

 

“But I can manage myself..” said Jisoo insisting. “I’ll send you a message once I get home..”

 

It seems like Jisoo can’t understand what V wants her to do.

 

“Still...” V looked irritated. “You cannot go home like that..”

 

“Then where am I supposed to go, Sir?” asked Jisoo. “Of course I need to go home and-..”

 

“I told you already that you can’t go anywhere like that!” said V shouting at her. “You look too beautiful that I’m afraid something might happen to you if you go out!”

 

Did he just say she’s beautiful? Too beautiful? 

Jisoo’s heart skipped a beat. There he goes again with his over the top compliments.. 

 

 

“I mean.. you’re dressed beautifully tonight and I’m just worried that- ..”

 

“Then where should I sleep?” asked Jisoo in a low voice. 

 

“Just sleep here..” said V. 

 

He just dared ask a spy to sleep in his house. What a courage this man has got!

 

There was silence for a few moments.

 

“Sit down” said V dragging her to the living room and making her sit.

 

He went to the bathroom and took a  basin to fill with warm water. 

 

“My feet are dirty Sir.. don’t-..”

 

V put her feet inside the basin and washed them thoroughly.

 

“I know they’re dirty that’s why I’m cleaning them right now..” said V. “Look at all these wounds on your feet and you also have bruises on your knees when you tripped..”

 

V dried her feet with a towel and put ointment on every little bruise on her feet and legs.

 

“Are you still cold? Why aren’t you taking your jacket off?” asked V seeing her face glittering with sweat. 

 

Jisoo took her jacket off. Her arms had several scars she got from all the missions she did.

She has never been ashamed of them but why is she feeling so small in front of him right now?

 

“I’m full of scars everywhere..” she said shyly. 

 

“Who cares about scars?” said V as he wipes her hands with a wet towel. “I also have one on my left leg.. I had it when I was 9 years old..”

 

Jisoo smiled. She knows he’s saying that so he won’t make her feel bad but the truth is he likes a woman with flawless skin just like Tzuyu.

 

Did she just think about what he likes and what he doesn’t like? 

 

“Do you remember that little girl I told you that I used to like before?” asked V. “I was trying to climb a tree to see her but I fell down and I got a huge wound from that..”

 

Jisoo laughed. She remembered someone who also fell from a tree in her elementary days.

 

“I guess all of us have similar stories Sir..” said Jisoo. 

 

 

Are their stories just similar? Are their memories just familiar? 

 

 

———————-

 

 

“You don’t need to let me sleep on your bed Sir..” Jisoo said. “I only need a blanket..”

 

V gave her a pair of his favorite pyjamas.

 

“Change into this and go to sleep..” he said. “Let me know if there’s anything you need..”

 

He was about to go out but Jisoo grabbed his arm.

 

“But Sir..”

 

“You were tired today..” he said pushing her slowly towards the bed. “You had to run barefoot because someone was chasing us.. it was very cold today yet you were wearing a short dress.. sleeping on bed is the right thing.. you should be comfortable at least.. I’m sure you would let me sleep on your bed if I were in your house too..”

 

Apart from the fact that she will never bring him to her house, she only owns a single bed in which she barely even fits and she’s sure he will never find it comfortable.

 

Jisoo agreed ultimately. 

 

“There are more blankets inside that cabinet so if you feel cold, just take another one from there..” said V pointing at the cabinet on the side of the room.

 

Jisoo’s eyes went to the Little Mermaid book on the side table.

 

“Don’t get me wrong..” said V. “It isn’t mine.. you must be thinking that I’m into fairy tales but I am not.. I swear”

 

Jisoo smiled. It was exactly what she thought when she first saw that days ago.

 

“You aren’t believing me?” V took the book. “Can’t you see this is old? This belongs to that girl I liked.. she dropped this on the day she disappeared....”

 

He paused for a second before continuing his sentence.

 

“that means it was today.. but 15 years ago..”

 

His voice became faint.

 

V had almost forgotten the fact that it was his parents’ death anniversary that day. 

 

“You should also rest Sir..” said Jisoo noticing the change of his expression. “Goodnight..”

 

V smiled at her before going out of the room.

 

He laid himself on the couch and started thinking of that day again. He probably couldn’t forget that little girl because of everything that happened that single day.

 

Sometimes he wonders if she’s still alive.. did she manage to escape from her kidnappers? Did she perhaps die that day?

 

If only he knew her name, he would ask someone to find out about her.

Maybe that little girl is just meant to be a part of his lonely childhood.. it might have been better that he never got to be friends with her.. because had she really died that same day, he would have been more depressed than he was when he learned about his parents’ death.

 

 

———————

 

 

What is this handsome smell this early in the morning? Jisoo already knows she isn’t in her house.

The feeling right now is warm and cozy unlike in her house where she doesn’t use the heater to save on her bills.

 

Ohh.. that’s right! She slept at V’s house. What a great feeling to wake up not gritting her teeth from the cold.

 

She looked at her phone and saw it was already 11 am! She must have slept very well in someone else’s bed!

 

She’s late for work! 

 

She quickly got up and tidied up his bed before going out of his room.

 

“I’m sorry Sir.. I overslept.. I didn’t mean to..” she said bowing her head. “You’re late for work now..”

 

“It’s Sunda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter