Ch. 6 - Slowly

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry to make everyone wait so long! Thank you for waiting, enjoy:'D

--

The Criminal Division of the Seoul Police re-investigation Section received a lot of appreciation from the public for solving the and murder case that took place in front of Kyungsan School. 

The prosecutor also received a lot of appreciation from the public for the success of the investigation and the entire discovery of astonishing evidence.

"As prosecutors, we will work following applicable law, prosecute with integrity, and send appropriate punishments." The chief prosecutor of the western Seoul region gave a speech in front of prosecutors who had gathered in front of the hall. "Our image that has been built up to now is certainly full of ups and downs and now society sees us as prosecutors who are full of responsibility and capability.."

When finished, the prosecutors walked out of the room. Ahyoung walked with Nara to the lobby, they both stopped when they saw the news on TV. Sehun was on the screen even though he just stood behind Nara's father who was giving a speech.

"This is a matter of pride for us police officers who always want to quell unrest in society..." Mr. Kwon delivered his speech in front of all reporters. "We certainly will not stop here and we will never be satisfied to dig into other cases-"

Both of them smiled a little, look at the same object.

"I know your lover is handsome, stop being so obvious." A man in his gray coat comes beside Nara. He gave a teased look and Nara's cheeks flushed. Ahyoung noticed that.

Nara crossed her arms and cleared . "Stop talking nonsense." She keeps her elegance.

"Why? Aren't you engaged?"

Nara looked at the screen TV, "He turned it down."

"You...were rejected?"

"Don't give me that look." Nara glared at him. "But, I am not giving up."

"Nara, I'll be going first.." Ahyoung turned to her. "I still have a lot to do."

Nara just looked at her. Ahyoung smiled and walked away. "Who is she? Yah, why don't you introduce me?" Nara ignored her friend and watched Ahyoung from behind, Nara wondered what she thought about Sehun. When she heard Ahyoung's answer that she still had feelings for Sehun made her shudder. 

Soon, Nara and Ahyoung will move to the western region Seoul prosecutor's office. That means that Ahyoung's heart will become easier while it won't be easy for Nara.

Today, Ahyoung plans to meet Minah. They will have lunch together at Ahyoung's favorite Japanese restaurant. Ahyoung looked at the clock in her hand, she was fifteen minutes late. She ran a little when she saw the elevator door was about to close. "Oh, wait!" She long-pressed the up button, she breathed a sigh of relief as the elevator doors opened again. "Sorry-" As if trapped in thick mud, her steps stopped when she saw the man in front of her.

"Will you come in or not?" Song Mino asked in his deep voice. His gaze still made her shudder a little. Ahyoung changed her expression quickly, she showed her tough side.

"I didn't expect to meet you here." Ahyoung got into the elevator, turned to face the door, and saw the floor number she was going to choose was already on. She glanced at him and pressed the door close button. "You never liked Japanese food."

"I'm not there for the food." 

They were silent, even though it was only seven floors but it felt very long. They haven't spoken since eleven years ago. Since she only cried in front of him and said that he was a coward. But, a little deep inside she was still keeping a good side about him because at that time he tried to save her from a man who would also shoot bullets at her. 

"When I saw you at your home at a party, I'm surprised you're still as charming as ever." Mino began. "You're still beautiful."

"Thank you."

It was a relief for the elevator to arrive on the seventh floor. They glanced at each other silently and Ahyoung stepped out first, she was uncomfortable around Mino for too long.

As she walked in, she could feel Mino walking behind her. "My friends are waiting inside.” Ahyoung said quickly before the restaurant staff asked. She walked in, noticed Minah waving her hand to her.

"Look who's behind me!" Ahyoung whispered quickly. "Not now. More naturally-" Ahyoung reminded her before Minah glanced.

Minah pretended to drop the tissue then slowly looked at who Ahyoung meant. "Song Mino?" She drops her jaw and looked at Ahyoung who glared at her to keep her voiced lower. "What is he doing here?"

Ahyoung took out her cellphone and chat with Minah.

 I met him in the elevator.

Mina stared in surprise at Ahyoung. She started typing, crazy! then did you guys chat?

Just small talk. Ahyoung shrugged  

Minah remains shocked, she was remembering their tragedy together in the past. Minah hated him even more since then. In the end, they forgot the topic about Mino for a moment, Minah was more interested in the topic about her and Sehun.

"Isn't your romance boring? You always revolve around the past man. Look for the new-" Minah snickered.

"Still, it makes me flutter." Ahyoung put her glass down. "It's like I keep discovering something new that I never feel again for a long time."

Minah became a little annoyed, "Then why are you acting like you didn't affect by him when you talk like you are in love with him in front of me."

"I don't know." Ahyoung sighed. "Why am I like that to him..." 

"Are you still disappointed in him?"

"No, that's not it." Ahyoung leaned her back. "I just-" She looked at Minah, she doesn't know how to describe it. "I'm not ready."

"You will never be ready if you don't try to live it." Minah swung her spoon. "You think people do things because they're ready? No. It was because they were curious about what would happen if they did."

Ahyoung rolls her eyes.

"Just not with Sehun," Minah warned.

Ahyoung paused for a moment then looked at Minah. "Why?"

"The man who left you once could leave you again many times."

Ahyoung refused to believe that. They were very young to understand every emotion. They didn't see each other for a long time and things changed.

After lunch, they parted ways in the basement parking. Ahyoung sighs after Minah's car leave. She walked to her car and found Mino standing in front of the car door, she looked over at him.

"Hasn't it been a long time since we talked?" Mino said.

"I have to go to the office." 

"Let's talk on the way to your office. I'll drive for you.."

After thinking for a moment, Ahyoung accepted the offer. Ahyoung didn't hear much about Mino while she was in New York. She only knew he was living a successful career thanks to his father. 

"I guess you're not as bad as I heard.” Mino started the conversation as the car left the building. "You look fine."

"Not as good as you." She quipped. "I wonder how you can still live your life."

Mino glanced at her, smirked. "You still don't like me... always,"

Ahyoung throws her eyes out of the window. "You're a good reader." 

"Do you know how to live life without burdens?" Mino glanced at her. "Pretend nothing happened and forget everything."

Ahyoung smirked a bit, "You're not human."

"I speak for your good."

"You're just talking to convince yourself that it's true." Ahyoung turned to him, the veins on his neck hardened as he swallowed. "You haven't changed." There was a slight snort as she looked back ahead.

Mino smiled, not saying anything. He stuck the gas even faster. They didn't speak until the car was parked in front of the Seoul police agency building.

"Thanks, you can leave the car with me."

Ahyoung was waiting for Mino to unlock the door.

"Despite everything, I want to say that I am glad you are alive," Mino said it to her eyes. Ahyoung saw that it was ridiculous to hear. But, still, Mino was the same as her. They were not worthy even to walk in this world. "Just keep it to yourself." 

They looked at each other for a moment then Mino unlocked the car door. He turned and got out of the car, Ahyoung did the same. 

"It must be hard to be here, you must be trying to figure out everything." Mino walked over to Ahyoung and giving her car keys. "It's weird that your father put you in a place like this."

Ahyoung didn't think so. Her father knew she wouldn't be able to control herself if she found out about the case. She couldn't do it. But, lately, she has started to think things over.

The small dirt on Ahyoung's cheek made Mino slowly pick it up with his finger. Ahyoung was just looked at him, then she glanced to the side where Mr. Yoon's team just got out of the car.

They looked at Ahyoung in wondering eyes and Sehun's face could now be seen between them.

Ahyoung turned her eyes to Mino. "I'm leaving now then." Mino lowered his hand and put it in his pocket. "Don't worry about your life because of someone dead." He rolled his eyes then stepped ahead.

Ahyoung was disbelief that, he just triggered her anxiety. As held the trembling in her hands, she turned around at his back. "Keep those words to yourself!" She didn't scream, but the words were stern and audible. Mino just raised his hand and showed his two fingers to form a V at her. 

"Kim Yura?!" Ahyoung took a breath quickly and brought the mood back with her when everyone called her. She turned around at them, "Hey-" 

She gasped when Sehun just one step in front of her, the tension on her shoulder loosened.

Sehun's gaze was straight on Mino even though he wasn't sure who with her.

"Uuu...was that your boyfriend?" Sera asked with a meaningful look.

"No, it just—"

"Isn't he the son of the mayor of Seoul?" Hyukjae casually replied in the middle of the conversation.

Song Mino. Sehun became sure it was him. 

"What are you all doing, isn't it a lot of work?" Mr. Yoon walked past them, glaring at them one by one. Sera immediately gave a respectful nod, Jiyoon chuckled, and walked first. "Let's go.." Hyukjae sighed heavily and walked quickly after Mr. Yoon. But, Sehun was still there.

"Are you all right?" Sehun asked as looked down at her. Sehun's cool and sweet gaze made Ahyoung smile, he was still a warm person and the difference was that now he looks like he only saw her.

"Yes." She didn't dislike that but why did her words still sound cold to him.

"That's okay then." Sehun walked fast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter