Ch. 9 - The Words of I Love You

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blue letter that she kept in her desk drawer, she read again. 

To Kim Ahyoung in the past.
Are you still there and staring at me? If so...do it. I want you to keep doing it because now it's hard to get that kind of gaze from you again.
You're right, we're not together now. I think I ended it badly. I, who was not aware of my own feelings at that time... was very stupid.
All the words I kept in my heart ... when I was happy to see you, when I was worried about you and when I really fell in love with you ... I wish I could tell you at that time when my time was only about you.
The funny thing is ... you know? The only person who can't forget is me, not you. You are still the same, your smile, your laughter and your jokes even your stubbornness. Surprisingly, they are all the same. What's different is, you're not Ahyoung who loves me anymore. 
And I want to say that... I miss you, I miss you.

Ahyoung's fingers gently touched the writing on the paper. She smiled a little then keep the letter back in the drawer with another letter.

Ahyoung sat on the sofa next to the window, remembering the incident at the port, and somehow her right hand was still shaking, so she held it tight and squeezed it.

She checked her cellphone which got a KakaoTalk notification. It's Sehun 

Have you arrived home? 
Yes. You?
No, I have to go to the office with the team for a meeting

Ahyoung thought about what words she should reply to but Sehun sent her another chat.
             You must be tired today, so get some rest.
             Yes, thank you.


Sehun was still sitting there as everyone left the meeting room. Mr. Yoon glanced at him in wonder, "What are you thinking?"

"Ahyoung told me everything," Sehun replied.

Mr. Yoon stared at him. Sehun continued, "That day someone brought her there because of me." 

Mr. Yoon raised his eyebrows, "What are you saying?"

"I told you that on Christmas Eve, Jiyoon brought an important file on drug trafficking involving my father. I plan to meet her and we turn it over to the police together." Sehun continued, "but it failed because Jiyoon had an accident, so many people crowded around and at that time the file she was carrying was lost."

"So, do you mean Ahyoung was in that building because of you?"

Sehun told what he heard from Ahyoung to Mr. Yoon. They both stared at each other then Mr. Yoon looked away, looking not surprised. "You already know about this?" Sehun asked.

"If I didn't know, I wouldn't say that this case wasn't just a fire." Mr. Yoon sighed. "Well, although I don't know for sure what the actual conditions were when it happened I know that there was a murder there and I know who was involved."

"Then, why are you keeping quiet?" Sehun glared at him.

"I'm not silent, I'm forced to shut up." Mr. Yoon bluff. He drew closer to Sehun's face then whispered, "Look, you think it's easy to reveal a case involving officials of this country? Even involving our chairman?"

"Kim Ahyoung is official witness to this incident. We can reinvestigate with her testimony." 

"Then do you think her father, the prime minister, would just let his daughter just face us and sit down to tell us how the mayor got someone to kill and her father covered it all up?" 

Knock. Knock

Mr. Yoon pulled himself away quickly and turned toward the door. Nara stood there with a face full of relief, "Are you two okay? I heard the news." Nara walked over to them and sat beside Sehun then pulled his chair to face her. "You are okay?" She was holding Sehun's face which had several wounds.

Sehun nodded. "I am okay."

Nara narrowed her eyes, "Really? I heard you got closer to the truck that was about to explode."

Sehun looked away, reluctant to respond then looked at Nara who was carrying her prosecutor's uniform and several folders. "Do you have a trial?"

Nara put down her hand and looked at the things in her hand, "Ng, I'll be there in a moment."

Knock. Knock

They turned to the door and looked at Ahyoung was standing there. Sehun straightened up, "You are here?"

"Oh, you are here." Nara smiled briefly. Ahyoung greeted them politely then walked inside to Nara, "Sorry I'm late."

Sehun's eyes did not take them off from looking at Ahyoung, "Didn't I tell you to rest?"

Ahyoung looked at him in confusion, she couldn't reply. Nara cleared and took the flash drive from her bag, "It's a weekday, it's weird if she doesn't come."

"She was with me last night when it happened," Sehun says. He looked at Ahyoung, "You have to let her rest."

Nara glanced at Ahyoung and looked at Sehun, "How did you guys get together there?" 

"I am at-"

"We bumped into each other by accident," Ahyoung said quickly before Sehun. "So we went there with my car because he had to hurry." She didn't want people to think strangely about them at this time.

Nara glanced at the two of them then said, "Well, she's going to be a prosecutor, she has to get used to things like that." She gave the flash drive to Ahyoung. "When it's finished, send it to Prosecutor Han's office."

Ahyoung took it with her left hand as Sehun noticed her trembling right hand squeezed the cloth lightly as if she holding it. He noticed that too when Ahyoung was waiting for him while sitting in the ambulance and on the way home in the car, she kept holding her trembling right hand.

"Then I'll go first." Nara stood up. "Ah," She stopped and turned to Sehun, "Don't forget tonight, today is the 20th. I'll go—"

Sehun didn't say anything until Nara walked out of the room and he changed his view to Ahyoung. "Are you really okay?” Sehun asked.

Ahyoung looked at him, "Hm, I'm fine." She gave a tiny smile. "Then I'll go." She hurried out of the room. She stopped by the toilet and washed her hands, she felt herself calm but her right hand was still shaking. She sighed and dried her hands with a tissue.

When she came out of the toilet, she found Sehun standing there, she stopped, hiding her right hand behind her back and they stare at each other. 

Sehun smiled then asked, "Do you do a lot of work today?" 

Ahyoung chewed her lips, "Mm. Yes, I think so.." she smiled, "Why?"

"Can I pick you up later?"

Ahyoung's eyes shifted to the side in thought, "Aren't you resting today? You have a meeting right after you leave the port." She looked back at Sehun and she changed her mind quickly and said, "But... if you're not tired, you can..." Ahyoung hesitated a little. ".. I mean can you pick me up?"

Sehun's smile widened, "Yes." He answered firmly. "I can pick you up."

Ahyoung nodded. "Okay."

"Then..." Sehun walked slowly towards the toilet while looking at her, "..see you later."

Ahyoung turned around while looking at him and nodded again. "Okay." She smiled faintly and walked away while Sehun still saw her back, smiling, he was very happy.


Ahyoung finished her work at seven in the evening. She turned off her computer and then checked her cellphone. Sehun texted her that he was waiting for her in front of the office, so she hurried over.

Ahyoung walked forward after getting out of the elevator, she could see him waited in front of the office while sitting on his motorbike, he was seen smiling then a woman came up to him with a blushing smile while carrying something in her hand.

"Detective Oh."

Ahyoung slowed down and stood in front of the lobby door and listened to the conversation. The woman seemed to like him and wanted to give him a gift. However, he looked uncomfortable and ignored it. It made Ahyoung think of the past. He's still the same about things like this. That's what she thought 

"Eh-" Sehun, who had a stiff face to the woman, turned bright towards Ahyoung. He glanced at the woman standing by his motorcycle, gave a slight nod politely, and walked off towards Ahyoung. "Have you finished work?"

Ahyoung nodded and she glanced at the woman who walked away with embarrassment. "Shall we go now?" Sehun asked.

"Ng."

Ahyoung followed Sehun, he suddenly stopped and turned to her. "Mm. What if..." he gave her a slightly anxious look. ".. if we go to dinner?"

"Um, let's go," Ahyoung said yes without having to think about it.

"Okay, let's go." Sehun smiled happily and took Ahyoung's helmet. "...Steak? Pasta? Ramen? I know a good ramen shop, and it tastes similar to what we used to like to eat."

Ahyoung noticed Sehun who talk a lot. He stood in front of her to put on her helmet, "So what do you want to eat?"

Ahyoung looked at him. "I like them all." 

Sehun snorted with amusement. "You like them all?" He hooked her helmet strap, glanced at her, giggled softly. "If I think about it, I only know you like ramen. Do you still like it? Or did your tastes change after living in New York?" 

"Mm.." She rolled her eyes back to him. "Then, let's just eat ramen."

"Okay."

Sehun got on his motorbike and started the engine. Ahyoung got up behind him, she still put her hand on his shoulder then slowly her hand down to his waist with a little hesitation. He turned his head, "Just hold it..." 

Ahyoung became embarrassed when Sehun said it, it was like he knew her thoughts. "I'll hold onto you just to be safe.." She explained clumsily as she clutched his jacket.

"Okay, let's go.." 

Ahyoung just wanted to have fun today. She didn't want to think about anything and just talked to him and they could laugh. She would just be herself and relax. It was fine because there was him with her.

"...Are you surprised?" They sit at the bar table, Sehun opened his leather jacket and Ahyoung's eyes looked around. "Ng. I think the ramen we used to eat is really closed. I didn't think they'd reopened their restaurant-" 

"Actually, this shop just opened again a month ago and it is his son who manages it." 

"Whoa..really?"

Sehun smiled and gave Ahyoung the menu book, "Choose whatever, I'll treat."

Ahyoung squinted at him, "Sssh...I didn't know you were so generous now." 

Sehun his head to the side, and pointed at her. "Did you forget? When we first ate this ramen, I was the one who treat you." The smirk on his side of his lips made her just stare at him. He leaned his back and shot the disappointment out of his eyes. "So you don't remember?"

Ahyoung stopped staring at him and looked at the menu, "Sure, I remember. I'm just teasing you—"

Sehun snorted and gave her a sneer. Ahyoung chuckled and they started ordering. 

"Sorry, but can we take a picture of you? We'll put it on the photo board by the door." The staff asked after taking their order. Sehun and Ahyoung looked at each other then looked back at the staff, "Oh, sure.."

The staff shot a Polaroid camera at them and prepared to take their picture. "Okay, one ... two ... three—"

Photo paper came out of the Polaroid camera. "You two want to see it?"

Ahyoung looked at Sehun, smiled, and took the photo. The staff was called by other staff, he left the photo with them for a moment. 

"It feels unreal, it's like we just met yesterday. We are getting old now-" Ahyoung muttered.

Suddenly, Sehun took out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter