Ch. 14 - By Your SIde

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Morning News. 


There has been a traffic accident in front of Taehong plaza. A truck, suspected of having failed brakes, hit a car driven by a woman suspected of being a journalist. But, surprisingly through the street CCTV camera, the woman got out of the car and ran. West Incheon Police is investigating this accident as well as the departure of the alleged victim named Yun Dayeon.


Sehun, who was chatting with Jiyeon about the motorcycle gang arrest case in Gwangju, immediately stopped paying attention to the broadcast on television. 

"Ah, isn't known as Dyeka." Sera muttered. 

"You know her?" Jiyoon asked.

"Rumor has it that she always gets important information in this country. She is smart in looking for exclusive information, she can do anything for it but her career suddenly fades. She no longer releases any exclusive news and her name has disappeared."

"Why?"

Sera frowned. "Mm...I don't know. She is a journalist who is considered a senior, not many people really know about her, even though they are a journalist."

Meanwhile, Sehun stood restlessly. His mind was blank. After returning to his senses, he handed the sheet to Jiyoon and took his motorbike key. "I have to go." 

"Eh-hey, Where are you going? We have to go to the prosecutor's office!" Jiyoon reminded him with a confused look. 

"We'll meet there later," Sehun replied as he walked out quickly. 

Jiyoon looked at captain Yoon who just kept quiet. 

Mr. Yoon gave her a calmed look. "Let him." 

"Captain..." Jiyoon complained irritably. "He always does whatever he likes. Doesn't he have a team? " 

Mr. Yoon hints at her to calm down and glances at Mr. Gongmo's team. Jiyoon let out a deep breath, easing her emotions after catching the second unit team's gaze. 

"You always easy with him."


Sehun arrived at the accident scene. He got off the motorbike and saw the side of the red jeep crushed. He tries to look at the police officers who were there and found Detective Jang. "Detective Jang..."

"Eh? Sunbae. Why you are here?" Detective Jang looks happy to see his senior there. Sehun took the opportunity to ask permission to enter the inside of the police guardrail. Of course, as a junior, detective Jang did not say not to him.

"This is weird. She ran out of the car as if someone was chasing her." Detective Jang accompanies Oh Sehun as he observes the scene. Sehun has also watched CCTV footage from Taehong Plaza security. He saw that Dyeka got out of the car in a hurry even though she got hurt. 

"Have you contacted ATCS?" Sehun asked.

Detective Jang nodded. "We are still waiting for the results. She shouldn't be far from here considering her condition. We also contact the nearest clinic and hospital if they have an accident patient.”

Sehun glanced around and get out of the security room. He walked down to the scenes and looked around. The pastry shop on the corner got his attention. He saw the CCTV camera in front of the shop and asked the shop owner to show him the CCTV footage. 

Sehun watched the CCTV footage that captured the accident intently. 

"Stop."

The shop owner paused the recording quickly. 

"Can you slowly repeat this part?" 

Sehun got a man down from another car and ran towards Dyeka's car. He banged on her car door, telling him to open the door but strangely, she got out of the passenger seat door and ran as brought her bag.

The man looked frustrated after she ran out. As he seemed to want to chase after her, his car got honked by another car behind that he has to quickly got in the car and left. "Can you zoom in the license plate of the man's car" 

Sehun got his number plate then went to Jaehwan's. He called Haneul to tell him to find out where the car came from. He also tried to call Dyeka but was not answered. 

"Are you sure that person is Dyeka?" Jaehwan came with a cup of coffee.

"Of course. I've met her and she's in the same car. I got the CCTV footage of the crash too." 

Jaehwan sat beside him and sighed. "Isn't this surprising? She got accident after meeting you and you threatened with being fired from the police force." 

Not long, Haneul called him and gave information that it was a rental car. Not much was gained from that, Sehun had to make sure to go to a car rental place to find out who rented the car. He feels sure that he will get something from there.

"Sehun." Jaehwan looked at him in wonder. "Aren't you taking this old case too seriously? We can't even say that it was exactly what we imagined it to be." 

"The female student who was reported to have died there is Jihye." Sehun told Jaehwan in serious face.

Jaehwan looked at him in confusion. 

"The unidentified corpse found there is Jihye." 

"W-what are you saying?" Jaehwan still not get his information.

"Song Jihye do not commit suicide. She was killed there."

Jaehwan chocked, "Are you sure?"

"I have to investigate this case," Sehun said sincerely.

"W-well, but... how did you know?" 

"Do you remember what Haneul said? Kim Ahyoung is a witness. She told me. She saw everything that happened that night." Jaehwan was in shock, loss of words. 

Sehun continued, "She saw everything. The incident when Jihye was killed.”

Jaehwan swallowed hard, "Jihye was killed right in front of her?" He stammered. 

Sehun nodded and said, “Don’t tell anyone about this. We have to be careful as investigating this case.”

"Then—" Jaehwan still in shock and staring at Sehun in disbelief. "Whose body was buried in Jihye's name? And have you checked the forensic results of the corpse in the Yongwon's case?"

"I'm still looking for it."

Jaehwan was still flabbergasted as let out a breath. "This is really...crazy." 

"I need your help so please keep this a secret." Sehun looked at him with a pleading look. Of course, Jaehwan will certainly help him. Even though they weren't close in high school, their friendship and Haneul's were well developed after graduation. 

"Just tell me what you need."


Ahyoung was still there until Jihye's mother stopped crying. She looked down, she didn't dare to look at her face that full of pain at the loss of her daughter. 

Jihye's mother wiped her tears and get up as hold to the chair. "You can go now."

Ahyoung lowered her head deeper, swallowed, then opened . "I am really--" 

"Just go." 

Ahyoung was still silent and that makes Jihye's mother growl. "Don't you hear me? I said go, go away from here!" Her voice swelled. 

Trembling, Ahyoung quickly stood up and bowed deeply then looked at the messy look on her face. 

They looked at each other in mixed feelings. Ahyoung couldn't say anything other than showing a regretful face. Jihye's mother turned her head away and Ahyoung walked out with a big hole in her heart. 

Her cell phone in her bag kept ringing. Nara told her to get some files from her office in the western prosecutor's office and meet her in court. 

"Yes, I am on the way there." Ahyoung's voice was disappeared slowly because she felt tight and nauseous. She immediately ran to a trash can and threw up. 

(Are you okay?) Nara's voice could still hear.

Ahyoung threw up once more then heaved a sigh of relief. "I am okay. I'm going there now-" 

To the office and the court, Ahyoung continued to take deep breaths. She tried to control herself even though her mind was racing. She was unable to concentrate during Nara's trial. 

The joint prosecutor and police team were ended today. Teams get together at the Seoul police station and say goodbye to each other. Even so, they still had to finish their final report today and be sent to the central prosecutor's office tomorrow morning. 

Ahyoung didn't see Sehun at the office and because of her busy mind, she didn't even pay attention to him and realized that his seat was still empty. Sehun didn't even call her. However, she didn't think much of it.

Ahyoung blinked on paper in her hand as feel dizzy. She took a breath, looked at the clock that was already at 9 pm, and looked out the office that just has Jiyoon there who fell asleep. Jiyoon was also busy because she has to finish her final report. 

Ahyoung put down the paperwork then leaned her back while closing her eyes slowly. She suddenly wakes with a jolt and jerk of the body. She opened her eyes quickly in startled and found Sehun sat in front of her.

Sehun glanced at her with a smile. "Are you awake?" 

Ahyoung looked at him in flustered then let out her breath with a smile. "How long have you been here?" 

"Long enough to watch you are sleep.”

She looked at her watch, “Oh, it’s half-past eleven already?" She wakes up fully and looking for Jiyoon. “Where’s Jiyoon Eonnie?”

“I told her to back home and took her place in completing this report." He showed his paperwork.

She sighed and looked at all her paperwork. "Ah, I have to finish this quickly. I have to hand this over tomorrow morning." 

Sehun smiled, "Want me to make some coffee?" 

Ahyoung looked at him doubtfully, "Is it okay?" 

Sehun chuckled, "Whatever for my girlfriend."

Ahyoung looked at him as giggles then watched him went out to the water dispenser in thought. She was unsure where to talk or not about what had happened this morning. 

Sehun back to her room with two cups of coffee and sat in front of her. 

"Thanks." Ahyoung took her coffee from him.

Sehun took a sip of his coffee and looked at Ahyoung. "How's your last day?" Sehun asked. 

"Hm, I went to the court, say goodbye to the team, and do this all day." She was referring to the task at her desk.

"So that's why you didn't call me?" 

Sehun's gaze made her get a little intimidated. "Jiyoon said you were investigating outside." She said and added again after he seems not satisfied with her answer.

"You don't like being disturbed at work." 

Sehun was still staring at her.

She flustered, "What?"

"I want you to call me." 

"Then why didn't you call me?" 

Sehun got back his face in hurt. "You do really not check your phone."

Ahyoung raised her eyebrows and reached for her phone. She checked the missed calls and Sehun's name was there. He called her when she was at Jihye's mom's place. She glanced up at him and put her phone down. "You'd call me."

Sehun smirked, "I told you."

Ahyoung smiled as feel bad. "So, what are you investigating today?" She wrinkles her face. "Is it tiring? You've been gone almost all day." 

Sehun thought about the answers which he should tell her or not but her words this morning made him doubt. He didn't want to talk about it now either. "Just an ordinary accident case." 

"Really?"

Sehun nodded. "Hm. That's why I quickly came here. I want to check on my girlfriend's last day here." 

"You took over the reports to accompany me here?" Ahyoung asked with adores in her eyes.

Sehun just looked at her without answered then started checking his files as sulking, "Ah, I have to finish this soon. I miss my girlfriend suddenly."

"Geez. Then asked her to go out"

"Let's go out at midnight then," Sehun asked quickly at her.

"Midnight?" 


It was midnight. They were in the car, listening to music on the radio and driving around the town streets. Sehun holds her hand as he talked about his police academy's days. "I can't admit it that I decided to apply for training scholarships in New York to see you," Sehun said. "I just make sure myself that I go there for comparative study and get my certificate." 

Ahyoung just keeps listening to him. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter