Ch. 3 - Little Do You Know

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's question made Ahyoung stunned for a moment. He looked at her intently till she finally said, "Yes." She took a little sip of her hot chocolate. 

Ahyoung raised her face, "Why did you suddenly bring this up?"

"I just...wonder." He didn't have any evidence either about what Haneul was talking about. But, he knows she was hiding something. He just had felt like that...

"Actually.." Sehun changes his mind. "I heard about it, the Yongwon building fire case...was that you...?" He hesitated. 

Ahyoung's heart raced in restlessness. She holds the glass tight, she never thought he would talk about that day. Her eyes twitched in an instant, she wanted fresh air in her lungs. "H-how do you..?" She couldn't finish her question.

Sehun was staring into her eyes. He knows she was going to shed tears if she opened again. He looked at her hands that stiff, "Did something happen that day?" He asked carefully. 

Ahyoung tried hard to held back the tears like she didn't want to show her weakness. She hangs open, "Yes, but—" she swallowed, "It has nothing to do with you." She said softly.

"That day you beg me to come..." He continues. "Why?"

She was staring at him, bracing herself. The side of her lips turned up, "Even if I tell you, you still won't be able to turn back the clock to come to me then."

Sehun looks confused. 

Ahyoung was dragged into her emotional space as the incident was clearly reflected in her mind again. She began again, "I beg you." She said softly. "Why didn't you come then?"

"You know that-"

"I beg you desperately." 

Sehun couldn't say any words when her gaze turned cold. Ahyoung realized, she shouldn't say things like that to him. She blinked, looked down for a moment then turned at his face again, "Whatever happened to me since that day since you didn't decide to come to see me... it's none of your business. So, there's nothing else you need to find out."

Sehun looked hurt and sorry for what she said. "Can't you talk to me like you used to? Even the little things that you get excited about-"

If she stared at him any longer, drowning in the warm sea of ​​his eyes, her heart might be shaken. She drops her heads, "I am sorry." She looked up, "I think I have to go now." She stood up and he was. "Then, why did you show your face again in front of me?" He stopped her. "You shouldn't enter my circle, you should know I was there too."

"I didn't want it," Ahyoung replied. "I never thought of showing my face or even looking at you."

"Then don't do that." He said. "Don't do that because that suffocates me!" He raised his voice. 

There was nothing Ahyoung could say other than stare at him. She bites her lips, shrugged, "Let's be clear..." She was paused for a moment then she continues, "You and I, we can't start over new..."

They stare at each other emotionally. Ahyoung glanced to the other side and went still before she took a step. The two people standing there made her automatically take a step back.

"Yura?" Jiyoon walked towards her in excitement from behind Sehun's father and Sunghee. Ahyoung locked eyes with Mr. Oh and Sunghee for quite a while. The two of them were shocked and couldn't even move.

"Y-you—" Sunghee feels her breath was stopped at the moment. 

Ahyoung looked away in confusion. She held her head in dizzy, her chest tightness, she had to leave before panicking attacked her. "I am sorry but I have to go now." She tried to say it clearly as her voice choked up.

"Where are you going?" Suddenly Mr. Oh talks to her. "You're Sehun's friend so you can be here too." The voice made her back to when Sehun's dad asked her to talk and took her to that place. And, when she begged him to help her...

Sehun looked away, the tension muscles were still there. Without more words, Ahyoung just gave a bow without looked at them and walked quickly out, ignoring Jiyoon who called her.

Ahyoung walked quickly and turned right into an alley, held her chest, and leaned against the wall. "It's okay...you will be okay.." she talked to herself as focus on her breathing, breath calmly and slowly. "You will be okay..this will pass in a minute." She shut her eyes for a while and opened it again. 

When Ahyoung turned slowly to the other side, she looked at Sehun was standing there blankly. She felt paralyzed at that moment, she hoped Sehun didn't see her at that time.

Sehun's face was full of questions. Ahyoung gathering her voice to out, "What are you doing here?"

"This.." he showed her car keys. "Your car keys.."

Ahyoung swallowed hard, she came to him to get her car keys. "Give it to me." She said it quickly.

"I will take you home." He changed his mind after seeing her in a trembling voice. She looked doubtful and he added, "I will no longer interfere in your business after this."

Ahyoung was silent for a moment, even so, she knew she wouldn't be able to drive alone. So, she let Sehun drive her home. Ahyoung let Sehun bring her car back with him and Sehun didn't refuse but what the difference was he didn't show up at her house the next day like before.

That day, Sunghee will certainly never forget it. The day she saw Ahyoung lying helplessly among the flames. If only she had not followed her father, she would not have been caught in a situation that would imprison her with both fear and guilt. 

On that day, she was just about to go to the bar where she worked but she stopped by Jiyoon's flat first to return the dress she borrowed and she heard Jiyoon having a phone conversation with Sehun in front of her door. Jiyoon told Sehun that she just found an important file that Sehun's father had hidden in the train station locker and she planned to leave it up to the head of her team.

Without thinking, Sunghee went to find his father. She returned to her apartment but her father was not there, then she found her father with Ahyoung in front of the ramen shop and they walked away together. 

In the empty building, Sunghee hesitated to come inside. She was nervous and thought about contacting Sehun but she also didn't want her father to be caught by Jiyoon. Then, flames appeared from all corners of the building and made her run inside. She screamed when she saw someone fall to the ground and while shaking, she came closer and her father came down in rushed. She was surprised to found who was lying there. She walked over there in fright, "What are you doing? What's happened here?" She saw Ahyoung's eyes open slowly and looked at them expectantly. At that time she thought horribly about her father, what if her father hurt her, she could not think but to run over there and help her but she was helpless when her father dragged her away, she was afraid, worried and didn't know what to do at that moment.

"Look at me." Mr. Oh held her face and force her to stare at him. "I didn't do that. You have to believe me."

Sunghee cried loudly at that time, she shook her head, "What if she dies there? We are the same as killing her." She sobbed as she said that. But, at that time Mr. Oh assures her they weren't wrong and if the police find out he's there too, he's in big trouble too. Seeing how her father begged in front of her and promised that he would live a better life softened her heart. She thought, as long as no one knows and only the two of them know. It was okay...but it was not that okay.

"Sunghee?"

Sunghee snapped out of her reverie after Jiyoon tapped her on the shoulder. "Ng?" Sunghee turned at Jiyoon.

"What's wrong?" Jiyoon asked. "Quick, we have to put up this poster in front of the restaurant." Jiyoon walked out with a few scrolls of posters. 

When they put up a poster together on the wall, Sunghee brought up about Sehun and Ahyoung which Jiyoon had read about from her. "Why didn't you tell me they are now in an office?" 

Jiyoon smiled, "It's no big deal. They were friends for a long time, after all. "

"Still, you have to tell me.."

"Why?" 

Sunghee flustered, "No, it just...I'm worried that Sehun will get hurt again." 

Jiyoon remembered about the letter that Sunghee thrown back then, she didn't know what that made Sunghee did that far. "Didn't you get excited when Sehun and Ahyoung were together?" Jiyoon asked.

Sunghee laughed in awkward, "Me? That was back then, and anyways Sehun didn't really like Ahyoung back then so I don't want to force him."

"You're wrong." Jiyoon shook her head. "Sehun really liked Ahyoung. I know that since the beginning I saw him with her."

Sunghee was quiet and Jiyoon continues, "Sehun's emotions have never been affected by anyone, except Ahyoung."

"But, they broke up a long time ago. He also dated others several times, that might change." Sunghee said.

"Geez." Jiyoon snickered. "He just dates to the girl that benefits him in the investigation."

"Wasn't Ahyoung chasing him? He can also like other girls who are chasing him too." 

Jiyoon couldn't reply and she thought that love like destiny, we cannot run away or escape from it and we can be stuck forever.

On the cold floor in her room, Ahyoung lay facing sideways while looking straight ahead. Sehun's question repeated in her head, then his father's face brought her back to the time when she asked for his help desperately.

 "I told you that you shouldn't forget that day.." Jihye lay beside her. "If you forget it then you forget me too who died in front of you." Jihye looked into Ahyoung's eyes.

The tears running down to the floors. "Did you forget me?" Jihye asked.

Ahyoung shook her head slowly. "Want me to show you again?" Jihye smiled and her head was shot then she was disappeared as Ahyoung screamed in silence, her body was trembling because her crying was getting stifling. Like being trapped in mud, she tried to get out but it just only drags her deeper.

And life just follows their plan. She had to get through the night and wake up as if it never happened.

And just like he said, Sehun stopped dealing with her. He left her car keys on her desk. He has become nonchalant with her these days, doesn't talk to her, and does more investigations outside the office. Even when they made eye contact, he looked away casually like it wasn't affected him. 

Ahyoung chose not to think about it, that was her choice to closed the door for him. Now, she just focuses on the case that she handles and the studio she just worked on.

Ahyoung was now standing behind the glass investigation room. In there, Sehun was interviewing a witness to a murder one year ago but the witness changed his testimony. "At that time you came to me that I had to imprison your brother. Why did you change your testimony now?" Sehun was staring at a skinny boy with a pale face. The boy named Yoju, he looked down in a trembling voice. "I... don't remember clearly the event." His eyes were shudders. "I don't remember well.." he repeated it.

Sehun growled. "You told me that Heesun was your friend and she's dating your brother. Are you trying to protect your brother?"

Yoju swallowed. "I am sorry."

"I don't need your apologies. You said you have proof that Heesun didn't commit suicide but someone killed her. Then, where is the evidence now?"

Yoju just said that it was a very dark night so he didn't see very well, and Heesun had drowned in the lake. "You think you can still live after this?" Sehun smirked. "You choose to be a loser who can't save your friend even if she's de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter