Ch. 4 - Tell Me

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me take this girl. I know her!" 

A man in a brown leather jacket forced closer to Ahyoung who was sleeping on the bar table. A staffed bar tried to block him and said someone was coming here to pick her up.

But, that man didn't want to hear that staff. "You don't know who I am? I can buy this bar if I want!" The man pushed the staff down and then touched her shoulder. "Let's go home dear-" He said gently.

Sehun who was watching that walked quickly towards him, "Hey, don't touch her!" Sehun giving that man a glared.

The man looked over at him in questioning. "Who are you?"

Sehun showed his police ID card, "I'm from the Seoul Police. Please step aside before I catch you for kidnapping a woman at the bar." Sehun really wanted to hit the face of the man who touched Ahyoung but he knew that he would only get into trouble at the office.

"Tsk." That man couldn't say anything and just staring sharply at Sehun as he walked away.

Sehun turned at her face and looked at her for a moment then told the staff that he was the man who in the phone. A bar staff helped him to lift Ahyoung onto his back and give him her bag.

"Has she already paid for the drink?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, every customer here pays first after placing an order." The staff led them to the door and Sehun thanked him before left.

Sehun was standing on the side of the road, it's very late and no taxis have passed. He glanced at Ahyoung's face that resting on his shoulder, "I told you not to drink alone.." Sehun remembered the conversation between her and Kris. What really happened to you? He wonders. It shocked him when heard she yelled at Kris, he could feel the pain of hers. It made him wonder what she had been through in the past eleven years. 

Ahyoung tightened her hug over Sehun's shoulder, "Kris bastard..." She muttered a sudden. "You are so mean to me.." 

"I don't know you're really close to him." Sehun sighed and lift her higher, "Where should I take you now?" He walked while enjoying carrying her.

Ahyoung's house was too far if he walks from here, if he takes her to his place then she won't get a place to sleep, so Sehun decided to take her to her studio. 

It seems the studio has been under renovations, and the door lock becomes passcode. Sehun tried to enter Ahyoung's birthday and it worked. He didn't know that it would be that easy.

There were many kinds of wooden furniture on display, the place was a little wider and there was a staircase down to a room where there were a sofa and a bed. Beside the room, there was a painting room, and it seems she still comes here often to paint. 

Several sketches were stuck on the wall, and what catches Sehun's attention was a sketch of himself from a dozen years ago. He placed Ahyoung carefully on the bed, then covered her with a blanket. He tucked her hair that fell over her face and sat beside her as looked at her face intently. Sehun thought that his efforts to avoid her would never work, as long as she was around him, he would never stand up to ignore her. 

Sehun fixed the blanket and she was curled up to the side as clutching the blanket tightly and it made the scarf on her hand loosens, Sehun smiled as pulled it off and he stunned at the moment he found many incision scars behind it. It's knocked his chest, "This is insane..." He whispered as touched the scars. They were like scars from self-harm, he knows it well because it's not his first time to seeing something like that. 

Ahyoung moved and pulled in her hand under blankets. Sehun gazed at her, still in shock. He could never imagine, her face that was always framed by that smile could hurt herself. Like pieces of a puzzle, he tried to match them up one by one.

Sehun looked around and found some pictures on the table. He gets up to see the pictures more closely, it's the picture of her with Kris and Minah in school uniform and there was an inscription on their back wall that says happy graduation day. Ahyoung's hand was visible in the cast and she smiles brightly at the camera. He took the picture, "Was that at that time..." he remembered Ahyoung's story about her hand.

He put back the picture frame and looked at the sketch of his face on the wall. He smiled as he pulled it from the wall and it turned out that the entire pile of paper behind it was his face. 

It carried a lot of memories, thinking how Ahyoung drew a lot of him and the fact she hung it on the wall of her room made his heart flutter. 

Sehun looked at Ahyoung deeply, he recalls how she had insisted on refusing him to re-enter her world. He hangs it back and his fingers fiddled with the colored pencils neatly lined up and suddenly he heard Ahyoung breathing hard on her sleep. 

Sehun glanced at her to assured it. She twitched a few lines on her forehead, then she squeezed the blanket tight, and she was starting groaned a bit. With a deep, trembling breath. She muttered faintly, like she wanted to say something but couldn't.  Ahyoung's body curled even further, she was still squeezing the blanket tightly and as if she was having trouble breathing, she struggled with distress. 

Quickly, Sehun came to her and hesitantly touched her hand. "Hey...hey," He tries to wake her up from her nightmare. Automatically, She took his hand, held it tight, and scream silently against the bed like holding back in pain.

Sehun pulled her up, tried to make her get up. "Ahyoung...Kim Ahyoung.." She half-opened her eyes as muttered in frightened, her body was sweating and shaking. She cried loudly and as if searching for air for her lungs, her chest expanded and she turned nauseous. 

"Hey...hey.." Sehun tried to straighten her body, he grabbed the trash can near the table and bent her to vomit over there. Alcohol and a disgusting acid filled his smell. "It is okay... it's okay." Sehun held her arms from behind, rubbed her back gently. As if she could not control herself, she kept nauseous until she coughed because there was nothing more she could get out of her stomach. She was breathing hard, shaking and she cried out in silence. 

Sehun tried hard to bring her turned at him, "Kim Ahyoung...hey, see..it's me." she opened her eyes, tears flooded her eyes, she sobbed and he pulled her into him hugged to calm her down. "Ssshhh...shh." He hugged her tight. "It's okay, it just a dream." She squeezed his jacket and slowly, everything turned into reality in her sight. 

The warmth of him on her skin, his scent, and how gently he made her calm. She just feels so right..even she had no idea how he was here and see her fragile side.

After feeling that Ahyoung's body was no longer shaking, Sehun slowly let go of her to seeing her face. Ahyoung was sweating and looked into his eyes with a sad look. "Are you okay?" He patted her arms and smooth down her hair. Ahyoung wasn't quite ready to form words but she tried.

"Why are you here?" Sehun looked at her for a moment before answered. "The waitress at the bar called Kris because he was on your last call and said you were drunk." Before she asked, Sehun quickly explained. "After you left, Kris was drunk. I took him over to my place, that's why I can pick up his phone."

Sehun shrugged. "It was too far carrying you to your house and my house doesn't have enough space for you to rest so I took you to your studio." He pressed his lips, it felt like he was talking too much. "I'll get you a glass of water."

"You can go now." Sehun stops his steps, he clenches his fists aside. Why does she always push him away from her? He held back his irritation and turned at her, "I'll go after getting water for you."

Ahyoung throat tightened. Sehun still cares for her and it squeezes her heart. Sehun back with a glass of water, he put down it at the table beside her bed. "Do you need anything else?"

"It's enough." Sehun gave a nodded and looked at her. His feet felt heavy to start the step, he wants to be her side and heard her bad dream then comforting her. But, he knew he had to know himself. 

Ahyoung assumed Sehun headed out of the studio. She didn't raise her eyes to check him and he didn't say anything before left. She let out her heavy breath and dragged her feet down to the floor. She could still taste the bile in . 

Ahyoung wanted to brush her teeth. Water wasn't going to be enough. She got up and headed towards the toilet but she stopped for a moment when her eyes glanced at the sketch of Sehun's face on the wall. She thought Sehun must have seen that. She pulled out the secret drawer and looked at the things about them. Supposedly, if she gave him up, she shouldn't have to keep all this.

And, Ahyoung realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter