Ch. 10 - Need You

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Hyundai genesis black car entered into a large building and looked recently renovated. Several people were waiting in front of the lobby and welcomed Mr. Kim and her daughter.

Ahyoung looked at the building and looked at her father then followed him entered the building. After wandering through the building, they saw a city view out the window. Ahyoung stood behind his father, looking at his back. 

"What do you think of this building? Do you like it?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Well, this building is in a strategic place. Perfect if you want to open an office here-"

"This building isn't for me." Mr. Kim turned around at her. "I plan to give this building for you to set up the gallery you dreamed of for you as a gift from me." Her father's words stunned her.

"Suddenly?"

"All this time you never got what you want so just this once I want to make it happen, you said you can still do it even if you become a prosecutor. Your dream-" Mr. Kim's eyes shone on her.

Ahyoung smiled doubtfully, "Is that all?"

Mr. Kim walked over to her, "You said that art is what keeps you alive. You think I didn't know that you took art school in New York?"

"In our agreement, you said that I shouldn't use your money to do things like this. Why did it change? You broke the contract."

Mr. Kim nodded in agreement, "Well, that's right. However, your grandfather talked to me that this was also one of his wishes for his grandson. So I made two dreams come true."

"..Don't think too much about accepting it or not, he might change his mind again.” Suddenly Grandpa came from behind using a wheelchair that was pushed by one of the assistants.

Ahyoung turned her head in surprise, "Grandpa?"

Grandpa smiled at her, sweetly. "I've been asking this for a long time." He snorted, "I wonder why my son would suddenly make it this fast."

"You can do exhibitions at any time and make projects here. I'll help out with management matters—" Mr. Kim said.

Ahyoung was silent full of thought for a moment then said, "But ... this is a little too much. Buying a building is not cheap..."

"You think it's free?" Mr. Kim grinned. "You have to pay for it when your project and exhibition are successful. Let's just say I'm investing here."

Ahyoung smiled, "Thank you, dad."


"I'll get to the point, I just want to know how you got this information." Sehun handed an article to the woman in front of him, she was a journalist named Dyeka which he was looking for.

She smiled faintly, "You have to answer my question first, how do you know me?" 

Sehun watched her closely. She was not as old as her age, her hair was dyed blonde, she wears pretty thick make-up and she shakes her crossed legs, showing her red heels while smoking a cigarette.

"I found your article on a blog and asked for help from my friend who is also a journalist." 

"Who?"

"Jaehwan, he is the son of the heir of the Moonday Daily."

The woman smiled again. "You have an interesting connection." She pulled out the sheet of the article and studied it. Her smile suddenly disappeared and she glanced at him. "You're a police officer?"

Sehun glanced sideways while reaching for the ID card from his pocket and showing it to her. "I'm a detective and I hope you can cooperate with me.'

The woman snorted. "Isn't this case closed? Why are you investigating it again?"

Sehun leaned over and glared at her. "Please answer my question first."

The woman raised her eyebrows and gave a small grin. She plunged her cigarette on an ashtray and opened , "Song Jihye, a e and lover of Song Mino, the son of our mayor. She got pregnant and died."

"How do you know about them?"

"I've been eyeing Song Mino for quite a while. I know that he trafficking drugs and committing some violent acts as well as traffic offenses." She turned serious. "But I quit since these people disturbed my career. Then, I secretly posted the article on a blog because the truth remains the truth. I am still a reporter and just reported that I got."

"Why did you release it on the blog? Nobody will pay much attention."

"I did it on purpose because they wouldn't notice a small article like this, I want to still stay alive." She smiled. "Morever, it has already passed."

Sehun was staring at her. "You believe she committed suicide?"

She fell silent.

"You know something, don't you?" Sehun waited for her reaction then added, “You watched Song Mino for a long time, you obviously investigated him for the sake of your work. You couldn't possibly have known about that incident, Christmas, 2007."

The woman's throat was burning, she took a slow sip of her ice americano and said, "I was quite obsessed with Song Mino back then. He helped me create a lot of scandalous news."

"But I didn't find any articles about him from you."

"Money." She said. "The money is certainly enough to hold all the news."

Sehun looked at her without being surprised. She continued, "And... Christmas, 2007? Of course, I know, I'm just trying to cover my eyes and ears because ... it's crossing the line."

"What do you mean?"

"Mr. Son suddenly bought an abandoned building in Yongwon and Mino gets dragged into his father's game, someone makes him hide his drugs in the place. He wanted to destroyed the evidence that his son was dealer drugs. And then, he knew that Mino's lover was pregnant." She smiled meaningfully. "What do you think happened next?" She sigs and leaned back. "Mr. Song will face elections and of course his son's scandal will threaten his position. He was faced with choices, which do you think he chose?"

"Then, why would you call it suicide if you-"

"Because I haven't got any proof that the girl was killed."

"Then why are you sure she was murdered?"

"Someone witnessed it."

"Who?" Sehun remembered Ahyoung. "A girl?"

"No." She replied. "A man, the one who was involved in drug trafficking with Song Mino. He survived and escaped in the incident. I heard the rest were killed and disappeared to shut their mouths."

Sehun was silent. He asked, "Are you sure?"

She took a tissue and took out a pen. "Write down your address, I'll send you all the information I got about Song Mino. You will investigate it yourself later-"

"Why are you giving this so easily?"

"Easy? Who says it? Instead, all the results of your investigation must be published by me." She smiled.

Sehun hesitated a little even though he wrote the address. "I'll include my email address and please keep it secret if I'm investigating this."

"I know." She noticed Sehun's handwriting. "But, I heard, the police and prosecutors were also involved in this. You're in big trouble-"

Sehun didn't deny it, he glared at her. "So you have to open your mouth just for me."

"Geez." She laughed and looked at him, "You have enough guts. I like it-" 

Sehun gave the piece of tissue. "Give me any information related to Song Mino and his father, And I'll make sure the case is reopened and you'll be the first to know as a journalist."

"Okay."


Where are you?

Ahyoung stared at her cellphone screen for a long time. The chat she sent to Sehun has not been replied to since noon. She hasn't seen him in the office since morning. 

As she started to achieve her dreams little by little, she was eager to tell him. She couldn't wait to tell him about the gallery.

"Yura." Nara rushed into the room. "Would you please call all the list numbers that are there and find the name Kim Yu Gi?" She handed Ahyoung three pieces of paper.

"Kim Yu Gi?"

"He's a witness to Haeyong's husband's violence case." Nara sat on a chair and her computer. "Ah, ... this is troublesome. We have to quickly find him before next week's trial-"

Ahyoung chose not to comment and immediately did her job. The ringing of the telephone on Nara's desk broke the silence of the room, "Prosecutor Kwon is here."

"..what? Again?" Nara held his forehead. "This is the third time this year ... well, I'll take care of it."

Ahyoung gave her a quick glance then she continued calling. Nara hung up a little harshly, "That damn Song Mino. Can't he live in peace?" Song Mino's name made Ahyoung glance again at her. Nara typed something on her computer and soon she printed it.

"What happened to him?" Ahyoung asked after she turned off the call.

"Ah," Nara hesitated a little and realized. "You know him, right?"

Ahyoung nodded, "He's my ex-boyfriend."

Nara looked a little surprised, "Oh really?" She muttered to herself then continued, "He committed a traffic foul and got caught drunk, he nearly hit a passerby. The files have already been filed with the prosecution, so I'll take care of them." Nara got up and put on her blazer.

"Are you going to get him off the hook?" 

"I have to do it."

"Why?"

"To keep everything in place."

Ahyoung was getting angry although she seemed to hold it. "Drugs, traffic offenses, violence. You cleared all criminal ties against Mino?"

Nara fell silent and looked at her. She was surprised that Ahyoung knew enough about it.

"You're a prosecutor. You should know that he doesn't deserve it." Ahyoung said. Then, she asked. "Are you used to doing dirty things like this?"

"Shut up if you don't know anything," Nara replied. She sighed, loosened the tension on her shoulder. "If you don't accept it then, get it right and be a prosecutor and then make Song Mino receive punishment for everything he's done so far."

They glared at each other then Nara left in annoyance. Ahyoung exhaled as if she was getting rid of the irritation in her chest. She remembered running into Song Mino when she was going to meet Minah, and he was waiting for her to drop her off.

At that time Ahyoung felt that even though Mino was annoying, he was quite different. What did he really think about that day? It's impossible to forget it. Even though Mino said to move on and continue to live. Ahyoung felt it was a lie. All his words that day were a comfort to himself.


"..Are you sure all the data is complete?" Sehun checked each datasheet for the visit of a former inmate named Jung Jibum, who was the defendant in the Yongwon building fire case.

"Of course. I've checked." Hyukjae said.

Sehun nodded in satisfaction. "Thank you." He walked to his seat as glanced out towards Ahyoung's office room. He smiled when he saw her there then took out his cellphone.

   I just got to the office. Why? 

Hyukjae looked at him curiously, "But, why do you need him? Didn't he get out of custody six months ago?"

"I have something to check." Sehun looked at his computer screen and typed something there.

Hyukjae wasn't satisfied. "You're investigating a big case, aren't you? Geez. Share with me! Are you the only one who wants to be promoted here?"

"It's not like that," Sehun replied.

Eunhyuk sneered. "I feel like you're hiding something."

Not long after, Jiyoon came into the room and headed for her team table. "Guys, don't forget that next week we will have a farewell trip with the joint investigation team with the prosecutor's office." 

"Ah... I forgot to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter