Ch. 18 - Tears Before The Winter Blows

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr. Oh tried to stand up and grabbed Sehun's jacket, "I had to do it then." He looked at his son begging for forgiveness. "I thought you would come for her. I thought you really liked her back then and could do anything for her .” Sehun didn't move, it felt like he was being slapped very hard. Why didn't you come then? Ahyoung's words crossed his mind. "And everything went awry when that guy came and killed the girl she was with." 

"You left her when you found out she was still alive," Sehun muttered. "You knew she could die there." 

"The police had arrived by then. I couldn't still be there. They're going to make me the culprit." Mr. Oh looked deeply at him. "Sehun-ah....you should stop dealing with her, stop researching anything. They won't hesitate to kill us."

Sehun grabbed both of his hands and let them go. "Before they kill me. I will catch them first." He turned to leave his father. He walked with a heart rhythm that was still fast. His hands were shaking and he feel he was going to fall over. 

Sehun tried to remember the details of that day and the more he remembered, the more he understood Ahyoung's strange attitude that day. She knew very well that the person who brought her there was his father and she still wanted to keep trying to meet him to fix it. Why?

Sehun realized another thing. Ahyoung did tell him everything except about his father. She was always careful. She prevented him from investigating the case. Even now, she always thought about him the most. 

The reason Ahyoung avoided him from the first time they met and didn't want to deal with him was not to protect herself but protect him. 

A whole thought came into his head, part of his head hurt at the thought. All Ahyoung's suffering that he saw was a crushing blow to him. Her tears, her fear, then her smile that came back. It all made him sad. 

If only he could turn back time and come to her then, would everything be better? 

Sehun backed to home with a blank look. He tidied up the clothes he had brought with him and tucked the laptop on his desk into his backpack. When he was done, he left his room and headed for the front door. "You're not going to stay here?" 

Sunghee's voice stopped him. Sehun did not look back and just keep standing there.

"Ever since you got back with that girl, you never came home." Sunghee sneered at him and snorted. "Don't be too influenced by a girl." 

Sehun's gaze sharpened as his jaw tightened. He turned around casually but his expression turned stony. He was looking deeply at his sister.

"Why did you dislike Ahyoung so much?" Sehun asked softly. "What did she do to you that you didn't send my letter and forced me to stay away from her?" 

Sunghee dropped her glass on the table with clang as her hands suddenly shook. She gulped in nervousness and replied, "I'm just not happy she made you wait for her." 

"You know that too right?" 

Sunghee gasped as it's hit her. She opened and couldn't say any words. She pulled up the corner of her lips. "What do you mean?"

"You know that incident too," Sehun demanded. "You know that our father-" 

"He didn't kill her." Sunghee shook her head. "He just happened to be there." 

Sehun's eyes darkened. He loosened his body, his chest filled with tightness until his throat felt dry. "You know that too."

Seeing Sehun looking calm but his gaze and expression turning horrifying made Sunghee avoid his eyes. Her eyes blurry with tears and she let out her heavy breath from . "It's all the best for us--" She swallowed, "Our father...our family has gotten better and that's what matters." 

"I don't care about him or our family getting better or not. But..." Sehun clenched his teeth. "Why didn't you even say anything about that to me?!" 

"I care about that!" Sunghee yelled back. "I care so much and I'm so afraid that our family will be broken even more."

Sehun smirked away. "Our family has broken long ago." 

"But...the past ten years our father has been living well and we've become a normal family." 

"Then you think it's better to live like that and you think now I'm going to say 'ah thanks you kept our family from messing up' you think I would say something like that?!" Sehun said angrily then he took a deep breath. "Now... I don't even know how I showed my face to Ahyoung." 

Sunghee turned at him quickly. "Our father didn't do anything to her. It wasn't his fault. We don't have to feel guilty!" 

Sehun scoffed, "He brought her there. He was the one who took the initiative to take her there to protect himself." 

"Yes, but he wasn't the one who pushed her down! I saw it myself!" Sunghee said in frustration. 

"What?" Sehun blinked up at her, he sounded in disbelief. "You were there too?"

Sunghee gasped at herself. She looked panicked and tensed up. Suddenly, Sehun walked fast to her and looked at her closely. "Answer me." He said with a deep-voiced. She looked down bewildered and closed tight. "Noona! Are you there too?!" 

"Yes! I was there!" She yelled at him as looked up at him with frustrated eyes. " I followed him that day because I was worried that you and Jiyoon would catch him. I didn't think he would meet Ahyoung and go out with her. I waited for them outside the building. I don't know what happened! I didn't even know!" She started to cry and grabbed his jacket. She looked at his face closely. “I swore I would have helped her by then. I swear! But dad held me...he didn't hear me and he promised to live a better life and not bother us. He has kept his promise, Sehun-ah." She sounded begging. 

"Why didn't you tell me? Why?" Sehun's voice softened in tears. "I was like an idiot in front of her. I'm so embarrassed and I don't want to lose her either. Do you know how I tried hard to make her come back to me?" 

Sunghee clutched his jacket tight. "That's why I asked you not to get close to her." 

"I love her." He said. "After this, I even think I love her more than I love my own family. I'm more afraid of losing her." 

Sunghee flushed and slapped him of a sudden. "You are crazy?! You're still going to stick with her? She knows everything! Why do you think she didn't tell you? She's just using you to hurt our family!" 

Sehun's cheek twitched, he let go of her other hand and said. "I will continue to investigate the case and make sure everyone involved pays for their actions including our father." He turned and walked out towards the door. 

"Yah! Oh Sehun!"

Sehun opened the door without caring about his sister's screams. "Yah!"

Sehun came out and closed the door behind him hard. He walked quickly out of the building with tears drying up. He really hated this situation. His head ached and his chest tightened. He was still shocked by Sunghee's confession. He didn't think she would do that to him. 

Sehun back to his place, he put his bag on the table and looked at the schematic board of the yeongwon case he made. He took a cigarette and lit it while staring at the board. He opened his laptop and he wrote an outline of events in the Yeongwon case and was helped by the data given by dyeka. He also sought as much information as possible about the Songbang Group. Then in the morning, he went to Jaehwan's place. 

He entered with the password he already knew and found Haneul there too. Without greeting his two friends, he immediately pulled out the board and turned it over to the two of them. 

"What...what are you doing?" Jaehwan was confused and gave his friend a dirty look. "You even walked in without even greeting me. I own the house." He said firmly. Sehun turned at him with a serious looked and it's made him blink and said, "Okay... I'm kidding. You can do whatever you want here." 

"I need your help," Sehun said.

Jaehwan and Haneul saw each other and of course, they would help him. Sehun told him all the information he could. He asked Junhwan to release an article about Songbang Group and Song Mino. Meanwhile, he and Haneul will meet Mr. Ong and look for Jung In Bum. This time Sehun looked very serious and not relaxed. He was more frustrated than usual. 

"You look pale. Are you still going to the office?" Haneul said as took his backpack.

Sehun took his vitamins and throw his car keys at him. "Come on." 

They said goodbye to Jaehwan and went to the office. Arriving at the office, Jiyoon dragged Sehun away and asked why he had entered the office when he was being given a break. 

"I just want to work." 

"You know everyone is talking about you," Jiyoon said. "You remember? Rumors about you and Mr. Kwon." 

Sehun put his hand on her shoulder and smiled. "I don't care about such a thing. Do not worry."

Jiyoon softened and blinked her eyes. "Then you go to prosecutor's office to file an arrest warrant for Lee Taeksil."

Sehun did not refuse. "All right." 

Jiyoon nodded and turned around. Sehun stopped her, "You...have you found the suspect in the Dyeka murder case?" 

Jiyoon turned back to him and looked at him thoughtfully for a moment then said, "We're still looking for the man on the CCTV." 

Sehun didn't ask again and he understood who the person on the CCTV was. Even though some of his co-workers and gave him annoying advice, Sehun didn't really listen to them.

Ahyoung looked at her phone in a frown. No calls from Sehun since last night. Usually, he would call her in the morning when he was on the way to his office.

"Yura." Nara came into the room and put down the document on her table. "Please copy this and we'll go to court." 

Ahyoung nodded and get up immediately. She sighed and tried not to think too much about Sehun. She copied the documents Nara had given her and prepared the files for the trial. She and Nara went to court and arrived at 10 am. 

The trial this time was quite long, they only finished after 3 hours in the courtroom. Ahyoung came out of the courtroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter