Ch. 5 - Still

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahyoung's fingers twitched, her eyes trembled while looking at Sehun. She immediately pulled her fingers from him, "What do you mean?" Sehun stood up and turned to her. He smiled a little, "I'll be waiting for you to tell me everything that happened eleven years ago." Ahyoung frowned, it was startling her. 

"I am sorry," Sehun whispered. "I should be there." Ahyoung looked into those eyes full of feeling. She swallowed, "I don't know what you heard but it's none of your business and I have no interest in telling you any of that." She crossed his heart. 

"Why?"

Ahyoung started felt cramps in her stomach. "I told you.." She guessed what Sehun knew but she had no idea. "Since you didn't come to me back then, it's none of your business."

"No, it's not about just that day." Sehun started to grow a little furious, she could see it from his eyes. "Your hand.."

"Why my hand?"

"It's all because of me, right?" Sehun gave a knowing look. "Kris told me."

Ahyoung paused for a moment in surprise then she said firmly, "No." She shook her head. "It's because of me. It's because of my carelessness and stubbornness."

Sehun wasn't convinced, so she added. "Don't be sorry. Since the day that happened, I have never blamed you or anyone but myself. So, just forget it."

Sehun sighed. "How can you told it so easily?" He wet his lips, stare at her so she knows how he feels. "Is this why you're trying to get me away?"

Ahyoung shook her head. "No, I am not trying to get you away." She tilted her head. "I did say that I don't want to have a deal with you or see you again but that doesn't mean I want to keep you away." She knows she would never ignore him, "The problem is me, Oh Sehun. I am not ready to show all my sides from the past eleven years to you." If she opened her past, it felt like she was pulling the knife that had stabbed her chest a long time ago, pain and bleeding.

Sehun snorted, "I'll wait no matter what.."

All of Sehun's words in the courtroom disturbed her mind all day long. Ahyoung occasionally glanced outside the room, to check him was there or not. "Yura?" Nara called Ahyoung from her desk. "Have you prepared all the copies of the ion report?"

Ahyoung nodded, she took a file and gave it to Nara. "I also found data on one of the girls you were looking for." Nara took the files and opened them. "What do you think? You're still investigating the case with the company chairman Hongsim, right?" 

"I checked his account, he once a month transfers money to the heart hospital. But, when I checked, he didn't have parents or brothers and sisters. His wife and children were not sick either." Nara nodded with understanding. Ahyoung continues, "Could this possibly have something to do with that girl? He's been with this girl for a year, and he's been transferring that for a year too."

Nara sighed, "Then we have to go to the hospital to check the truth, we might find another clue." Ahyoung agreed and at that moment Mr. Kwon went inside in a panic without knocking the door first, "We've caught the wrong culprit, you must drop your charges against Jo Hyun Bin before the media finds out." Nara stood up in surprise, Mr. Yoon entered the room full of tension. "Sehun is already with the real murder suspect, I'll be right there." 

"What are you doing? Hurry up and go over your charges." Mr. Kwon glared at his daughter. Nara immediately took her bag and left, Mr. Kwon let out a frustrated sigh. Ahyoung looked at Mr. Kwon then greeted him when he turned to her.

"Are you getting used to it here?" Mr. Kwon asked.

"A little bit."

"If Nara succeeds in resolving this case with the police team then you two can return to the West Seoul Regional Prosecutor's Office."

Ahyoung just gave a nod, she hopes that the joint team of prosecutors and police will finish soon so that she won't be here, seeing Sehun every day. Mr. Kwon smiled and turned around. 

Ahyoung's heart jumped when caught a glimpse of Mr. Kwon's side face. She feels familiar, but where? She took another glance at him when something flashed into her memory. He's ... that cop, who came to the scene eleven years ago.

Vaguely, in Ahyoung's memory. As she was being led by several people to the ambulance, she caught a glimpse of him, standing there talking to someone that one of the men she saw in the building.

Ahyoung tried to remember again, she felt sure that the policeman was there Mr. Kwon. She tried to remember the face of the man she was talking to, the more she tried to remember, what appeared was that man. The man with the gun rushed. It made her nauseous and her body falls backward, she took a deep breath and held the table behind her. Her chest tightened for a moment, she dropped several files from on Nara's table. She tried to calm herself down by catching her breath slowly.

After Ahyoung felt calm, she began to crouch down to tidy up all the scattered files. Song Mino's hit-and-run case report (canceled). Ahyoung looked around as if making sure no one saw her. She opened the folder, she found a photo of the victim, the car that crashed, and crystal meth. She's not wrong, Song Mino was meant to be her ex-boyfriend. She saw his data as well as his photos. But why was the lawsuit dropped?

Ahyoung looked at the other files, she found a case report on drug trafficking which was also canceled. She glanced at the box which had also fallen to the floor, then she saw the writing on it, the files that were to be destroyed. She got the feeling that she had to copy the data before it was destroyed. If it's about Song Mino then it has something to do with his father but what does it have to do with Nara? Why did Nara cancel the report? If she looks at it, Nara wasn't the type of prosecutor who was easily regulated or bribed.

Ahyoung managed to copy the case report and put it in her bag. She sat back down and typed something on the search page. Chief of the Seoul City Police Agency, Kwon Muk Ji. The whole article about Mr. Kwon was displayed on the screen. Of all the news that came out, what made her face tense was the news about the Yongwon building fire case. Under the leadership of the Kwon police team, the perpetrators of the Yongwon building fire were successfully arrested and the case was completely closed. She downloads all articles and prints them. 

Ahyoung doesn't know what she wants to do with all of it, and even though she clearly knows who was behind it but she can't possibly reach him straight up without clearing the bottom. 

At night, when Ahyoung was getting ready to go home. Team of Mr. Yoon came and Ahyoung paused for a moment when he saw Sehun walking towards her room, but he wasn't going to her room, of course, he sat at his desk. 

Ahyoung remembered what Sehun said in the court then she sighed. She finally walked out the door and saw that they all looked exhausted. And what surprised her was when she saw the blood on Sehun's neck. "Oh Sehun-ssi." Ahyoung glared at him worriedly as Nara walked quickly towards Sehun with the sound of heels. "Why don't you go to the hospital?" Nara opened a drawer on Sehun's desk, took out a first aid kit.

Sehun looked away from Ahyoung and held Nara's hand who wanted to treat him. "I can do it by myself." Sehun took a tissue from Nara's hand and wiped his blood. Ahyoung's face was still concerned at him. "You can't just treat it like that." Ahyoung returned to her room, took a small towel from the cupboard which she usually prepared when she was going to therapy. Then, she walked to him without caring about other stares. 

Ahyoung pulled up a chair and sat near him, "You have to clean it first with water." She took a bottle of water and poured it over the wound while holding the towel under it so it wouldn't get wet. "How did you get hurt like this?" Ahyoung took the first aid kit from Nara's hand, took the ointment, and started applying it. 

And Sehun didn't stop her. He enjoyed it

"Kim Yura, it is normal." Haneul came to them, put his arm over the cubicle. "Sehun even got stabbed by a knife and he can treat it himself without going to the hospital."

Ahyoung didn't seem to listen to Haneul much and only focused on his wound. She glanced at Sehun's face who was too close and quickly pulled herself away. "It's done."

"Thanks." Sehun keeps his cool.

Nara was jealous as squeezed the tissue in her hand. She could tell that Sehun looked happy about it even he tried to hide it. The line at the corners of his eyes couldn't lie. 

Ahyoung realized herself being the other's attention, she immediately stood up and took her bag. Without saying anything, she left quickly while holding back a little embarrassed.

"Didn't she just worry about you?" Haneul was looked at her back. Sehun was grinning, "It seems so." Haneul turned at Sehun. "Didn't you see that her eyes seemed to fall out when saw you were hurt." Sehun now snorted softly, "Really?" Sehun couldn't help to continue smiling.

"Geez. Stop looking so happy, that makes me shudders." Jiyoon snickered.

Sehun chewed his lips and stood up, "I am not that happy." He walked towards the door and his smile grew again without anyone being able to see. "Stop smiling." Jiyoon was still teasing him as she knew.

And Sehun was still smiling like a fool even he tried to stop it.


Yongwon building fire, 2007. Sehun typed that into the search page. Not many articles discuss the details of the case, only some photos of the building, and Mr. Kwon as the leader of the investigation of the case. The identity of the student who was suspected of being a fire victim was not known.

"Song Jihye was killed right in front of Ahyoung's eyes."

A schoolgirl committed suicide in 2007. Sehun tries to find related articles. Saram High School student commits suicide because of finding that she was pregnant. Song Jihye was the only student from Saram High School who committed suicide that year. He noted the name of the reporter who released the article. "Ss..I've never heard of a reporter named Dyeka." He rubbed his lips gently with his finger.

Sehun pasted a photo of Ahyoung and Jihye on the glass board. He gave a line where it was said Ahyoung saw Jihye's death. Jihye was pregnant, and at that time the one she was dating was...Song Mino. Sehun posted a photo of Song Mino beside Jihye's photo. And, Sehun posted photos of Mr. Kwon and the prosecutor who handled the Yongwon building fire case. He forgot two more, lieutenant Gongmo and lieutenant Yoon.

"Are you still here?" Sehun turned around the glass board smoothly and looked at Nara who walked towards him. "I'm still working on something.” Sehun pulled out all photos, put it in his jacket pocket, and sat back down to his place. 

Nara caught glimpses of some of the articles on Sehun's computer screen before he closed them. "Yongwon building fire? Wasn't the case closed long ago?" Nara sat at the table.

"I just wonder." 

"My father was the head of his investigation team at the time." Nara smiled.

Sehun's eyes moved around like thought about something. He has eyed back Nara and asked, "Do you know about that case?" 

"Not really. I once asked for his case report as material for my college assignment but my father didn't give it."

"Do you think it just a fire case?"

"I think so, why?"

"No, I just asked."

Nara gave several nods and looked at Sehun for a moment. He looked ready to go home, he had changed clothes and there was no more bloodstain on his collar. 

"The perpetrator has been arrested and all that's left is the trial, if this is over then I will move immediately," Nara said.

Sehun took a glance. "Then we'll meet in court.” 

"Yura too..." Nara wanted his reaction. "She will come with me." Sehun seemed to pause for a moment like he just realized about that. But, he said, "You guys will be fine and make a good team." He smiled at Nara shortly.

"Are you going home now?" Nara asked.

Sehun nodded, shouldered his backpack. "I'll go now."

Nara watched him walk away. "Oh Sehun." Sehun stopped and looked back. "Hm?"

Nara wanted to see him a little longer, talk with him. "Take care." But, that was all she could say. Sehun smiled and just raised his hand and left.

When Sehun walked towards his motorcycle, he still saw Ahyoung's car parked there. But, she wasn't in the car. She left it there. Why didn't she bring the car? Did she go out drinking again? Several questions popped into his head. But, there was no way he could ask her directly.

Sehun started his motorbike and drove off the road. Instead of driving a car, he prefers to ride on his Benelli. He got the big motorbike from the money he got from the award, even though he paid it in installments on credit. 

The black Benelli stopped at a crossroads, at such a moment Sehun would open the windshield of his helmet and let the wind blow his face. 

The sound of the street crossing sign lights was still on. Some people rushed across, some people walked casually and one of them was Kim Ahyoung. She walked straight ahead without looking around. Sehun's eagle ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter