Ch. 16 - Shall We?

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally I can update faster hehe I really miss my readers. 

-

-

Sehun was still in his thoughts when Ahyoung kept calling him. 

"Oh Sehun!"

Sehun's body was shocked and then looked at Ahyoung in a daze. She lifted her eyebrows, "Why just stay there?" She nudges at his cup of ramyeon. "Your ramyeon will be cold." 

"Ah...ne." Sehun back to seat beside her and continued to eat his ramyeon.

Ahyoung noticed Sehun was a little quiet after getting the call. She asked, "Who called you? Did something happen?" 

"No...just a bit stuff—" 

Ahyoung still looking at him.

"What?"

"You are bad at lying."

Sehun gasped and laughed. "I am not."

Ahyoung gave him squinted then chuckle as not mind that. She sighed, "I am happy that I can see you as a police officer."

Sehun smiled. "You said that many times."

"Am I?" Ahyoung laughed and finished her ramyeon.

Sehun was looking at her then looked down at his ramyeon. "Can I ask you something?"

"What's that?"

"Do you still remember the people you were within Yeongwon?" Sehun looked back at her uncomfortably. 

Ahyoung returned his gaze calmly. She answered while half thinking, "Sometimes I feel like I remember them but sometimes I don't remember them." She smiled a little. "Hmm...how to say..." She took a breath. "Maybe if I meet one of them I'll remember right away." 

"Then... have you ever met any of them again?" 

Ahyoung was silent for a long until she grinned. "How is that possible? I haven't been here in a long time, right?" 

Suddenly Sehun's memory of the day he brought her to his father's restaurant and they passed each other came clearly inside his head. He recalled Ahyoung's reaction at that time, she immediately left and when he followed her, he found her standing there trying to calm herself who shaking with fear so he drove her home. Is it possible? 

"And, why are you suddenly asking like that?" Ahyoung muttered. Sehun didn't answer. Ahyoung said, "I told you you don't need to investigate anything more about that incident." She smiled, "I've been fine." 

Sehun smiled and held out his hand. Ahyoung greeted him and shifted closer to him then leaned on his shoulder. "Isn't this our first sunrise?" 

The sun rose right in front of them like a miracle. Sehun tightened her hand, "Smile a lot. It suits you..." 

Ahyoung blushed in amusement. "You too." 

"I'm not so good at it."

"But you are good at it now." 

"Really?"

"Hm.."

"Kim Ahyoung.."

"What?"

"I'm sleepy..." 

Their gathering ends at noon. Everyone is home and ready to go back to work at the start of the week. Sehun went to lunch with his mother and her family before returning home. He was still a little sleepy so he didn't have much appetite to eat. 

"How was last night? Is it fun?" Sehun's mother glanced at her son in concern. "You look really tired." 

"Hm." He sighed. "I chased some people last night and just back hotel at dawn." He started complained. "I'm still very sleepy but you're still forcing me to come." 

Strangely, his mother smiled happily heard his fussy. "Just told me if you are tired and want to stop. You can carry on some of my business." 

"I am not interested." 

"Then, did you manage to catch them all?" Onjung, his stepbrother asked enthusiastically. 

Sehun nodded with a proud smile. "Of course."

"You are the best, hyung!"

Mr. Jung, Onjung's father smiled and said, "Just tell me if you need anything. After all, you will always be a part of us." 

"Thanks."

So, that was the good relationship between him and his mother's family. Although Sehun was still awkward with them he tried to be close to them. Onjung was very happy when he finds out he has an older brother and sometimes they go out together on weekends. Sehun doesn't mind that, Onjung didn't know anything when he was born in this world and he's also an adorable little brother. Sehun was like his roles model who he look up to a lot.

Finally, Sehun came home and continued sleeping. He woke up at eleven at night with an empty stomach. Luckily, he had a cup of instant curry rice that was just warmed up. He checked his cellphone and saw two missed calls from Ahyoung. He smiled then immediately made a video call and he was quite surprised when Ahyoung picked it up. "Eh, you haven't slept yet?" 

Ahyoung pulled the pillow to support her chin. "I was taking care of some work." 

"Hm." Sehun finished his meal in just a few mouthfuls. 

"You eat so fast." 

"I am hungry." 

Ahyoung changed her position to lie down. "You have to watch your food intake." Sehun threw away his rice cup and went to wash his hands. She continue to ask even he left the screen. "Then, where have you been?"

"I've been sleeping since I got home."

"You're still a sleeper."

"I am not." Sehun took his phone and went to the bathroom. He put his cell phone on the hanging shelf and washed his face. "I'm just taking a long break after working hard." 

"Hmmm..." Ahyoung sounded playful and enjoyed Sehun's good looks. "Tell me, how many girls have you dated before?" 

"There was not any." 

"Lie. I've heard that you're deliberately dating for a case."

Sehun glanced briefly at the screen. "Is that countable?" 

"Are you holding her hand or more than that?"

"Is it important?" 

Ahyoung chuckles in annoyance but hides it. "I just wanted to know." 

Sehun suddenly release his shirt which made Ahyoung close her cellphone screen. "What are you doing?!" 

"What? I didn't show it." Sehun smirked. Ahyoung slowly peeked and she could only see Sehun's face but still, she could see his bare neck and shoulders. It made her a little nervous.

Sehun who looked in the mirror was silent for a moment. He noticed the wound he just got last night on his chest. Dyeka was still missing, but last night she messaged him that she left her laptop in the gym locker, and when he got there it turned out that some people were after that. Sehun managed to transfer the data to the flash drive even though in the end the people managed to take the laptop. 

"Sehun? Oh Sehun?"

Ahyoung's voice slowly woke him up and he looked at her in confusion. "...?"

"So? You agree right?"

"Huh? Ah...yes." Sehun answered without knowing what's that about. 

Ahyoung looks happy. "Okay! But it looks like my school uniform is too small, I'll try it first." 

Sehun frowns, "School uniform?" 

"Yes... You still have it, right? If we don't use it when we go to the amusement park, we can use it when we go to the zoo. We still have plenty of time." 

Sehun showed his regret for agreeing. "Wait a minute...hey...are you kidding?" 

"What?" Ahyoung didn't seem to notice him. "Oh, we can rent it I guess..." 

Sehun tried to change her mind. "Are you sure? Isn't that too-" 

"You agreed earlier." 

Sehun couldn't say anything else. Ahyoung was already excited and seemed happy with her various dating plans just like in the old days. She was always passionate and plans everything. 

"All right, let's do it all." Sehun ended it with a smile and in the end, it was always like that. He will follow her wishes.

Two days later, Sehun went to Jaehwan's place. He checked all the files Dyeka had collected over the years. 

"Isn't this crazy? She actually collected this information over the years. No wonder she lives restlessly..." Jaehwan commented.

"This person..." Sehun took a piece of paper containing data about Mr. Ong. 

"You know him?" Jaehwan asked.

"We met several times." 

"Really?"

Sehun also told how he got to know him. "Really? That means Ahyoung knows it too right?" 

Sehun wasn't so sure. "She didn't say anything about it or maybe she forgot his face." 

"Then, what about your father?" Jaehwan asked doubtfully. 

Sehun was silent for a moment then sighed. "I'll take care of it." He picked up a sheet of paper with a photo of his father on it. "We'll see how far he's involved."

"Are you sure?" 

"Don't worry." Sehun patted Jaehwan's arm with a paper. He smiled calmly, "I'm used to knowing the craziest things about him." 

Not long, Sehun received a message notification from Dyeka asking him to come to her house alone. Jaehwan said, "Isn't this weird? She asked you to meet her at her house after she was hard to find. And I heard she's a pretty private person." 

Sehun looked at his watch and casually said, "If you don't hear from me in an hour, call the police." 

Jaehwan looked at him in bewilderment. "Yah, you're going there alone?" Sehun stood up and put on his black leather jacket as looked at him. "Then, you want to come?" 

"I—" Jaehwan thought hard. "I go." Sehun didn't wait for his answer and immediately walked out and Jaehwan frustratedly followed him. 

In the end, Jaehwan came with him and waited in the car that parked not far from Dyeka's house. He was ready to hold his cell phone while monitoring his surroundings. 

Meanwhile, Sehun was still standing in front of the Dyeka gate. As he rang the doorbell, he noticed that the gate was slightly ajar. He looked at Jaehwan's car then decided to go inside. His hunch had been bad ever since he got the message from Dyeka. He looked around the front yard and then saw the door of her house that was not closed tightly. He took out his cell phone and tried to call her. 

There was a cellphone that rang from inside at the same time he called. Sehun carefully opened the door and walked inside. He couldn't see anything because it was dark. "Mrs. Dayeon?"

Sehun tried to call her name while continuing to walk carefully. He followed the ringing of Dyeka's cell phone until he reached the corner of the room. He stopped when he realized something he had stepped on the floor. He hung up the call then the flashlight, he turned the flashlight down and found a lot of blood splattered on the floor and then follow the blood until it reached the body of a person who was already lying down on the floor with her eyes closed. 

Not having time to be surprised, Sehun angrily looked around to check if anyone was there. Soon, from behind, someone pulled his body to spin in front of him and flew the bottle towards his head. Luckily, Sehun can hold it. Without knowing who the person behind the mask was, Sehun kicked him to the floor then held him and tried to take the mask off. However, the man managed to push him away and reversed his position. The man above him glanced at another place that made Sehun glance at it, a knife lying there became his prey. The man managed to grab it and point it at Sehun's neck. Of course, Sehun didn't give up, he held the knife with all his might and pointed it the other way then he kicked his head with his face and took the knife. Before Sehun had time to pull him, the man ran away running through the window. "!" Sehun threw down his knife and ran to the window and tried to catch up. 

He ran out followed by Jaehwan who got out of the car. "What happened?!" 

"Call the police, someone has been killed," Sehun said quickly as he continued to run trying to catch up to the man. He ran with all his strength mixed with anger that peaked on his forehead. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter