Ch. 2 - Did you?

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dark office room, Sehun sat accompanied by his study lamp. Jaehwan's snoring sound was muffled by the music playing from his earphones. Sehun tidied up the article that Jaehwan had just given and stretched his shoulders and back.

The small dolphin on Ahyoung's car keys distracted him, he picked it up and leaned back. Just looking at her car keys with him, Sehun was feeling good. He remembered how funny it was she insisted that she was not drunk to him.

Sehun glanced at the pink letter, he had read it more than three times. He took it again and stared at it, it felt unreal that she was so close to him that he can touch. 

"You're not home yet?" Haneul came into the room, carrying a laptop. He went to his desk and put down some files.

Sehun took off his earphones and Haneul repeated his questions. Then, Sehun looked at the clock. "I'll be leaving in a moment." He straight up his back and put the pink letter in his desk drawer.

"You won't tell me? How did Kim Ahyoung come here? You said she was in New York." Haneul pulled closer his seat towards Sehun.

Sehun sighed. "I brought her back here from New York."

"What's that mean?" 

"She is the daughter of the prime minister."

Haneul's jaw dropped. "W-hat?" 

Sehun nodded without words. Haneul covered and whispered, "Are you serious?"

"Is it something you have to be serious about or not?" 

Haneul went thinking hard. "Then...what does that mean—"

"What?"

"Hey." Haneul was getting more closer. "Do you know the fire case rumors closed suddenly and the case was handled by Chief Kwon?" Haneul's voiced so lower.

"I heard it from-" Haneul quickly signed Sehun to lower his voice. Sehun continued in lower voiced, "—Mr. Yoon back then."

Haneul nodded. "Mr. Yoon joined the team at the time." And Sehun still not get it what he wanted tried to tell. Haneul continued, "Listen, you know when I just graduated from the police academy, I entered the special investigation team under Mr. Kwon and Mr. Gongmo and Mr. Yoon were there too, they are my senior in the team.."

Sehun remembered that and keep listening to him. 

"At that time Mr. Gongmo asked me to destroy the files to the shredder then Mr. Yoon ran to stop me and they had an argument." Haneul still remembers the incident because it was his first day at work. At that time he caught a glimpse of the title of the file, namely the Yongwon warehouse fire case, and the smuggling case because it was his first day and he wondered what it was like to read a real case, he opened it and saw a list of names there. Kim Ahyoung as witnessed, and bodies unknown."

Sehun frowns at him. "Why didn't you ever tell me?" 

"You think the name Kim Ahyoung was only her?"

"Then how do you know that Kim Ahyoung is Kim Ahyoung?" Sehun looked at him to understand what he means.

"I clearly remember the face of prime minister before he at his position now. Chief Kwon and Detective Gongmo had a meeting with our mayor now and prime minister. Mr. Gongmo told me to guard the door of the room so that no one could enter. Then, Mr. Yoon forcibly entered while carrying the file that was almost destroyed.." Haneul remembers Mr. Yoon says that there will be articles coming out about the old case and they know that the unknown fire victim was a student from the same high school as them and Mr. Yoon told them to opened the case for public.

"Do you know what gives me the creeps?" Haneul narrowed his eyes at Sehun. "Mr. Yoon was transferred to the patrol division afterward, it must because he had been dealing with a journalist about this secret case. Mr. Kown was appointed chief of Seoul police, Ahyoung's father became prime minister and the man became mayor. That means it's clear why I know Kim Ahyoung was Kim Ahyoung that we know."

Suddenly Jaehwan came in the middle of the conversation by pushing his chair with the book on his face. "Why do you two have to whisper? I can still hear that."

Sehun and Haneul backward and stopped talking. Jaehwan put down his book and looked at them, "I know that case."

They looked at Jaehwan simultaneously in surprise. Jaehwan smirked, "The journalists were from my father's company."

Haneul widened his eyes. "Why didn't you ever tell me?" 

"Did you tell me about this too?" Jaehwan asked back.

Haneul pressed his lips and winced, "Do all cops have to tell the journalist about what he knows about the case?"

"Is this something important to debate?" Sehun growled.

"No." Jaehwan and Haneul answered at the same time to him. Jaehwan added, "I heard from my father that he was in a big shock because of the articles that were going to be released by journalists in his company. From what I see, it seems that he received threats because shortly after that, the journalist was fired and the article was taken by my father. But, I never see the article."

They chat very quietly. Sehun asked, "Why don't you guys ever talk to me about this?"

"This is not an important issue to debate," Haneul warned him and Sehun gave him real looks. Jaehwan said, "There was actually one more surprising thing but-" he sighed like it was heavy to open his mouth again.

"What?" Haneul asked. 

"Song Jihye.." Jaehwan looked around and pulled their back closer. "She didn't die by suicide." He whispered and made a chopping motion in his neck as someone killed her.

"Don't talk carelessly!" Haneul yelled in whispered.

Jaehwan groans quietly. "Jihye's mother came to my father to release an article on the injustice of Jihye. She knows her daughter was killed. But, oddly, the article was never released."

"Then, what does that have to do with the secret case?"

Jaehwan shook his head. "Nothing."

Haneul was ready to kick him if Sehun didn't tell him to be quiet. Jaehwan defended, "Isn't this also something that was surprising as to how you told us about that case?"

Sehun got up and took his car keys, "I think I better go home now."

"Oh Sehun, don't leave me here.” Jaehwan immediately tidied up his stuff.

Sehun turned at them. "Don't tell anyone about this. Okay? And-" he paused for a moment. "You know when the date case happened?" 

Haneul closed his eyes, tried to remember that. "It was..." He opened his eyes quickly. "Christmas. 2007?"

Sehun was silent and asked again, "Are you sure?"

"Of course. December 25th is Christmas, right?"


Nothing was more surprising than seeing Sehun in the living room of her house talking to her parents. Ahyoung was completely silent on the steps while watching them.

"Oh, Yura... " Ahyoung's mom looks happy to see her came. "Detective Oh said he wanted to pick you up, he said you were drunk last night so he took your car."

Mr. Kim smiled politely to Sehun. "Sorry to trouble you."

Sehun smiled back. "We were friends from high school so there's nothing to worry about."

"Oh, really?" Mrs. Kim seems interested. "Why didn't you tell us?" She looked at her daughter in dazzling looks like she loved the information.

Ahyoung went down and looked at Sehun, "You shouldn't have bothered. I can ask the driver to take me."

Mrs. Kim shoots her. "Why do you say that? You must have to thank him."

"I wanted to tell you but I don't have your phone number," Sehun said to Ahyoung.

Mr. Kim snorted, "You are schoolmates but have no contact with each other." 

"I gave my number but she didn't even call me."

Ahyoung flustered how he suddenly brought up about the phone number. Mrs. Kim eyed at her daughter, "Gave your number now to him."

"I can give him outside later. We have to go now, it's late-"

Sehun gets up as took his phone from his pocket pants and it at her, "We still have five minutes, you can save your number now."

Ahyoung looked at the phone and back to him. Mrs. Kim nudge her and gestured to the phone, "What are you doing? Don't embarrass him."

Ahyoung felt annoyed at her mother who suddenly became stinging, she was forced to give him her number. Ahyoung's cell phone rings inside her bag when Sehun tries to call her, “I was just checking it." He put back his cellphone to his pocket. "Then, we have to go now."

"Yeah.." Mr. Kim stood up and Mrs. Kim smiled widely seeing them went out. "Be careful!" 

Ahyoung looked at her mom like don't overacted before she closed the door. 

"Don't expect anything, I heard Mr. Kwon asked him to be his son-in-law." Mr. Kim told his wife.

Mrs. Kim just smiled. "As long as he doesn't accept it, he's still free and he looks like Yura."

"Don't try to match her up."

"You did too back then." She glared. "With Mino."

"It's different. Now, we must focus on her to fully recover from her trauma."

Mrs. Kim snickered at his face. "It's because of you she's like that." She added, "If you don't try to cover up Mr. song, then your daughter will not suffer!" She left her husband who was speechless.

"You would still hate me if we lose everything!" Mr. Kim yelled even he was late and heard the door closed. He let out his breath in frustating and sat on the sofa to calm him down. Of course, he knows that he couldn't against the fact about his fault but he knows that was the best decision at that time.


Ahyoung followed Sehun to his car. Having him in her house not only surprised her but knocked another corner of her heart. Sehun who she knew would not go that far, he became a real man. Now, he does a lot of unexpected things.

But, she remains hard on herself, she still tried to build a wall between them. "Let's be clear..." Ahyoung began.

"It's clear that I'm here to pick you up because your car was taken by me to the office." Sehun turned around while opening the car door for her and he gestured to the car with his an eyebrow.

Ahyoung blinked slowly. "You know what I mean."

He shook his head. "I don't know." She knows he was pretending. "Just tell me what you mean." She sighed and get in the car. She could have embarrassed herself if she said what inside her mind to him.

Sehun quietly smiles and closed the door for her. He was laughing shortly in silence as ran to the driver's seat door,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter