Ch. 1 - Begin Again

Meet You Again 2: Fall For Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From his desk, Sehun could see Ahyoung sitting in the prosecutor's room with Nara. "I told you, she's pretty, right?" Hyukjae whispered towards him.

Sehun pushed Hyukjae's seat, "Shut up."

Hyukjae giggled and gave him a teasing look. Sehun rolls his eyes and puts the calendar to block his vision to the prosecutor's room. It's been two days they met at the office, not a single word came out of their mouths even when they in the same room. Even during meetings, Sehun always leaves the room first and ignores Ahyoung. He even could not see her face directly.

"Yoo Jae Hee. Fifteen years. Found dead in a ditch near her school. She was found with her feet and hands tied. The way the perpetrator killed her was the same as the serial murder case in Gyeonggi." Mr. Yoon led the meeting while showing the victim's face and some crime scene photos. 

"Gyeonggi serial murder?” Sehun muttered.

"Yes." Nara gave some sheets of paper to Sehun. "1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 ... he did it for every two years in the same way and then stopped in 2006. Then cases like this appeared again in 2013. And the last case now, 2019. The age of the victim he killed was the same and it was a female student. I believe that the killer is the same person."

"Then what if this is a perpetrator who is just copying to cover up his alibi?" Hyukjae said.

"Remember, our focus is on finding the perpetrator of the Gyeonggi serial murder. This could be a big clue or we will still find nothing."

"Then I will coordinate with the police in Gyeonggi to see the crime scene with Jiyoon." Sehun said.

"We coming with you," Nara said. Sehun looked at her and glanced at Yura to confirmed that we. "Yura will come too. This will be her first time seeing the crime scene." Nara added.

Sehun didn't answer and only exchanged glances with Ahyoung. Mr. Yoon clapped, "Okay, if you find something. Hurry up and tell me right away.."

"Whoa, if we manage to solve this case then our rank will go up." Hyukjae smiled widely.

"But, if we fail then I'm the one who will be transferred from the team." Mr. Yoon gave him a real look.

"Me too," Nara said.

"It will not happen," Sehun assured Mr. Yoon and Nara.

Jiyoon nodded agreed. "We even solved the case of ten years ago, I'm sure we'll solve this old case too."

Sehun put the books and papers in front of him. "Then, I'm leaving now."

"Let's go," Nara said to Ahyoung as she stood up.

Jiyoon smiled and put her hand on Ahyoung's shoulder. "Let's go."

Ahyoung nodded and followed them. She found this kind of work interesting, looking at the police doing investigation was interesting and she started to enjoy it. 

Sehun was already in the car, Nara ran to the front passenger seat door to sit next to Sehun. Ahyoung watched the two, if in the past maybe she would have done something like that too.

"Are you getting used to it now?" Jiyoon walked beside Ahyoung and tilted her head towards her.

Ahyoung smiled, "I don't know. But, I think I'll enjoy it."

"Thankfully. I thought you wouldn't enjoy it, especially with Sehun… it must be awkward right?"

Ahyoung shook her head. "I'm glad to see him become what he is today. It's his dream since high school.."

Sehun honked the two of them to quickly get in the car, he gave them a stare. "Geez." Jiyoon walked faster and Ahyoung just following her. They got into the car, and Sehun immediately sped up the car.

While in the car, Ahyoung could see Sehun's face in the rearview mirror. When her father said she was going to start working, she just found out that Sehun was there and she was refused to work there but his father reminded her of the written contract between them. She couldn't do anything besides just accepted it.

They arrive at the crime scene. When Ahyoung saw how narrow the gutter was, she shuddered at the thought of the victim. Sehun and Jiyoon check the CCTV point around the location, Nara and Ahyoung jot down all the license plates around the car to get a record of their cars.

"If the victim is a teenager, it could be a case of violence or , right?" Ahyoung said as walking with Nara.

Nara agreed. "The perpetrator may have psychological problems because all victims have the same age and gender, the way he binds all victims is also the same."

They arrived in front of the school building, waiting for Sehun and Jiyoon. "The post mortem results will be out tomorrow, so we'll see.."

Ahyoung looked around. "But, weren't the perpetrators too brave to put the victim into the roadside gutters? Lots of CCTV and cars were parked here."

"The victim is wrapped in a trash bag, the perpetrator could have pretended to throw out the trash or deliberately dumped it here for some other motive," Nara explained.

Not long, Sehun and Jiyoon came. "Three CCTV is broken and it looks like someone broke it on purpose.." Sehun said.

"We've recorded all the license plates and we'll call them later to ask permission to take the recordings," Nara said.

"Well, we can still gather a lot of evidence.." Jiyoon said. "Then, let's go to check the CCTV recording first."

After checking the CCTV record and giving the report to Mr. Yoon, they're all back at the office. At the office, Hyukjae, Ijoon, and Sera were sitting at the table while enjoying the food, "Sehun, your father and your sister were here as brought us food." Hyukjae chewed the food vigorously.

Sehun lightly hit Hyukjae's forehead with the book, "Who told you to eat all of this." He sat with them. Jiyoon laughed from behind and check the foods. Nara joined them, "So my future of fathers-in-law and sister-in-law came." Nara glanced at Sehun with teasing looks.

Sehun rolls eyes pretended to not hear that. Ahyoung still feels strange among everyone there. She just standing there, looking at all of them. Maybe because of Sehun or maybe because she didn't know what to do in front of Sehun. He never looked directly into her face which made her think he hated her or disappointed at her. She couldn't pretend they were nothing but she couldn't initiate it either. So, she decided to go to her room quietly.

"Yura, where are you going? Let's eat together here.." Ahyoung stopped when Jiyoon noticed her. She couldn't say no to her and then she sat in front of Sehun.

"Try it, Sehun's dad opened a rib soup restaurant," Nara told her like she was proud of that. 

Sehun took a glanced at Ahyoung, he shifts the bowl of soup to her. "Try it.." His voice was neither too loud nor too low. But, it sounded awkward.

Jiyoon fed the food into while glancing at the two of them and hiding her amused smile. For some reason, she was happy to see them. 

Even though Sehun didn't seem to care when Ahyoung first came to the office, Jiyoon knew that it was bothering him. He busied himself at the beginning but was secretly watching Ahyoung from afar. Listen carefully whenever others talk about her.

"Shouldn't we be celebrating a new team member?" Hyukjae said in excitement.

"Ah, you don't need to.." Ahyoung knows it's for her. "I am not police member."

"Then, let's celebrate tonight," Nara suggested. "We are not police officer but we are team for several months."

Ahyoung shook her hands to them. "No need. You all must be tired-"

"Let's go!" Jiyoon excited.

Everyone raised their hands in agreement except Sehun. "You don't agree?" Hyukjae nudges Sehun's shoulder. Everyone stared at Sehun which made him flustered, "I-follow you guys.." He looked down and focused on eating as Ahyoung glanced at him with a short smile.

After their work was done, they gathered in front of the office, waiting for each other. Nara and Ahyoung still in their room. Nara took her bag and looked at Ahyoung who still do something on her computer. "Let's go .. " Nara said.

"After sending the email, I'll be down," Ahyoung said.

Nara walked towards the door. "Okay, don't be too long."

Ahyoung nodded and click the sent on the screen. She turned off the computer and cleared her desk. She looked out of the room, no one there. So, she hurried and walked out of the room quickly, worries they'll waiting for her too long.

As walking fast, she accidentally nudged the picture that was above Sehun's table divider, luckily she caught it. "Ah, that was close." It was a photo of Sehun with his team. She looked at it for a moment and carefully replaced it. Her eyes caught a glimpse of a pink letter that on his desk but she didn't really mind so she turned away but of a sudden, she stopped when something just pops out in her head. Isn't that...

Ahyoung turned around and took the pink letter. She checked it carefully, it's knocked her memory, She did not believe that the letter she wrote twelve years ago was actually sent, that means the postal mail program for the future was no joke. She saw that the letter had not been opened because there was still a seal. She looked around, she thought of taking it back. Wouldn't it be too embarrassing if he read it now in their weird situation? 

When Ahyoung was about to put it in the bag, someone's voice startled her from behind. "What are you doing?"

Ahyoung quickly turned around and flipped the letter behind her back. Sehun was standing there, close enough.

"I—" she swallowed. "I accidentally dropped your photo earlier so I fixed it." She's not completely lying. "Well, I'll go be down then.." 

But, Sehun caught the reflection of pink objects on his tumbler behind her. Firmly, Sehun said. "Wait a minute." 

She stopped, feels her breath not there. She looked at him like what do you want now.

"Give it to me." He said.

She her eyebrows, "W-hat?" Pretend not to understand.

"The thing on your back.” 

Ahyoung's hand flies down to her pocket. "The thing? Oh, it's nothing. It's a junk mile. I'll recycle it.."

Sehun was still staring at her. Ahyoung shrugged, "So, let's go. Everyone waiting.." She walked passed him. And, she thought it goes well but Sehun grabs her hand and pulled her closer to him.

Ahyoung looked his face in nervousness. Sehun's gaze sedated her, she didn't realize Sehun snatched the letter from her pocket smoothly. He held up the letter in front of her, "Taking people's things without permission is called theft. You should know better about the ensnares of the theft law.."

She felt her spirit drop-down, thinking he would read her letter...she couldn't even imagine how could she face him, every day, in the office.

Sehun let go of her hand and turned around while tucking the letter in his jacket pocket. There was no other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter