Welcome, baby!

Parental Guidance

Seulgi occasionally checks the notes on her phone and the shopping cart, she was torn between choosing the spices in front of her.

Why would Seungwan needs all of this spices when salt and pepper are enough. Geez.

"Unnie, did you get all of it?" Yerim asks after she comes back from the snacks aisle.

Seungwan told Yerim, her cousin, to accompany Seulgi to go shopping for the little welcome party at their house. Knowing how clumsy her wife was, no matter how much she trusts her wife she couldn't let her shopping alone. She would ended up buying all promo stuffs offered to her and forget the things she should buy.

"Just help me find the oregano and thyme and we're done. Damn, why is it hard!"

"You and your instant food will never understand"

"Coming from someone who messed up chappaghetti, yeah sure"

"At least i know how the spices looks like." Yerim scoffed as she finds the things they looking for and throws it into the cart.

"Ugh, i still can't believe Seungwannie told you to come with me." She mutters while checking her notes again. "We're done, let's go."

Ever since Sori's birth, Seulgi takes a break from her work to focus on helping Seungwan recovers and looks after Sori. Being new mothers was not easy, the classes she took does help. She learned the basics on how to make formula, how to give a bath to a baby, how to change diapers and cleans them. She basically learned all of it because she knows how the after effects of giving birth on Seungwan. Almost three weeks in the hospital helps them so much, but now they are home and they have to do it all alone without any help from the nurses.

She didn't want to admit it but having Yerim on their side makes it easier. She could focus on Seungwan when Yerim stayed at their house. It was like having a free nanny.

"We're home!"

Seulgi greets and goes to her kitchen with Yerim and their 6 huge plastic bags. She cleans her hands and goes to the living room, leaving Yerim who was rummaging the bags to find her jelly.

The sight that welcomes her in the living room makes her squealed internally. Seungwan on the couch breatfeeding their baby on her chest. Call her whipped or whatever but Seungwan looks so ethereal with the lights from their full-length window and her small smile looking at their daughter.
The latter looks up when she feels someone watches her.

"Look, Sori. Mommy's here." Seungwan says, "Welcome home, love"

Seulgi takes a seat beside her wife and kisses Sori's cheek before pecking her wife's lips.

"You're not troubling mama while mommy's away, are you?"

"Fortunately she's so much like you, Seul. She literally asleep when you were gone and just woke up before you back"

"And you, do you have a good rest?" Seulgi asks as she stares at her wife fondly. 

"I do, thanks for taking care of me." Seungwan says booping her nose with Seulgi's.

Their little peaceful moment gets interrupted when a click of shutter heard. Yerim, the culprit, with her film camera aggressively takes their photo. If anyone didn't see the camera they would think Yerim was the one to get her photo taken considering how well she posed while taking their pictures with her camera.

They spent the whole afternoon preparing for their little party, with Yerim helping Seungwan in the kitchen and Seulgi busied herself playing with Sori. Even though Yerim mostly just chopping and tasting because Seungwan was the one who did the actual cooking. Yes, she ended up tasting almost half of the food. 

When they all done preparing the food, Seulgi let Seungwan rest while she takes Sori to bath. That is actually a new challenge for her since she still scared to do it. The instructor from the class used a doll to teach her but she has to do it for her own daughter, a real living human being, not a doll. 

"You want me to help?" Seungwan says from the door looking her nervous wife checking the temperature of the water.

"No, you go get ready. I got this"

"You sure?"

Seulgi didn't answer as she was busied herself holding Sori in her arm, brushing her hair with her palm waiting for any uncomfortable signs from her baby.

Sori has her eyes wide open staring at Seulgi, trying to get used to the sight of her mother. She makes noises as if trying to say to her mother that the water was okay and encourage her to do more. Sensing her daughter seems okay with the temperature Seulgi starts bathing her gently, using all the baby products she has prepared before. 

Seulgi feels more confident and proud to herself, all her hardworks pays off when she saw her baby keeps making giggle sounds and staring at her intently.

"Why are you so cute, Kang sori." Seulgi says when they done with the bath. 

The small party they held only attended by Yerim and Seulgi's parents since Seungwan's still in Canada and couldn't come to see their newly born granddaughter. Thanks to modern technology and Yerim who suggested it, they still managed to have a party together even though they were separated by the ocean, with them having a nice dinner in Seoul and Seungwan's parents with their breakfast. 

The dinner was light and warm and everyone were so glad that night, although the Kangs keeps teasing on Seulgi how their princess already has her own princess now and the Shons told them about their plans for Sori in the future. Sori, the main talk of the night, stay on her curb slseping with all the commotion going on.

"You really should take care of Seungwan, these parents things is not easy"

"Of course, Mom. I know it."

"She may not say it but i could see that she's drained physically and mentally."

"I'm trying, Mom. Believe me." Seulgi assure her mother. 

"I still can't believe our princess is a mother now." Seulgi's mother says while holding her hands and smile softly to her. Seulgi blushes hearing her mother bring up the topic again. 

"Mom, please! Yerim won't stop making fun of me!" She whines, feeling like a certain person near, looking at them and mouthing "princess~" to her. 

 

 

A/N:

Omg I'm so sorry, i'm so bad at writing endings