Yerim

Parental Guidance


Playing by herself inside the curb surrounded by toys beside her and her aunt watches her with laptop on her lap. Feeling bored to play alone Sori decided to roll herself on her tummy. She kicks the air to prepare herself before rolling herself but her favourite cony plushie is on her way. It stuck on her side and being a baby who just learned how to roll to her tummy, she still doesn't know how to roll back so she stays laying on her side for a few seconds before it annoys her.

Sori starts fussing and second later she cries out loud startling Yerim on the side of her curb. She laughs to see the state of her nephew and takes a few pics with her phone before she helps her.

"Let's play on the mat baby, you are too big in your curb now" Yerim coos as she bring her out and lays her on the mat in the living room.

Yerim plays with Sori and ignore the thesis she's been working from the last 3 months. She's glad she came to her cousin's home that day, she missed her nephew and she really need distraction from working on it.

Seungwan comes out of her bedroom after her short nap to the living room, hoping to find her daughter and cousin. She found them but both passed out sprawling on the mat probably after playing too much. Yerim has her arm draped over Sori's back who sleeps on her stomach, both facing each other.

The wholesome sight makes Seungwan feel contented. Her baby cousin who likes to whine has grown into a beautiful woman, although they only five years apart but Seungwan practically raised her ever since they were kids even when she migrated to Canada. They visited each other every year and when Seungwan decided to live in Korea again to attend the university here, Yerim was the one who was excited more than herself. People often mistaken them as siblings by how close they are. Not to mention she was the one who made Seulgi had a hard time back when Seungwan and Seulgi still dating because she's Yerim and she just being protective to her cousin.

Watching Yerim became a final year student now, she realised how much she has grown. The whiny kid is now an adult and she takes her role raising Sori just like she used to do with her before. She goes back to her room and take a blanket for Yerim and bring Sori to her own room and let them rest for the whole afternoon.

After hours of sleeping Yerim wakes up with the sound of typing and finds her cousin on the sofa with her laptop. She gets up carefully thinking her nephew still on her side but found nothing, her cousin probably moved Sori to her room when she still asleep. Yerim walks sleepily and sit beside Seungwan.

"Unnie" she whispered as she put her head on Seungwan's shoulder.

Seungwan hums and pats her head, "did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, but what are you doing with my laptop?"

"I saw it on the floor and your thesis were opened, i have nothing to do so..."

Yerim finally fully woke up and look at her cousin in disbelief. "You write my thesis?!"

"I just collect a few journals you could use, silly. Did you forget i minored in music?"

"Let's stop it I'm hungry" Yerim whines then takes the laptop from Seungwan and put it on sleep. She may not say it but she actually thankful for what Seungwan did. She kisses her cheek and hugs her.

"What was that for?" Seungwan knows, but she likes to . Yerim who is aware her cousin wants to tease chose to not answer and hugs her tighter to wrestle her. "Yah, Kim Yerim!"

"Fine"

"Are you staying tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll use the guest room."

"That's literally your room."

"I don't live here, unnie."

"You sleep here more often than in your own apartment."

"Blame your little drooler." Seungwan pinch her thigh after saying that. "Hey! Okay, sorry."

"Told you to just move here, even aunty and uncle told you to"

"Let them be unnie, I'm an adult now."

"Well then, adult woman. Go make your own food"

"Noooo" Yerim whines (again) as she nuzzles her shoulder. Seungwan giggles seeing her cousin acting like a child again, she always did in front of her though. "I didn't came here for weeks and i  want to eat home cooked meal unnie, please"

"Omg, Yerim-ah, I'm so sorry but i promise Seulgi we're going to have dinner outside tonight." Whispered Seungwan, she feels bad for Yerim. It's the first time she came home after a while but Seulgi called her earlier saying she wants to take her outside. "Is it okay? I can cancel it, we still have time I'll just call Seulgi."

"Unnie, don't" Seungwan wants to protest but Yerim continues, "but let Seulgi unnie pay, i want to break her wallet."

Seulgi already arrived in the restaurant she booked hours before and waits for her family. She came straight from her work with someone after finishing the project they have together and it makes her to finally have a week break before preparing for another project.

She's about to text her wife when the door of the private door she's at opened, revealing her wife pushing her daughter's stroller with Yerim tailing behind her.

"Hi, love." She greets her wife by kissing her on the lips and picks Sori up from her stroller and kisses her cheeks. "Hello to you too Yerimmie, when did you came home?"

"This afternoon"

"Okay..." Seulgi gets taken aback by her cold answer and ask her wife about it.

"Don't worry, love. She actually wants some home cooked meal for dinner but I promised her breakfast."

Seulgi laughs and ruffles Yerim's hair with her left hand, her right hand still carrying Sori who clung onto her shoulder, she missed her mother. They seated on their table with Seulgi playing with her daughter and Seungwan beside her, Yerim seated across Seungwan scanning the menu book. While everyone busy with their own another person came into the room.

"I'm sorry, the line was long in the restroom"

Yerim turns her head from the menu book to the person who just came and side hugged her cousin in awe. The said gorgeous person takes a seat beside her and bowed politely. Her brain gets malfunction and she goes rigid sitting beside her.

"Sooyoung this is Kim Yerim, Seungwan's cousin, Yerim it's Park Sooyoung" Seulgi introduce them. She can't believe her eyes and her ears. Park Sooyoung a.k.a Joy a.k.a the idol she's been following since her debut is sitting beside her.

"Yerim-ah, close your mouth" Seungwan teases her and Yerim quickly close and bowed back. The two older person in the room held their giggle seeing the reaction from Yerim.

"H-hi"

"Hello" Sooyoung greets cheerfully.

Yerim still can't believe what's happening then looks at her cousin and shield from the side and mouthing something to her cousin. "Holy unnie, it's Joy." Seungwan and Seulgi laugh along with Sori who also giggles to see her parents together after missing her mother who left for work this morning even though she doesn't understand what's happening while still clinging to her mother.

Joy excuses herself after dinner telling them she has morning schedule tomorrow and the couple thank her for coming to the dinner. Yerim just give her a small smile before she heads out, when she is sure Joy is far from their room she she sighs in relief and slumped onto her seat.

"What the hell was that?!" She whines and took some fries to .

"Hey, language!" Seungwan protests.

"I see nothing wrong, Yerim-ah"

"You both made this whole dinner talking about me in front of Joy!"

"I just want to brag about my cousin and what about it."

"You like it though, and it seems like Sooyoung too"

"Unnies, she's a public figure, an idol, she can't like me like that, I'm just her fan"

"Why do you say it like we want to marry you off?"

"Yeah, we talked about others too not just you, duh"

Yerim groans and angrily eat her second fries with her unnies stare at her in amusement. Seungwan and Seulgi laugh seeing Yerim whines like a toddler. They actually did want to make Yerim and Joy together, it wasn't planned before though. Seeing them together in their dinner, with Yerim keeps shying away and flustered every time Joy talks to her or facing her. They both think it's cute to see Yerim like that and they like Joy too.

"Please, unnies. Now I can't see her without embarrassing myself."

"Aww Yerimmie, it's just us and you looked cute"

A ding of notification heard from Seulgi's phone, when she checks it's a text from Joy. Seulgi reads it and teasing smile bloomed on her face. She showed the text to Yerim and Yerim squeals with her red face.

Unnie, thanks for tonight's dinner i had fun. Sori is bigger now and i miss her already :( say hi for me to Seungwan unnie too.

Oh, and Yerim is cute too ;) i hope i can meet her again.

 

A.N:

Hi!! It's been awhile sorry for the late update and this update is more like wenri not wenseul lol because I've been listening to the song yeri made with wendy in her mind and it's so 🥺

P.s : don't forget to watch yerihan bang yall💗💛💙💚💜