Happy Birthday Mommy!

Parental Guidance

A/N :

A little heads up since im going to make it as a flashback to when Sori was still 6 months old because it's a special chapter for Seul's birthday! Honestly i could fit it in the to the actual time plot but Sori would be 18 months old and it'll be too fast because I still want her to be the babiest baby :( oh and FYI Sori was born on August 1st yeah i know such a lame move lol because i cant think of any other date so basically she's a summer baby. Anyways enjoy~

 

 

Seulgi was ecstatic, who wouldn't when she got a day break on her birthday and she planned it to spend the whole day with her cute little family which would be her first birthday as three. But it kinda dissapoint her when the love of her life, her soulmate, the apple of her eyes who never miss to give her birthday greetings right when the clock strikes at 00:00 because said person slept early which was a rare sight and surprisingly woke up late.

 

Seulgi thought Seungwan was too tired these days with the parenthood and working, which just started few days ago and it was understandable if she forgot. Not like her birthday is the best day that happens only once a year where she turned a year older. Nope not special, not at all.

 

Seulgi checked the time and sighed, they had appointment for Sori at 10 and they had 3 hours to prepare. She looked at the still sleeping Seungwan on her left and pulled the blanket over her. Seulgi headed out to her daughter's room not before pressing a kiss onto Seungwan's forehead.

 

Little did she knew Seungwan was already awake earlier before her, holding her smile to bloom. Seungwan wanted to coo over how cute Seulgi looks when she didn't get her usual birthday greetings and kisses but she also regretted it when she saw how dissapointed her mate looked.

 

Seungwan tiredly got up and headed to Sori's room to found Seulgi feed their daughter while humming a birthday song and played with her small chubby hands. She chuckled and stayed by the door, quietly entered the room when they're done. Seungwan slithered her arms to Seulgi's waist and pretend to be sleepy, mumbling good morning on her left shoulder and kissed Sori's forehead.

 

Seungwan took Sori and put her back to her crib surprising Seulgi who just standing on her own feet. She embraced her again and nuzzled her chest, Seulgi hugged her back and grinned. Flustered over how clingy her wife in the morning although she didn't complain. This Seungwan happened only once in a blue moon.

 

Seulgi hugged her tighter and kissed her crown. "Sori is staring" she whispered to Seungwan when she saw Sori looking at them curiously with her big eyes. Seungwan just hummed still not letting go. "I don't order clingy Wani in the morning" Seulgi said, amusement evident in her tone.

 

Seungwan playfully bit her collarbone for teasing her, "I didn't hug you before sleep yesterday." She softly patted the small on her back. "I didn't see you when i wake up either."

 

Seulgi couldn't held it and laughed loudly letting her wife being greasy. "Do you know today is a special day?" She asked hoping her wife got the hint.

 

"Vaccine day!" Seungwan said cheerfully, facing her wife's face with grin and gave her a liplock. "Go get ready, I'm going to prepare breakfast."

 

Seulgi was huffing and puffing the whole way to the clinic. Seungwan smiled and pretend to be oblivious by playing with her daughter through the rearview mirror. She took Seulgi's hand on the gear and played with her thumb. Knowing full well if she didn't do it Seulgi would be whining all day. Seeing the frown on her spouse face disappeared she leaned back on her seat still not letting go on her hold.

 

They arrived on the clinic and registered her daughter's name, waiting for their turn. The doctor doing her regular checkups before proceeding to give her shots.

 

"Do you want me to hold her? I don't want you to cry again" Seungwan whispered to Seulgi. The last time they went to vaccinate Sori, the doctor was struggling because Sori cried after seeing the syringe and Seulgi also cried when she saw her daughter cried.

 

"It's okay, i can manage now. Don't worry, love" She assured her wife and put Sori on her lap, Sori started squirming on her lap and she tried to hold back her sobs which already forming in her eyes.

 

Seungwan pulled down Sori's pants to give access for the doctor for injection through her thighs. Before the doctor prepare the syringe Seulgi who determined not to cry made her daughter attention to her as to made her not see the vaccine. It proved to be effective since Sori still not cry even after the doctor held her right thigh but her cries filled the room soon after the doctor injected her.

 

Seulgi immediately turned Sori around and secure her in her embrace when the doctor done and whispered sweet words and praises to her daughter. While Seulgi calming her baby Seungwan listened attentively on the doctor's explanation about Sori's development who surprisingly in the faster rate than average and made the new parents felt proud.

 

After the vaccination they decided to stroll around their favourite park before lunch. The park wasn't crowded since it was weekday and pretty early. Like usual they spread their picnic carpet and blanket to sit on it. 

 

Seulgi was on her stomach copying her daughter who just started to get energetic again after her vaccination. They chilling out like that and blabbering in every syllables while Seungwan just sitting down. Seulgi thought the day was perfect minus any birthday things happening. She remembered Seungwan still forgot about her birthday and huffed.

 

While Seulgi busy playing with Sori, Seungwan sneakily texted her cousin on the preparation for the surprise. The day was planned before, she intentionally slept early the night before breaking her own tradition to gives Seulgi birthday greetings at midnight sharp. With the help of her cousin and best friend, Yerim and Joohyun, she prepared a party for Seulgi in her cafe. She invited Seulgi's parents and friends including Joy.

 

Yerim told her the preparation were all done and everybody was there, they just need to bring Seulgi to get her surprise. Seungwan then asked Seulgi to pack up and go home because she needs to do something in the cafe and their leisure time of the day had to be finished.

 

Disappointment was evident in Seulgi's face, just minutes ago she was thinking on how to make the day gets more into perfection by reminding Seungwan about her birthday.

 

"You can head home first, I still want to stay here with Sori." Seulgi stated without even looking at her.

 

Seungwan was surprised, no way she could bring her to the cafe if she acted like this. She texted Joohyun about her situation and her older best friend called her soon after.

 

"Unnie" Seungwan picked up the call and glanced to Seulgi who was looking at her. "Can't you do it alone today?"

 

"I can't believe she's moping around because you haven't greet her birthday!" Joohyun said frustrated over her uncooperative friend.

 

"I'm with Seulgi and Sori outside, i don't think we can go. Is it really important?" Seungwan hoped her acting was enough to Seulgi.

 

"Bet she was pouting and whining across you now, jeez that kid she's 30 -KIM YERIM DON'T EAT THE CAKE YET" Seungwan started to panic, one for the act and two for thinking her cousin could devour the food clean before the party even started. "Seungwan, tell her I want you here immediately to sign some papers"

 

"Okay, unnie. See you" Seungwan sighed and Seulgi still long at her and now with worry on her face.

 

"Everything okay?"

 

"She needs me to sign some paper, it probably not long." 

 

"Let's go then"

 

"But you still want to play"

 

"We're good, we can continue later after your work." Seulgi assured her wife with smile and packed everything. Seungwan was hoping the surprise would be worth it.

 

They arrived to Seungwan's cafe and went straight to office. Seungwan told Seulgi to wait upstairs and entered the kitchen instead of the office. The others was waiting upstairs with their surprise and she would be the one to deliver the cake.

 

Seulgi was confused since the cafe was empty without any customers, even she couldn't find any employee. She climbed the stairs then saw the same condition from before but there were some shushing from the corner that leads to the outdoor and she could see her cousin in-law with Joy. They both freaked out because their job supposed to check if Seulgi already up and inform the people outside to get ready but they were busted.

 

"Well hello there" Seulgi teasingly said watching two people in the corner with shocked expression whom she knew.

 

"H-hi unnie" Yerim and Joy said in unison. Joy regain her composure and told them she going to wait outside.

 

"Kim Yerim what are you doing with her here?" With her wriggling eyebrows Yerim wanted to smack her cousin in-law so much but it was Seulgi's birthday and the surprise was less than 5 meters from their spot.

 

"Not your business. Come with me unnie" Yerim took Sori from Seulgi's hold and guide them outside.

 

Seulgi stepped outside and stopped in her tracks when she saw her parents, brother and friends popped up confetti and a loud happy birthday could be heard. Then there was her wife, the love of her life, her soulmate, the apple of her eyes in the middle of it holding a cake and a big smile on her face.

 

"Happy birthday, love"

 

Seulgi surged forward and scooped her petite wife in her arms, hiding her face on her neck and crying by the overwhelmed feeling. A relief, thankful and happiness came together and Seungwan just laughed, kissing her temples as a silent sorry for lying to her. 

 

"Enough with the crying, we got a cake to blew and a party to start." Joohyun broke the moment startling the married couple.

 

Sori just giggled and and clapping at the side watching her parents from the side.