Next Level

Parental Guidance

Seulgi being the good director that she is continue to monitor her artist in the mean time. Aespa just had a comeback even though she doesn't involved directly she still needs to know how they are doing.

Don't forget she also a mother to a now two years old Sori. She monitor the recent performances of her artist in the living room couch with Sori playing with her toys on her own corner.

Next level keeps playing on loop and Seulgi watch them with hawk eyes trying to find anything for their next meeting as her feedback. Sori who gets bored follows her mom watching the TV and moves her small body to the rhythm. Her chubby feet tapping the floor trying to follow the dance she sees.

Seulgi doesn't realize her daughter's cute act as she too immersed in monitoring. The last performance ends and Seulgi mindlessly changes to Netflix to continue the series she watched. She also don't realize her daughter flustered face.

"Mommy..."

"Yes, baby?" She answers and turns her head to Sori but her eyes still on TV scrolling through series and movies.

"Ansh"

"What is it?"

"Ansh!"

"Want me to hold your hand?"

"Ansh!" Sori says half screaming startling Seulgi and gives her full attention to her daughter. "Ansh!" She frustratedly says while throwing her body to the couch about to cry. Seulgi who thinks it was cute now concerns on what makes her daughter so upset.

"Come here." Seulgi picks Sori up to her lap and kisses her cheeks. "My baby wants something?"

"...ansh"

Sori wants to tell Seulgi to play the song again to dance. Bless her pure soul in babble, she just started to learn a few words and the only understandable words everyone managed to hear are mommy, mama, tyty as in Aunty Yerim and gookie for cookies or snacks in general.

Well sometimes Seungwan understand whatever Sori saying probably due to the fact she spends more time with her than anyone but now Seungwan is nowhere in sight. The cafe has been busy with afternoon gigs since Seungwan and Joohyun reform their cafe to match with young preference as Yerim said.

It's still 6PM and Seungwan won't be home until 9 and Sori keeps throwing tantrums even after Seulgi calls Seungwan. It's getting worse when the call ends and Sori no longer hear nor see her Mama that she starts sobbing. Before Seulgi join  her cry, she takes Sori to the cafe and apologize profusely to her baby while patting her back.

The crying stops not long after they started driving and Seulgi sighs in relief but she's too deep in thought until they arrived to go after Seungwan. As if on cue the baby about to cry again when she sees her other mother and Seungwan coo and takes her into her arms.

"Oh my poor baby" Seungwan rocks Sori gently in her arms. "Did she cry all the way here?" Seungwan asks her wife and her heart breaks seeing her tired and sad face of hers.

Seulgi shakes her head as an answer then leans her head on her shoulder, her voice cracks when she tries to speak.

"She keeps saying the same thing but I don't understand her. I am such a bad mother." Seungwan frowns and brings Seulgi's face up to study her expression.

"Do not say that. Ever. Especially in front of me or our daughter. You are such an amazing mother you know that? You taught her to walk, you taught her to talk, you read her bedtime stories every night, you feed her every morning, you play with her even after working all day, you never lose your smile everytime you talk to our daughter. Just because you don't understand what she said it doesn't make you a bad mother."

"But you always know what she said."

"I don't. I never know or understand what she said. I was following my feelings on what she's on about."

"Mother instinct?" Seulgi asks in a small voice.

"Yes" A pause. "Don't blame yourself anymore and I know you're tired and she just in her tantrum phase. Remember what the doctor said to us?" 

Seungwan tries to tell her, she knows it will be a bigger problem later if they never talk about this. She has seen her wife's confused expression these days whenever Sori talks to her.

Sensing her mommy's distraught, Sori who was silent on her Mama's lap moves to Seulgi and circles her short arms on her neck. Seulgi startles and sees her daughter gives her the eye smile as if trying to reassure her.

"Wuff mommy"

"You love mommy?"

"Yish." Seulgi laughs and hugs her baby closer, Seungwan smiles proudly of them. 

Joohyun teases Seulgi that she being baby and Seungwan is actually having two baby at home while Seungwan argue it's three with Yerim. Sori in the middle could only squeals and laughs pretending to join the conversation while the adults are impressed by her.

Suddenly Sori starts tapping her feet on the floor and twirls her body following a familiar song. Tonight's gig is from a dance cover group and they currently dancing next level on the cafe's rooftop stage. Sori repeating a word a few times and realisation hits Seulgi.

"Oh my god" Joohyun and Seungwan turn her focus to Seulgi who is laughing at nothing while Sori still dancing happily in her own world. "She meant dance! Ansh. Dance. Ansh. Dance. How could i not know!" She facepalm herself thinking how she took this long to understand it. "Baby you're coming with Mommy to office next Monday".

 

A/N:

Hi! This is a super short update because it's been awhile and i miss this fic but I can't think of any to write that's why i force myself to wrote this one. Forgive me because this is so bad and I can't decide on another scenarios also I haven't proofread this one because i know it was bad but I can't help to not update is that even make sense???? Hjfhfhf

Hopefully I will have a better mood to write something better. Until then please support Red Velvet. Tschüss!

P.S: Don't forget to stream Joy's Hello🥰💚