Work Visit

Parental Guidance

"Did you already pack all of it, Seul?"

"Yep"

"Nappies? Blanket? Baby powder?"

"Yep, yep, yep"

"Bottle?"

Seulgi turns her head to her wife beside her who busies herself on changing Sori to a tiger onesie. Seungwan's face filled with worry, her scrunched eyebrows, eyes unfocused and fingers fiddling with the buttons of their daughter's outfit they chose earlier that day.

Seulgi got a call from her work and she was needed on the set. Despite taking a break for 3 months and working remotely, she still needed on set to direct the project. She was in charge of one of the artist's comeback, whom also her long time friend ever since she joined the company, Park Sooyoung or known as Joy.

Going to work means she left Seungwan and Sori at home alone for almost a whole day, she would not be worried if Yerim wasn't busy with her study but she is and she hasn't visit them for days. Seungwan assured that she will be okay at home with their daughter and told her to not worry. But Seulgi is Seulgi, she insisted that Seungwan would probably needs her in the meantime and she also has this tiny little feel to show her daughter to everyone at work (her assistant told her their PR manager brought her 1 year old son to work and everyone couldn't stop talking about it).

Funny how she was the one that worries about leaving her wife and daughter at home before but then Seungwan was the one that super worried on their first outing. Yes, this is the first time she and her daughter will go out. From picking the cutest outfit and preparing necessities for her daughter and her wife even though Seulgi already prepared all of it since the night before.

"Hey, everything's ready." Seulgi says, caressing her wife's hair and pats her head.

"What if we forget something there, have you checked it again?"

"Love" Seungwan stops her ramble and looks at her wife who gives her eye smile, she heard Sori making voices and squealed. "Look, Sori making fun of your rambling." Seungwan rolls her eyes and kisses her daughter cheek.

She sighs, "Sorry, it's our first time to go out like this."

"No need to say sorry, i already prepared her needs and if we need something later we can just buy it."

"Geez, rich people"

"Says the chaebol" Seungwan rolls her eyes twice under five minutes.

Just like what she imagined, everyone was gushing over Sori like she was the celebrity there. She had to shush them away for crowding on Seungwan and Sori too much and get them back to work.

"Unnie!"

"Sooyoungie!" Seungwan let herself gets hugged by the singer.

"Oh my god, look who do we have here" Joy took Sori in her arms and holds her. She keeps on holding Sori while talking to Seungwan even when she did her hair and make up. Being married to Seulgi made her know most of her friends and Joy is one of them.

When the set was ready and Seulgi calls everyone to start Joy gave Sori back to Seungwan. Seungwan smiles when she spots her wife on her work mode. It reminds her on their first meeting and she gets to look at her again like that after a while and holding their child makes her so proud and so in love.

The place of the shoot was a big park with no other people than them and the crews. Looks like Seulgi's company rent the whole park for the safety of their project. Seungwan was glad she agreed on following Seulgi to work, she doesn't know she needs it. She put Sori in the stroller and took her under the shade of tree facing a small river. The place wasn't close enough from where Seulgi was doing her job but not too far to worry her from not seeing them. She could see Seulgi monitoring the shoot seriously and Joy works in front of the cameras.

Seungwan plays with Sori on the mat, she was sure she's not the only one who likes to be outside. Sori keeps cooing and gurgling as she kicks her little feet. Seungwan couldn't help the smile that blooming on her face. She lets Sori doing her antics and she answers all her babbles. The park really does wonder to her. She never see Sori gets this active before and she makes a mental note to bring her outside more.

Seulgi sees them from across the river, she takes her camera and snaps them. She calls for a break and goes to her little family. When she reached them, Seungwan was feeding Sori in her arms, her small hands reaching her wife's face and her eyes didn't leave hers. Understandable, she thinks, she too couldn't keep her eyes off of Seungwan.

She sneaks her arms on Seungwan's waist and greet her softly by pecking her lips. Seulgi waits until she finished her bottle and takes her from Seungwan's hold.

"Hello, baby. Seems like you not bothering mama when mommy's away, huh?" She smooches those round cheeks and puts her on her shoulder waiting for her burp while patting her back. "Go eat your lunch, love, i'll keep her now", she says as she turns to her wife.

"What about your lunch?"

"I have my gorgeous wife to feed me, didn't i?" Seungwan rolls her eyes again for the nth times for the day and Seulgi giggles to herself on her own lines.

Seungwan takes the lunch box she prepared from home. Kimbap and fruits, the must-eat food on picnic. She takes one for her wife who still patting their daughter's back and one for her. Seulgi hummed and enjoying her break in peace.

A burp was heard halfway while they eating their lunch.

"Woah, that's a big burp missy. You sure ate a lot"

Sori starts making satisfied noises and Seulgi takes it as a cue for her to play with her. She brings her to her arms and blows on her tummy making her laugh, soon enough Sori's laugh filling the air around them. Seulgi was right when she said Sori's voice was heaven sent.

Seulgi lays on the mat and puts Sori on her chest. Their daughter snuggled to her mother and rubbing her eyes with her small paw signaling the sleepiness coming. Seungwan rubs her back and sings a lullaby to her baby to help her asleep. Seulgi listening to the lullaby also closes her eyes and both mother-daughter duo drift off to sleep.

Seungwan smiles to herself watching her baby sleeps with slightly open that looks exactly like what her wife's currently doing. It's cute to think both love of her lives sharing the same trait she adores the most. She just hoped Sori wouldn't snore in the future.

From across their spot Joy watches them, her mixed feelings bubbling in her chest. Maybe it was a really good thing to let her go that time she thought.