Single Tasking

Parental Guidance

A/N: It's a short one just because i miss wenseul, sorry Sori baby


With barely illuminated kitchen who only got its source of light from the small yellow lamp above the kitchen table and the laptop, Seulgi was working on finishing her project due tomorrow. Not wanting to disturb the other two residents of the house. It has been hours and she has moved from the office to the kitchen since she wanted to munch on something and needs some change to not get bored. Feeling a bit tired Seulgi then got up from her seat and find something in the fridge to drink. She closed the door as slowly as possible, it was 10 PM anyway. The quiet ambience made her continue whatever she working on until someone suddenly took a seat across her.

"Oh my god, Seungwan you scared me!"

The intruder giggled and murmured her sorry. "Still not finished?"

"No." A pout, "but it only needs a bit of finishing and then it's done." Seulgi says only sparing some glances to her wife. "I'll join you on a bed in a bit."

"You said that 2 hours ago."

"Really?" Seulgi said surprised, "I guess I took too long, huh?" Seungwan only shrugged as an answer and pulled Seulgi's mug, she refills it and drink some. Seungwan peeked on her screen and huffed seeing the report she doesn't understand.

"You know, Joohyun unnie made some new things for the cafe..."

Seungwan started to tell her day to Seulgi to accompany her work. From the story about their unnie to Sori who learn a new word. Seulgi hear it but she barely listened to any of it. Hums and nods were her answers to Seungwan to show her that she hear it. Seungwan is chatty for sure and Seulgi knows it, Seungwan also knows whenever Seulgi was focused on her work she actually not llistening to any of her blabber.

For anyone it might be rude but Seungwan knows Seulgi didn't mean it. She still giving her reactions to the story and it was enough for Seungwan. While Seulgi is the one that is so focused on the things she doing, Seungwan on the other hand likes to get distracted. When telling Seulgi the stories, she sometimes told her if Seulgi had a typo, or comments on how she typed too fast or too low.

"Seungwan-ah, you keep taking beside my ear. I can't focus."

"Oh, sorry!" Seungwan pulled her body and rest on the back of her seat. She shut her lips in a thin line and playing with her own fingers to keep from talking.

After a few moments, only the sound of her typing and breathing from both of them fills the kitchen. Seungwan back on her previous position beside Seulgi with her head tilted to the screen watching her work until Seulgi suddenly said something to break the silence.

"What did you say before, love?"

"I said nothing."

"Oh really? Why did you stop talking?"

"Are you for real?"

"What?"

"Just finish this and let's go to bed, please." Seungwan pleads

"Just this last sentence and... okay done!" Seulgi smiled brightly, closing her laptop and gives Seungwan a quick kiss on her forehead.

Seulgi pulled her wife by her shoulder and half dragging Seungwan to their room. Stopping by theird daughter's room to check on her and continue heading to their room.

Seulgi groaned when her back touch the bed, Seungwan chuckled at that and pulled the covers for both of them.

"Please continue your story."

"You just want a lullaby, aren't you?"

"Listening to you talk makes me calm, love."

"Sure"

"I love your voice, that's why we have Sori."

"Yeah, yeah." Seungwan playfully rolled her eyes but snuggled deeper to Seulgi's shoulder, seeking comfort from it. "I love your shoulder."

"Of course, you drool on it often." Seulgi laughed out loud and Seungwan bit her shoulder a little.