Alone

Parental Guidance

What can go wrong when the 'housewife' going on business trip which more like a business matter for a day and a trip for 3 days.

 

Nothing. On the first day. She definitely can manage for a day with the house, the baby and the bratty sister-in-law.

 

Second day in the morning and then she feels it. Who said being a housewife was easy? And while working? Alone? She needs to give a huge appreciation to Seungwan once she back home.

 

It's a peaceful morning if you exclude woke up late as per usual when her wife's around. Seulgi realised she is in huge trouble when she get woken up by Sori's crying. That baby never wake up cry unless nobody get her when she already wake up for hours and she needs her formula.

 

Seulgi slaps her forehead hard and run to Sori's crib immediately found her daughter sobbing with her face red and wet with her tears. She takes Sori in her arms and puts her on her left shoulder, a habit she does for her beloved two. She shushes her and rocking her back and forth.

 

Seulgi then kisses her chubby cheeks after Sori calms down. She brings her to the kitchen to make her formula and her breakfast. Greeting her in-law who half asleep on the living room couch and tells her to play with Sori while she fix their breakfast.

 

Fortunately the morning is peaceful again and she prepares both she and her daughter for work since Yerim can't babysit Sori for the day. With no meetings with the higher up only with the new girl group, aespa and some paperwork, Seulgi is considered lucky for the day because most people who work with her take turns on taking care of Sori. But it's also not that easy to her since Minjeong and Ning teach her daughter weird things when she wasn't looking and Jimin has to apologize on behalf of them.

 

After spending their day at her office they go to Seungwan's cafe to get their dinner there.

 

"How's work?" Joohyun asks casually while accompanying them in the cafe. She sits across Seulgi with Sori in her baby chair in the middle.

 

"Tiring like usual, but thankfully everyone was charmed by her so it wasn't that hard." Seulgi says while munching her food, Joohyun can see everything inside and ignores it.

 

"I'm curious why you let Seungwannie extend her trip if you know you're going to be-" Joohyun swings her arms trying to explain the situation, pointing to Sori and Seulgi. "-in a mess."

 

A sigh escape from her lips before she speaks. Seulgi is not sure either why she let Seungwan, it wasn't like she let Seungwan because she was the one who told her to get more days. Seulgi has been told by her father to give Seungwan some time alone away from duty as a mom because from what her father saw she is the one who takes the 'alpha' role in their house.

 

Speaking from his experience, Seulgi's mother had some stress over taking care of her and his brother. He doesn't want her daughter and her wife going through that and Seungwan has it worse because she also working and knowing Seungwan, she would keep it to herself.

 

So when Seungwan told Seulgi she has to manage some business in the resort she owns in Thailand an idea popped up and Seulgi convinced Seungwan to stay longer and not to worry about her and Sori.

 

"That's nice of him." Joohyun says while sipping her drink.

 

"Excuse me, it's me not my dad."

 

"You won't think about it if your father didn't told you."

 

Seulgi scoffs and turns to look at her daughter who surprisingly has black bean sauce all over her face. Seulgi squeals and startles both Joohyun and Sori, she hurriedly takes wet wipes and clean up her daughter's face while Joohyun just laughs seeing her frustrated friend.

 

"Say unnie, can you manage the cafe alone?" Seulgi wonders startling Joohyun.

 

"This one alone? Yes. The branches? Just kill me." Joohyun looks at her friend and narrow her eyes. "Don't tell me you want to stop Seungwan from working!"

 

"Maybe, but i remember we talked about it and i didn't get my morning kiss for almost a week, so no." Seulgi grimaces remembering the event where they argued about the issue, not only she didn't get her morning kiss she also slept alone because Seungwan chose to sleep with Sori in Sori's room.

 

Joohyun chuckles and pats Seulgi's head for reassurance. "Well then, don't think about it. Seungwan can handle it fine and you should trust her."

 

"It's not like I don't trust her, I'm just worried"

 

"You know she tells me everything about her problems right?" Seulgi nods, Joohyun is not only their friend. She's also their unnie, their mentor, someone they look up to. "She told me she's happy now, happier than she was. One thing she ever complained to me was how to make you stop chewing with your mouth open."

 

Joohyun laughs and swats the tissue thrown to her, she hides behind Sori who now munching her favourite biscuit. 

 

The last day without her wife goes pretty well, Seulgi can finally work her way through her job and nursing her daughter. Yerim doesn't count because she's a young adult and she has been busy with her thesis and other projects that she's barely at home.

 

The day Seungwan back home has arrived. Seulgi wakes up early, puts Sori in her cutest clothes, packs her change clothes and other things, drives to her office, have some meeting, lunch and then goes to the airport to pick up her wife. Seungwan said she should be arrived around 2 PM so Seulgi buys a bouquet of flowers first.

 

Sori is sleeping on the way and wakes up just before Seulgi's done parking her car. She puts Sori in her stroller and brings the bouquet in her hand.

 

Seulgi and Seungwan has been together for a decade and know each other longer than that but being separated for 4 days only met through facetime makes her a nervous wreck. She doesn't know what makes her so anxious it's not like she's going to propose again, they are married.

 

She checks the flight schedule and see Seungwan's flight already arrived and she probably waiting for her baggage. She stands close to the arrival gate and brings Sori into her arms ready to welcome her wife.

 

Seungwan comes into their sight pushing her cart dressed in her plain white button up shirt and denim shorts complete with her black nike cap and shoes. She looks so comfy and her smiles so bright even though her face shows her tiredness from the trip.

 

Seungwan hugs them both and kiss Sori's cheeks then goes to her her wife's lips. Maybe this is one of the reasons she was so anxious to meet her because she missed her wife so much. Seungwan giggles when Sori pushes them apart and asks to be hugged by her mama. Well, Seulgi's not the only one who missed her.

 

"Welcome home, love" Seulgi says giving her the bouquet of flowers she bought before and Seungwan mumbles thannk you. "How's the flight?"

 

Seungwan tells her what she had been doing in the past 4 days, from checking up the resort she owns to buys an elephant figure in Chatuchak Market she wants ever since their last visit. Seulgi listens attentively while driving and occasionally stealing glances to her wife who has Sori in her lap. Apparently their daughter gets more clingy after not seeing her other mother for days.

 

It's not a surprise but Seungwan gets one upon seeing their clean house. Seulgi has this smug smile on her face watching her wife's expression, big eyes open wide and her eyebrows raised so high.

 

"This is unreal, how did you find time to clean the entire house?" Seungwan says, wandering around the house to find any mess but she finds nothing.

 

Seulgi claps and spread her arms, twirling in the living room feeling too proud of herself. "House cleaning service." A cushion flies towards her and she laughs heartily. Seungwan fakes annoyed and stomps her way to the bedroom. "Oh come on, love. Do you prefer i cleaned up?"

 

A firm yes from Seungwan and Seulgi giggles, "but if i think about it again maybe it's better for you to hire the service than do it yourself."

 

"Anyway! Let's eat and take Sori to Joohyun unnie's."

 

"I still don't understand why you want to bring her to Joohyun unnie, i just got home!" Seungwan gives the pout to her.

 

"I just want to spend some time alone with my wife, am i not allowed to?" Seulgi pulls Seungwan into hug and Seungwan weakly hit her chest but still melts in her embrace.

 

"I know what you trying to do, just a reminder that I'm pretty tired from the long flight."

 

"It's okay, that's fine. The more tired you are, the more you can't resist me." Seulgi pulls away but not breaking the hug and wiggles her eyebrows to Seungwan who pinch her side as a reply. "You'll get a good sleep tonight."

 

 

 

 

A.N:

Hello! I'm so sorry it's been awhile because my mind refused to work on anything creative on the past weeks and i started to running out of ideas for this story😂. Hope you guys still enjoy this story eventho im at this hjfhfhdhf. Oh yeah before i forgot you guys can suggest some prompt or idea for this story or for other because i have a oneshot collection too (shameless promotion ew!). Thank you for staying and don't forget to always healthy! See ya!