The Birth

Parental Guidance

"Just a little more push and we'll be done soon, Miss Shon"

The smells of antiseptic didn't bother her anymore ever since she came into the room 3 hours ago. Her body hurts like hell and all she could hear was she has to do more breathing, more pushing. If she weren't stuck on the bed and could move her body freely she would just kick the doctor in front of her and call it a day.

But no, not when she remembers there was her wife beside her encouraging her while tears streaming down her puffy cheeks. Letting her hand to be crushed when she holds them so tight hoping the other could feel the pain she experienced at the moment. Not when the memories of carrying the little life inside of her body for more than 9 months looping in her mind. 

"I'm sorry, love. Please, hang in there for us. Just a bit more"

She could hear the voice of her wife echoing on her side but the pain in her whole body makes it sounds so far away. She just wants to rest, she wants to end it. She gathers all the strength left in her little body and she decided it would be her last try. As the sweet words she couldn't really hear on her ear being whispered, she steadies her breath and finally pushing out whatever she has inside of her. 

Seulgi stands outside her daughter's room, looking through the glass with her friends on her side adoring her newborn baby. Her small daughter sleeping peacefully with the blanket she prepares since a month before. She couldn't keep her eyes away, soft smile plastered on her face.

"What's her name?"

"Kang Sori." Her friends look at her waiting for more. The new mother stares at her daughter fondly and continue, "Seungwan's voice is my favourite and i fell in love with her because of it. She is Sori so i can have two beautiful voices as mine."

Whomever seen her daughter would know that she was Kang Seulgi and Shon Seungwan's daughter. The eyes that everyone would recognise as Seulgi's and the curly lips that looks exactly like Seungwan's. 

Eyes flutters open slowly and Seungwan lets out a deep sigh. Four days has passed after she gave birth to the small bundle of joy but the tiredness and pain still there somehow. Seulgi immediately brush her bangs to the side and plants a long kiss on her forehead. The kiss doesn't make the pain away but it eases something in her.

"Hey, love." The older greets her softly, "how do you feel?"

"Never better" Seungwan says, giving her tired smile but still bright. "How's your classes?"

"You can call me the diaper-changer master now. The instructor says i did a really good job even the other parents jealous of me."

Seungwan giggles and listens to her wife with adoration. The love of her life, her baby, a kid stuck in an adult body has finally become a mother with her.

They both mothers.

Parents.