Ch.9 - The Jealousy

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan sighs as he stares at Sowon that crossing the road with her oversize sweater and sweatpants. Sowon gets inside the car with her big smiles and pulls out something from underneath her sweater. Jeonghan stares at the small box with a gold ribbon on top of it with guilty feelings. He tries to smiles at it and grabs it. 

"I get you a gift! I hope you'll like it." Jeonghan her hair and opened the gift. Sowon waits with her big smiles. Jeonghan opens the box and it was a watch with an initial name in it. J&S. Jeonghan sighs in frustration and his tears stream down to his cheeks. Sowon is surprised to see that reaction. She didn't expect that reaction from Jeonghan but he cries. Hard. Sowon had a hard time to keep Jeonghan calms. Jeonghan covers his eyes meanwhile Sowon pulls her into her arms to hugs him. Jeonghan hugs her back without saying anything. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Is something bothering you?" Sowon asks. Jeonghan gains his breathing after a few time exhales a breath with tears. Sowon wipes the tears from his face and cupped it. He looks at her with a teary-eyed. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" Sowon asks. Jeonghan shakes his head. 

"Nothing. I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry." he repeated saying sorry and it makes Sowon didn't feel good.

"Oppa," Sowon calls him that and he immediately locks his gaze with Sowon. She rarely calls him that because Jeonghan didn't really like it if Sowon calls him that. 

"If you are not going to tell me anything, I'm going to-" Jeonghan giggled before Sowon finishes her words. Sowon frowns. "Oppa!" 

"Sowon-ah, please call me that. You are so cute." Sowon pouts but when Jeonghan is showing his big smile, Sowon is melting. She caresses her boyfriend's cheeks.

"So, are you not going to tell me, what's up with this big boy tears?" Sowon leans back to watch Jeonghan in a full view. Jeonghan chuckled before heaving a sigh of relief. 

"I'm just...feeling guilty towards you. You give me this and I've been acting like on you." 

"?" Sowon frowns again. "You did not." 

"But I did. I feel like I haven't got to be with you when you need me or, treat you like how am I supposed to treat you." Jeonghan said. He didn't want to tell the truth to Sowon but he's going to admit the feelings that he had right now. Sowon grabs his hands and rubs it with her thumbs. 

"I'm glad that we can meet here right now. I love you. I'm the one that supposed to say that. I've been busy. I can't even have a proper date with you. I'm sorry." Sowon confesses her feelings as well. Jeonghan shakes his head. 

"No. This is your job and I understand that." Jeonghan pats her palms. Sowon watches the touch with a warm feeling. "I love you too, Sowon-ah," he said it and after a while, they just spend time in a car without no words. 

"I heard you already start practice for the year-end award performance." Sowon nods her head. 

"Yup. It's going to be hectic and I don't think I can meet you here for now." Jeonghan plays with her hair. 

"It's okay. I'll meet you in the office. Byul's comeback is in a few weeks. Less than three weeks I think. I'm going to meet you in the company then." Sowon nods. 

"Let's meet there secretly." Jeonghan chuckled and brought her head closer to her. He kisses her in the forehead. 

"I'll meet you tomorrow if you want." Sowon pouts listening to the queue of her need to leave the car. "It's getting late. I don't want you to not get enough sleep, babe." Jeonghan said in his sweetest voice. 

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow." Sowon pecks him on the lips and leaving the car. Jeonghan watches her until she out of his sight. He sighs and tilted his head backward. He heaving a deep sigh and grabbing his phone to call Byul. He managed to see the time and it was past 2 AM. He calls her but she didn't pick up. He starts to worry. The last message from Byul is this evening where she said she'll be practicing until she calls him. But it past 2 AM and he didn't think that she will stay in the company at these hours. Jeonghan starts to drive back to the company. He found himself running to the lobby and pushes the button of the elevator a few times. He called her again. Still, no pick up from her. During this time, there is not a lot of people and mostly that comes at this clock is their artist and manager. 

Jeonghan steps inside the elevator once it arrives and pushes the level button. He waits, his lips nervously. Once it reached the level, he runs out of the elevator and to the hallway. He opens the door of the dance studio but found nobody inside. He's frowning. He's confused. Byul supposed to be there, practicing. Jeonghan dialed her number again. He heard a slow song from the cabinet near the speaker in that room. Jeonghan turns his head and walks over that sound. He searching for it. There, he saw Byul's phone in her bag and she's nowhere to be found. Jeonghan storms out of the room and quickly goes to the bathroom. In case she is in there. Jeonghan calls her name but there is no reply so he sighs. He walks back to the dance studio and she heard a laugh. Byul's laugh. Jeonghan's head was down but then lifts up and he runs to the voice. 

"I knew it!" Jeonghan stops when he saw Byul is laughing with a guy. He knew that guy. He is her choreographer. He choreographed for this comeback title song. They take a seat at the couch in front of the dance studio. 

"But, you are in your fourth year now. You are not da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter