Ch.7 - Confession

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Byul wake up with a headache. She cries all night. She manages to grabs her phone and audio note Mr.Lee, saying she's having a headache. Luckily, she didn't have any scheduled plans. Then she texts Jeonghan to inform him that she wants a day off. As much as she wants to avoid him, she needs to tell him so that he won't be rushing to her apartment then Byul falling asleep without eating any medicine. She woke up later and gets up. Her headache is gone. She walks to the bathroom for a shower. After a shower, she walks out of her bedroom with her still drying her hair using a towel. She slumps down at the couch in the living room before opens the TV. 

The drama that she watches in the early month still ongoing but its in the final episode. Byul sighs as she glared at the watch. It's 3 PM. Byul touches her stomach as it growling. She walks to the refrigerator and opens it to see what can she eat. Then her eyes caught a Tupperware that contains something. She pulls out and opens it. It was a kimbap. Byul remembers that Jeonghan did say that he cooked in advance and ask her to heat it up yesterday. She's feeling enraged and throw the Tupperware inside the trash bin. She holds the kitchen counter to steady herself as she's feeling dizzy by feeling furious at him. She heaving a deep sigh before closes her eyes and tries to manage her breathing.

Byul walks back to the refrigerator and pull out a few ingredients and put on the kitchen counter. She's taking out two packs of ramen from inside of her kitchen cabinet and starts to boil the water in the pot that fits two packs of ramen. After done cooking, she walks to the living room and eats her first meal for the day. She's staying in the living room until the sky turns dark. She gets up after she's feeling stuffy. She takes the pot back to the kitchen and left it in the sink. She washes her face in the bathroom and steps inside her mini studio. She starts to play around the piano and makes some melody. 

She's doing what she likes until her alarm rings at 12 AM. Then Byul moves to her bedroom and sleeps until the next morning. She woke up early as well as she sleeps enough for the night. She gets ready while messaging Jeonghan to just wait for her in the lobby. 10 minutes later, she walks out of the house and finds her way to the lobby. She waits for Jeonghan for another 5 minutes before she spots their company car. She recognizes that car as she's been using that for four years. She hopped in without waiting for Jeonghan to opens the door for her. 

"Morning." Jeonghan steals glances through the rear-view mirror. Byul didn't even look at him and just closed the door. 

"Morning. When did you take the car?" she asks while makes herself comfortable on her seat.

"Yesterday afternoon. Mr.Lee said the car is clean and they change the color and interior a bit." Byul looks around and nods. She notices the small changes in this car interior. 

"Okay, good." Byul plays on her phone. Jeonghan looks at her in the same mirror but Byul didn't even lift her head to look at him. 

"How are you?" Jeonghan starts the conversation after feeling stuffy for a few minutes without conversation. Usually, Byul will be loud with her sharing stuff or information with him. But today Byul seems distant and silent. 

"I'm fine." Byul answers. 

"What happened?" Jeonghan wants to know the details. 

"Headache," she replied short without looking away from her phone.

"Are you okay now?" 

"Yup," she said. Jeonghan sighs and he didn't try to talk more. Once they arrived at the company, Byul didn't wait for Jeonghan and gets out of the car. Jeonghan hurriedly follows her pace. 

"Have you had your breakfast?" Jeonghan asks when they are waiting for the elevator. Byul looks at Jeonghan and that is their first eye contact for the day. 

"No need." Jeonghan tilted his head. 

"You have to eat other-" 

"I'm fine." Byul cuts him and looks back at her phone. Jeonghan stunned. The cold vibe that Byul is giving to him is killing Jeonghan's heart. He's hurt. The elevator door is opened and people coming out from there smiling at Byul. She's also smiling and greets them. Jeonghan protective mode is on as he put his arms over her shoulder and that makes Byul froze. 

"Let's go." Jeonghan drags her to get inside the elevator. Byul brushed his hands asi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter