Ch.8 - F*** the Feelings

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul walks out of Mr.Lee's room after the discussion with the choreographer. They need to pick one choreography that fits one of the title songs. Last week, they already decided the title song for this comeback and Byul can't wait to dance to it. She walks slowly to the end of the hallway where Jeonghan is talking on the phone. She stops at a certain distance and leans on the wall with her arms crossed. 

"I'll meet you after you come back, okay?" Jeonghan is referring to her schedule. Byul heard that GFriend have a schedule in Jeju Island. "I miss you too, baby." Byul flinched listen to that. 

"Okay, let me know if tonight is fine. Otherwise, we just met up in the office." Byul cleared and immediately Jeonghan turns around with his eyes widened. Byul turns her face to Jeonghan. 

"Umm...I talk to you later. Bye." he ended the call and rush to her side. "Done meeting with Mr.Lee?" Byul nodded and left to the elevator. Jeonghan follows her. He fidgeted whether to explain his call or no need to do that. Byul enters the elevator and Jeonghan pushes the button to the basement level. 

"I have two days off. Mr.Lee wants me to rest for these two days. Because starting then, I'll be busy with dance practice and do all the preparation for this album." Jeonghan nodding his head listening to her talking. "And I don't want any stress for these two months." 

"Two months?" Jeonghan raised his eyebrows.

"My dateline. Then, my comeback is next." Byul heaving a nervous sigh. Jeonghan holds her hands and they make eye contact. 

"Don't worry. I will not give you any stress." Jeonghan smiles. Byul smiles bitterly before pushing him away when the elevator door is opened. She didn't want their gap is going to be a problem within these upcoming months. Jeonghan startled when she pushes him away. 

"What's for dinner?" Byul looks at him.

"I'm going out with a friend tonight so you can go home after dropping me off." Byul gives him an instruction and Jeonghan just nodded. They went out in the basement and Byul gets into the passenger seat. Jeonghan gets inside the driver seat and starts the engine. 

"I want chicken panini tomorrow morning." Byul looks at him with a pouty mouth. Jeonghan stunned. Her mood is changing in a split second. Just now, she acts like she's pushing him away but now she looks cute. Byul blinks her eyes a few times. 

"I'll send it to your house tomorrow." Jeonghan pinched her cheeks before driving away. Byul smiles brightly. On their way home, Jeonghan stops by at the bakery store and bought a few pieces of bread. He gets in and passed the paper bag that fills with bread to Byul. She took it and take a look at what inside. 

"Make sure you eat that for dinner. You had a heavy lunch so I think you can go to the gym tomorrow." Byul narrowed her eyes. 

"Don't start nagging me about weight like Mr.Lee," she said and Jeonghan chuckled. He starts to drive back. 

"I'm not nagging. I just remind you that you had a very heavy lunch. So please start your exercise routine and eat healthily. I'll be coming to these two days just to cook." 

"You will?" Byul looks excited. 

"Yes, I am," Jeonghan answered. Arriving at the basement parking, Jeonghan parks the car. He steps out and Byul steps outside also after gathering her stuff. They walk to the lobby and waiting for the elevator. While waiting for the elevator, Byul scrolled through her phone to see what's on social media. Then she noticed a picture of Sowon at the recent idol gathering where they did some sports. Byul never gets invited because the only group is available to join. Jeonghan takes a glance at Byul's phone screen and smiling while seeing Sowon's face. Her expression is cute. The elevator reached the lobby and they enter it. Jeonghan scans the card and enters the level number. 

"Where is Sowon now?" Byul asks suddenly. Jeonghan didn't straight away turn his head, he froze. "I heard that she'll be coming back tonight. Are you meeting her tonight?" Byul asks again without waiting for his reply. Jeonghan didn't answer but biting his lips. Byul sighs and looks up to stare at the lift screen where they show which level are they right now. 

"It almost your 2 year anniversary, is it?" Byul asks. Jeonghan looks at her. She counts the timeline in her head. When they first meet, they've been dating for a year and a half. Now, Jeonghan has been working in the company as her manager for almost 5 months. It should be another a month or two for their 2 year anniversary. Jeonghan gulped his saliva

"Let me say congratulation first. I don't know when is the date but-" 

"It was for Christmas. I ask her to be my mine and that is the magical date as Christmas should be." Jeonghan answers with his intention to avoid further conversation on his relationship. Byul face turns cold and she smiles bitterly after a while. She turns around to look at him and shows her smiles. 

"That's great to know. I can say congrats to her too, right?" she scrunched her nose then walk out of the elevator when it's reached her level. Jeonghan follows and waits for Byul to opens the door. Byul walks straight to her bedroom to calm down herself while Jeonghan walks to the kitchen. He grabs the paper bag that has the pieces of bread to heat it in the microwave. 

Byul sits down at the edge of her bed and sighs. She fans herself to cool her down. She heard his conversation with Sowon like an hour ago and now Jeonghan is proudly telling her their anniversary date. It makes Byul quite upset. She knew she wasn't supposed to cross the lines that they create a week ago but this feeling is so stuffy in her chest. She opens her cardigan and hangs it in the closet. She her lips before startled with the knocking sound. She cleared and walks to the door. She opened it and Jeonghan is in front of her room with a big smile. 

"I already heat up the bread. You can eat it. I'll be going now. Tomorrow morning, I'll buy the chicken panini." Jeonghan moves away from the door and Byul follows him. "Don't worry about lunch and dinner. When I come in the morning, I'll cook it for you." Jeonghan said while walking towards the entrance. 

"Are you leaving?" Byul frowns. His visit is so short. Jeonghan turns around and gives her a sweet smile that she never seen at anyone else. 

"I need to go. Mr.Lee call me just now to discuss the schedule planning. I'll let you know if there is any update for you to know." Jeonghan wears his shoes. "I'll see you tomorrow morning," Jeonghan said before opens the door. 

"Jeonghan-ah." Byul runs to him and hugs him. Jeonghan froze. "I know I shouldn't be doing this but...I told you that I don't want to have any stress for the next two months. I really mean it, Jeonghan-ah." 

"I will not be giving you any stress. I will take care of you." Jeonghan sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter