Ch.13 - The Start of Us

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul stares out the window. They just left the shooting set and now they are on their way home. Byul didn't look so happy today as Chanyeol is flying away from her and she will have a hard time to stir away from the feeling of liking Jeonghan. Jeonghan drives away and sometimes takes a glance at the rear-view mirror to look at Byul. He is worried but he can't do anything about it. 

"What time is his flight?" Jeonghan asks Byul suddenly. Byul startled and look at her watch

"He's gone already," she said annoyingly then sighs.

"What time?" Jeonghan still wants to know. 

"An hour ago! He's gone an hour ago!" Byul gives an attitude. She pissed off. She stares at Jeonghan with teary eyes. Jeonghan stops driving and park next to the road and looks back. Byul already hugging her legs and buried her face in between. He sighs. 

"Byul-ah." 

"I need him, Jeonghan-ah. I need him." Byul sobbing about him. Jeonghan feels stuffy in his chest. "He loves me, Jeonghan-ah. I need him." 

"Byul-ah." 

"I want to love him, Jeonghan-ah. Please." 

"Byul, look at me. Look at me now." Byul raised her face. "He's gone for a month. He'll be back later. You don't need to cry like this, Byul-ah." Byul shakes her head. 

"You don't understand, Jeonghan-ah. I need him." 

"I know you need him. You love him, you need him. But he's gone now. Just for a month. Please, Byul-ah." Byul wipes her tears. 

"I want to go with him." 

"You can't." Jeonghan drives again and back to home. Byul already calms down even though there is an unwanted tear flows down to her cheeks. She goes straight to her bedroom and without closing the door, she lays on the bed with her face down on the mattress. Jeonghan takes a peek at her room and stops when her position could drown her. He immediately runs inside and changes her position. Byul is crying in silence and it makes Jeonghan surprised. 

"What is wrong with you? Why you have to cry this hard for him? Byul-ah! He'll be back!" Byul curled her body and Jeonghan drags her out of the bed. Byul is pushing him away meanwhile, he struggles to stands her up. As a result, he falls on top of her, and they both stares at each other. They both can hear each other heart thumping. Jeonghan leans closer to her face and Byul is looking like she is ready to accept the kiss but then a phone is ringing and they both wakes ups from the dream. Jeonghan pushes himself to stands up and Byul is clearing before looking for her phone. 

"Not mine," she said. Jeonghan immediately searches for his phone in the pocket and answer the call. 

"Hi, Sowon-ah." Byul looks down upon hearing the name. She didn't want her reaction will cause a misunderstanding between them. "Oh, okay. I'll be there. I'll call you when I'm there." Jeonghan ended the call and looks at Byul. 

"I'm meeting Sowon. If you want anything, text me. I'll buy it for you." Byul moves her head without making eye contact. Jeonghan walks out of the room hurriedly as he wants to run away from Byul as well. Byul wipes all the tears from her face and walks to the bathroom to clear herself. 

Jeonghan park at the side road before grabbing his phone to call Sowon. A few minutes later, Sowon appeared from across the road and crossing the road to his car. Jeonghan smiles over when she gets inside. 

"Hi." they didn't meet for a few days because Sowon has an outdoor shooting out of Seoul. 

"Hi. How are you doing?" Sowon pouts. 

"I get scratch over here." Sowon whines and Jeonghan take a look at the wound. They talk the whole night until 3 AM when Jeonghan forces Sowon to go back to her dorm. Jeonghan didn't return home but instead, he sleeps in the car that he parks at Han River. He didn't want to meet Byul and be with her in the same house after what happened. He should be strong on his stands. He shouldn't lean closer to kiss her. He shouldn't follow his desire. He feels stupid. So stupid. He wants her but his relationship status blocks him from loving her more than he could. He loves Sowon but...it feels different when with Byul. She feels like giving him a new breath, like a refresh heal in his life. Jeonghan closed his eyes and fall asleep. 

At home, Byul is staring at the ceiling in the dark. She wants to fall asleep but her eyes didn't feel heavy at all. Next week is her last week of promotion and she is planning to fire Jeonghan so that she won't need to see him every day in her daily life. For now, she is busy and didn't have time to let him linger in her mind. She tries to be with Chanyeol and talk with him as much as she can to avoid thinking about Jeonghan. Being with Chanyeol, make her denied his existence 100%. Chanyeol gives her the love that she needs and the fluttering from every meeting. Now, when he is gone, Byul starts to feel anxious about what will happen in a month. To have that thought in her mind makes her feel to lose control. She needs to really let him go as let. Him. Go.

When the dawn is coming, Byul gets out of her room and checks the guest room that temporarily used by Jeonghan. She didn't sleep all night so she's wondering where is Jeonghan. They have scheduled at 2 PM at Busan. Byul grabs her phone in her bedroom and calls him. Jeonghan didn't pick up in the first two calls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter