Ch.14 - The Decision

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan is driving back to Seoul. Luckily today Byul didn't have any schedule but only at night, where she needs to attend a radio show for an interview. On one hand, at the steering wheel, the other arms get hugs by Byul that intertwined their hands as well. She looks happy and that is the brightest smile he sees from her for a long time. They stopped at the highway rest area. Byul is waiting inside the car while Jeonghan is out to buy them food for a long ride. 

Byul is looking at Jeonghan with a big smile until he is lost among crowded people. Byul sighs and grabs her phone to check her social media. But her phone rings and it shows Chanyeol's name that she saves as 'My Man' to make Jeonghan feels jealous if he sees that but now she feels anxious to pick up the call. She gulped and answer the call. 

"Hello?" 

"Baby!" Chanyeol's voice sounds happy. Byul smiling. 

"Hey. Aren't you sleeping you right now?" 

"No. I'm drinking with one of my housemates. This is really a nice place, babe." Byul chuckled nervously. 

"Really? So what time is it over there? 2? 3 AM?" Byul tries to have the conversation ongoing. 

"2 AM, baby. How are you? Do you miss me?" Chanyeol asks. Based on his voice, he sounds a bit drunk. Byul sighs. 

"You drunk, Chanyeol-ah." 

"I'm not darling. I miss you. Do you miss me?" Byul looks out of the window. 

"I miss you, Chanyeol-ah," she said with a bit of emotion. Chanyeol chuckled from the other side. 

"I know you will. What are you doing right now?" 

"I just got back from Busan. Tonight, I have a radio show. So, have you started your class?" Byul tries to make a conversation that looks like she is interested in him. 

"Not yet. This week will be just an introduction. I'm going to the city tour tomorrow with my housemate. She's born here so she knows a lot of great places." Byul narrowed her eyes. 

"She?" 

"Yeah, she! Her name is Sophia. She's the best. I watched her dance today. She's great." Byul bites her lips. She feels like she has a rival in something that she didn't know what it is. A second ago, she didn't feel anything towards this call but now, she doesn't know. 

"Oh really? How old is she?" Byul asks again. 

"Around 23 years old? Hey, Sophie! You're 23, right?" Chanyeol pulls away from his phone and Byul heard a rustling noise like a leather couch noise when someone gets up from the sits. Then she heard a groan and that leather couch make noise again like someone is sitting down at the couch.

"I'm 22, babe!" the woman's voice makes Byul feel furious. 

"Chanyeol?" then she heard a smooch sound. She gasped. She ended the call when pulling away from the phone. She looks at the blank screen before smirks. Chanyeol is cheating behind her as well. Byul didn't feel guilty as much as before anymore after knowing what Chanyeol have done. Not long after, Jeonghan came back with two corn dogs. 

"Let's eat. This is your drink." Jeonghan gives the Ice Americano to Byul and she grabs it. Jeonghan passes one of the corn dogs to Byul and they eat it. 

"Is it okay?" Byul nodding her head while chewing on the food. Jeonghan pulls away from her hair from the mouth so she won't chew the hair as well. 

"Eat yours." Jeonghan passed the tissue to Byul and after eating, he drives back to the highway until reaching the apartment. While taking their bag at the backseat, Jeonghan's phone ringing. He pulls out the phone from his pocket and answers it without seeing the caller as he is busy closing the door. 

"Hello?" Byul walks over to him as she wants to help him. 

"Hello? Oppa? Where are you?" Jeonghan frowned. 

"Sowon?" Byul looks at him.

"Oppa? Where are you? Did you read my message last night?" Jeonghan sighs and grabs Byul's hand to hold it. Then they walk side by side to the lift lobby. Byul tries to act normal. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't. Why?" 

"Oppa, are you with Byul-ssi?" 

"I just arrived from Busan." Jeonghan didn't answer her directly. Sowon sighs. 

"I miss you, Oppa." 

"Can we talk another time?" he sounds cold towards her. Sowon can detect his voice and she didn't feel good about this. 

"Oppa, why are you talking like that? Are you with her right now?" 

"I'm with Byul, Sowon-ah." Jeonghan directly saying it. Byul looks at him in surprised and he looks at her to assure everything is okay. He holds her hands tightly and Byul feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter